Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gamep

Post by kondi754 »

@David105

When I write about the Wehrmacht, I mean army units only, not the SS.
For you, the SS is the same as the German army, therefore, I stand by my opinion and say that you write nonsense.
Moreover, I think that a person professionally engaged in history wouldn't mistaken the German army with SS units.

Below I am quoting your words:
David105 wrote:
As far as I know, the Wehrmacht had high morale and discipline throughout the war, so the war ended only in May 1945
It isn't! Operations at eastern fronts - some SS forces retrieved with out order! It was in 44 years campaign. It was a guards forces of Wehrmacht machine! I can give u some details of this if u want.) Even in botched historical books u could find that the Wehrmacht of 45 it isn't Wehrmacht of 39-40!
Authors list doesn't impress me.
You may reject the Russian authors, they will never admit to crimes even as they will be caught by the hand in the act. :wink:
Von Tippelskirch seems to me that after the war he lived in eastern Germany ... :?

For me, enough memories of older people, who survived the "liberation" by the Red Army and described what happened. Instead of thousand books I prefer to listen to ordinary people, witnesses of history.
Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor »

For multiplayer option to freely choose starting units. Also random map generator for multiplayer would be really cool.

For naval give destroyers/landing crafts ability to force enemy land units to retreat if fully suppressed. It's been really an issue in pz1 that it is very hard to make room for the landing units. Especially in multiplayer games.

Also small icons next to units health indicating what sort of heroes are involved would be nice feature.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Naxor wrote:For multiplayer option to freely choose starting units. Also random map generator for multiplayer would be really cool.

For naval give destroyers/landing crafts ability to force enemy land units to retreat if fully suppressed. It's been really an issue in pz1 that it is very hard to make room for the landing units. Especially in multiplayer games.

Also small icons next to units health indicating what sort of heroes are involved would be nice feature.
Naxor? You and I and Mkoki77 will have to test multiplayer portion of Panzer Corps 2 to make sure it is up to snuff. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor »

goose_2 wrote:
Naxor? You and I and Mkoki77 will have to test multiplayer portion of Panzer Corps 2 to make sure it is up to snuff. ;)
Haha yeah sure but I think it is up to developers :wink:

I apologize for some fellow players. I haven't logged in forums for maybe 6 months and noticed I 've got plenty of private messages I have not answered. Been little busy in personal life but I try to improve my panzer corps activity.
Casaubon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Casaubon »

Dear Santa,
  • Better AI -> Don´t like the obligation to fight 200 dumb units with my 30 core units. Breaks immersion and is tedious! Maybe that is why I like the early war DLCs of PzC much better...
  • Different reinfocements rule-> Didn´t like the free green reinforcements much and also the annoying (because most unrealistic) enemy down to 1 strength gets away and reinforces 100% within 1 turn thing in PzC.

Would rather prefer the player to have some sort of more differentiated supply and reinforcements ressources than just prestige for everything.
    Some ideas:
    • Maybe have unit class dependent ressources. As side effect this would prevent min-maxing unrealistic high-end tank only core compositions. So if you played tank only all the time you might run out of tank reinfocements. I´d like to be rewarded to use weaker units or even outdated units and not just do this for own enjoyment.
    • Have a probability percentage for permadeath of single strength points until end of each battle as in Fantasy General.
    • Have standalone supply units in your core as in Operation Merkur that are needed to be kept nearby to reinforce (the C64 game of 1991 - yes I´m old. To make it more modern these could function as nodes set up in a line to expand regions on the map where reinfocements can be obtained at all, which would not need too much micromanegement. Haven´t played OOB - is it anything like this?)
  • More flexible heros; I like how heroes (or rather commanders) with their individual abilities and modifiers in Panzer General 3D could be assigned to different units, changing even some of said units base values to some extent. Also liked the hard limits there of what equipment could be used simultaneously on a map
  • Loved the crushing or overrun tank attack in People´s General or whatever this ability was called. If armour unit dominates soft unit, it moves into it´s place and can do another attack into 1 adjacent field. Made tanks really feel like crushing monsters in certain situations even more than the overrun thing in PzC.
  • I´m with the depth over graphics crowd.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Casaubon Different reinfocements rule-> Didn´t like the free green reinforcements much and also the annoying (because most unrealistic) enemy down to 1 strength gets away and reinforces 100% within 1 turn thing in PzC.
"I am so with you there!", that festering consternation has always revulsed me!. Also, while were on this particular aspect of gross "unfairness/inequality"... I have easily noticed that the "AI" get's at the very least '10X' or more the opportunity to exercise "Rough Defence" or something like that, translating into what should have been an easy victory into almost something instead like a 'Pyhricc-Victory"( You get slaughtered instead ). "Translation:" You do win the engagement, but at such a great cost, that in reality it amounts to a defeat!.

As for your age, well im joining your crowd, you have a great deal of accumulated wisdom and personal experience!. I am 63 years old now as of march 25 & and I am sick of garbage in games that shouldn't be there!,...and so, therefore really appreciated your comment.

The rest of your comment's also get a 'Two-Thumbs-Up' from me as well!.
Last edited by Retributarr on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Trait or INI file parameter:
1. The ability to make replenishment was only in the period of availability of the unit.
If the unit is obsolete, then only upgrade.
To the player could not use the vehicle, which was no longer produced.

INI file parameter:
2. With the included mode - "refom unit".
Ability to upgrade the destroyed units.
With zero strength for zero cost. And then reinforce for one cost.

Now you can only reinforce the unit. For 100% of the cost. And then upgrade for 100% of the costs. It turns out a double cost.
I would like a single cost :)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
verstaubtgesicht

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

Some of this has been mentioned, but I will add my 2c what I think matters:

1) Better AI - already an often mentioned topic. However, this is the mother of all improvements. If there is one big shortcoming of PC, it is the stupid AI. I am not a computer expert, but I can't believe that with all the computing power and memory one cannot improve here with a better algorithm.

2) Variability/unpredictability of scenarios. Even though there is eventually a lot of content, now one can play each scenario only once. What a waste!

3) Introduce direction of attack. It is not the same if a tank unit is fired upon from the front, side, or rear. This is true with an individual tank, but also a whole regiment. This will add strategic depth and avoid silly situations where the opposing units are all mixed up and it doesn't matter which way they are facing (i.e. the ability of the commander to control the battlefield deployment doesn't add any value, which is obviously not true on real war). It helps maintaining a solid front line a priority, which of course is paramount in real battle.

4) Give only unit-appropriate heroes. Please NO def or spot heroes on towed arty or ini on strat bombers! Quite frankly, I decide to reload when those happen...

5) More sophisticated supply management like using prestige for supply, penalty for distance, units surrendering after a certain period without supply (Stalingrad, anyone?). Maybe even introduce different categories like fuel for panzers, ammo and food, etc....

6) The only way one can successfully complete a long challenging campaign like GC on Rommel is to keep winning with little or almost no losses. This is unrealistic. I think that even simple adjustments like McGubba's BE mod would be helpful - for example the '41 winter chops off strength points on all units, penalty for waiting for a "sure kill" (in this mod if one avoids all non-X:0 odds, the delay will cost them dearly). In almost every battle there should be losses, and balance that with just enough prestige (but not too much).

7) Concepts of morale and fatigue. It doesn't make sense that a unit that has been engaged 10 turns in a row is performing the same as a fresh unit.

8) I am not sure about how to handle this, but there is no concept of (counter)intelligence here, which in real life played a great role (Enigma machine, Zorge).

9) It's probably too late, but NO 3D!!!
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

Super-fog of war mode: the strength, ammo, fuel and suppression status of enemy units is hidden.
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

one other little thing that really annoys me is: when the enemy gets a new unit in a scenario they can (and do) use it straight away - usually attacking a defenceless unit! - whereas we have to wait untill next turn. that is unfair/should be remedied somehow.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

There are a few scenarios where if you advance quickly, scripted reinforcements not only appear amongst your troops but attack immediately (one of the Italian scenarios in the West DLCs). This is annoying but reasonable for partisans, but a bit hard to swallow if it's an entire armoured division. Maybe enemy units should appear at the end of their turn so that they can't appear and move in one go.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

captainjack wrote:Maybe enemy units should appear at the end of their turn so that they can't appear and move in one go.
Also have to show the poster: "We are coming !" lol
When im died - I must be a killed.
Pill
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Pill »

Hi, first time poster, long time player (since the original) :)

I have one request for PC2...

Could the designers PLEASE PLEASE implement a realistic uniform scale to the maps and units, there is no scale to any scenario. A unit could be a division or a brigade,
Stalingrad in GC for example....bombers must refuel after flying over the city a couple of times.....the city must be 300miles wide...:)

Also improved AI and the ability to cut off enemy supply lines (without having 3 units beside the enemy) would be great.

BTW - Grand Campaign is best Panzer Corps ever imo. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks. ;)

kondi754 wrote: The Red Army in 1943-45 committed so many rapes, robberies and murders on the civilian population, so what kind of discipline do you write? In addition, they were drunk non stop.

Do not write nonsenses, unless you rely on books published in the USSR forty years ago.
The Red Army commanders themselves encouraged the soldiers to take revenge on the German civilians for the destruction of their homeland. In 1945 in Berlin there were such carnage, thievery and rape that even Zhukov was frightened and only then they began to punish, even shoot.

SS was not the Wehrmacht.
Of course the Wehrmacht was not the same in 1945, but relatively in terms of discipline was not so bad in the German army at all.
Wehrmacht war crimes didn't affect the discipline of the soldiers on the battlefield, but the lack of discipline in the Red Army was a danger to the entire front, so even the commanders began to react harshly at the end.
Yes, some valid points (another self confessed WW2 junkie here....particularly the Eastern front.) :)
kondi754 wrote:
David105 wrote:As far as I know, the Wehrmacht had high morale and discipline throughout the war, so the war ended only in May 1945
It isn't! Operations at eastern fronts - some SS forces retrieved with out order! It was in 44 years campaign. It was a guards forces of Wehrmacht machine! I can give u some details of this if u want.) Even in botched historical books u could find that the Wehrmacht of 45 it isn't Wehrmacht of 39-40!
By 1944 the only person in the German Army who could authorise a retreat was Hitler. Commanders were forbidden to retreat without his express permission. Usually against the advice of his generals

After Barbarossa ground to a halt outside Moscow in 1942, Hitler took personal charge of the Army and decreed "there will be no more retreats" (paraphrase).
This worked initially after Soviet counterattacks threatened Army Group Centre. But mostly it didn't, one glaring example being Paulus' 6th Army encirclement at Stalingrad.

Paulus could have withdrawn before being completely cut off, but he refused without Hitler's consent.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

@Pill
You made a mistake when quoting.
I wrote about the high morale of the Wehrmacht.

Below the correct quote :wink:
David105 wrote:
kondi754 wrote:
As far as I know, the Wehrmacht had high morale and discipline throughout the war, so the war ended only in May 1945

Pill

Post by Pill »

kondi754 wrote:@Pill
You made a mistake when quoting.
I wrote about the high morale of the Wehrmacht.

Below the correct quote :wink:
Thanks.
Originally I quoted the conversation between you two with my reply at the bottom, but seems this forum won't allow more than 3 quotes to be used in a single post.
So I cut and pasted which ofc messed it all up. lol
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

Yrfin wrote:have to show the poster: "We are coming !"
An excellent idea! The old idea of a man waving a red flag to warn people a motorised vehicle was following would be perfect for the Matilda 1. As long as the man with the flag didn't walk too fast.
Retributarr

Alternative Pre-WWII Game-Set ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gamep

Post by Retributarr »

"Alternative Pre-WWII Game-Set ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay"

How important was Malta during World War 2?
w.quora.com/How-important-was-Malta-during-World-War-2

Rommel had personally asked Hitler to invade Malta, claiming that so long as it is in British hands, the Germans would never win in Africa. Operation Herkules was devised to invade Malta. It was considered such an important target that 70,000 Italians soldiers were to land in St, Paul,s Bay and Marsaxlokk while 29,000 Paratroopers took the main airfield at Hal Far, however the events in Crete led to the operation being cancelled last minute. It is widely accepted that without Malta the British could never have held Egypt as it both permitted the British to resupply their forces and harassed and delayed vital supplies to the Germans.

Malta was an exercise in careless disregard. While the Axis did realize the importance of the island and did attempt to force its submission through an intense blockade and aerial bombing campaign, they largely made no effort towards acquiring it. General Erwin Rommel realized early on the importance of Malta, “Without Malta the Axis will end by losing control of North Africa", making all efforts necessary towards its capture despite the OKW’s lack of interest.

Map of Axis Convoy Routes, note how Malta is situated smack dab in the middle of multiple routes. If the Axis had taken Malta, there’s no telling what they could’ve done in the Mediterranean Theater, let alone the African Theater.

The idea was that if they could bomb enough of Malta into submission, that they would either surrender or allow for Operation Herkules. Operation Herkules itself was a bold idea of a combined German-Italian landing on Malta supported by German Fallschirmjäger. Had the operation actually been undertaken, the island most likely would’ve been secured with heavy casualties and allowed for an easier resupply of the struggling Afrika Korps.

There was only one problem; Rommel was too good.

The zenith of the Axis conquests in the African Theater was reached with the Fall of Tobruk. This worked against Rommel as Hitler called off Operation Herkules, thus forcing Rommel to rely on supplies from Italy and Greece rather than a closer port at Malta. The capture of Malta would’ve provided a great base of operations to defend Italian and German shipping convoys that were keeping his forces supplied as well as hinder the reinforcement of Allied troops in turn. The capture of Tobruk however, coupled with the disaster of the Invasion of Crete, did much to persuade Hitler that the operation was needless.

The failure to enact Operation Herkules did much to hamper the progress of Rommel and the Afrika Korps in Africa, the Siege of Malta being of-cited as one of the exemplifying reasons as to why the Axis lost Africa.
If Malta had fallen, all of Africa would in-turn.

This meant that in ‘41 the Afrika Corps was busy fighting against the British when they could have been fighting in the Soviet Union instead. Better yet had the Germans achieved total control of the Middle East they could open a southern front with the Soviet Union immediately threatening the Oil rich region of Baku.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World War II: Operation Pedestal - Relief of Malta
https://www.thoughtco.com/operation-ped ... ta-2360517

Following two failures to resupply the island in June, Malta's air commander, Air Vice Marshal Keith Park, a veteran of the Battle of Britain, informed London that only a few weeks of aviation fuel remained for his aircraft. Malta was a week away from total capituation or surrender from lack of food and fuel supplies. In an effort to alleviate the situation, the Admiralty began planning for a new operation to transport supplies to Malta.

As 1942 progressed, Allied forces operating from Malta proved highly effective at disrupting Axis convoys to North Africa and deprived Rommel of badly needed supplies and reinforcements. Weakened, he was badly defeated at the Second Battle of El Alamein in October-November. Driven back across North Africa, Rommel soon found himself trapped between the advancing British Eighth Army and American forces which landed as part of Operation Torch that November.
Casaubon

Post by Casaubon »

Interesting read, but wrong thread?
dobrodukh
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dobrodukh »

One of the most horrific events in the original game is when your plane quietly disappear from the game if he ran out of fuel. Do something at least in the second part of the game!!!
bgatr.jpg
bgatr.jpg (119.14 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
valhain

Post by valhain »

Better AI. Frankly, it's never been particularly clever.

Scale. It would be awesome if scale could be mantained throughout the campaign. Start with a few companies or battalions and move from there in terms of number and quality but not its supposed size when compared to historical data for the scenario. Basically, it would be great if the title would actually match what you will ultimately lead in game, a Panzer Corps consisting of some 50 battalion level units.
Facing. Have bonus/malus to a unit attacking from the front/rear

Supply. This is a must, and moreso if we are having facing. That you can resupply and even worse yet reinforce a unit 20 hexes await from your nearest friendly unit and deep in enemy territory has always killed the immersion for me. We must have a front line and units with no direct link to it suffer the consequences.

Heroes and Officers. More skills for heroes and also officers, so that every unit can have at least one commanding officer. Ideally, I would love to have some kind of OOB where you can promote these officers from their Battalion to the Regiment and then Division, so that their skills/perks affect not one but all units attached to his direct command.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”