Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Rudankort » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am

maguro wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 am
I'm not if this has been brought up yet and anyway I might be a little late, but I would like to have the option to add short videos or audio clips to mission briefings. I don't think it's a hugely important feature but It could help to add some interest to mission briefings.
Well, we have voice overs, so it is not a problem to insert any other audio file to be played during the briefing. As for videos, they don't exist yet. It's not a big problem to add an option to play them, the difficult part is to produce the videos. :)

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am
maguro wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 am
I'm not if this has been brought up yet and anyway I might be a little late, but I would like to have the option to add short videos or audio clips to mission briefings. I don't think it's a hugely important feature but It could help to add some interest to mission briefings.
Well, we have voice overs, so it is not a problem to insert any other audio file to be played during the briefing. As for videos, they don't exist yet. It's not a big problem to add an option to play them, the difficult part is to produce the videos. :)
I am beginning to remember the 'Videos' with more clarity now!. Most of them were 'cut/scenes-footage-clips' of actual WW2 live action'. If you could find the Old PzG game and play it, you would see that...that is what they are.

Hopefully, film-footage shouldn't be too terribly difficult to locate covering various aspects of the war. Then!, also get some footage of 'Adolf Hitler' ranting, raging, and vigorously gesturing for added special atmospheric effect in the footage clip's.

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:00 pm
Rudankort wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am
maguro wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 am
I'm not if this has been brought up yet and anyway I might be a little late, but I would like to have the option to add short videos or audio clips to mission briefings. I don't think it's a hugely important feature but It could help to add some interest to mission briefings.
Well, we have voice overs, so it is not a problem to insert any other audio file to be played during the briefing. As for videos, they don't exist yet. It's not a big problem to add an option to play them, the difficult part is to produce the videos. :)
I am beginning to remember the 'Videos' with more clarity now!. Most of them were 'cut/scenes-footage-clips' of actual WW2 live action'. If you could find the Old PzG game and play it, you would see that...that is what they are.

Hopefully, film-footage shouldn't be too terribly difficult to locate covering various aspects of the war. Then!, also get some footage of 'Adolf Hitler' ranting, raging, and vigorously gesturing for added special atmospheric effect in the footage clip's.
The game is available, not sure it includes the videos though...
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/panzer-general-2as

...but you can see the videos on PG let's plays on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwp9PZicbes

I would completely stay away from WW2 politics including actual characters, it will get your game censored/banned by law in key European markets...

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Pete',,,you beat me to the 'Punch'. Oh well...anyway...here are a couple of links for video footage that one might find interesting!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaLj2hTHYIM

https://www.bing.com/search?q=WWII+Hitl ... 991E81DA6A

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm
Pete',,,you beat me to the 'Punch'. Oh well...anyway...here are a couple of links for video footage that one might find interesting!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaLj2hTHYIM

https://www.bing.com/search?q=WWII+Hitl ... 991E81DA6A
Violence isn't my thing... :wink:

I am OK with WW2 military videos but I am just worried that the game gets banned in Germany (as many others were in the past) due to its inclusion of Nazi symbols and/or promoting Nazi ideology (intentionally or not doesn't matter). The Federal Government doesn’t consider it a joke for valid (historical) reasons I guess... Austria has similar laws…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgese ... ection_86a

maguro
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by maguro » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 am

I was thinking of using in action videos like those in the previous PG link, I almost forgot about those being in PG and I was thinking of the Close Combat Russian front intro vids for some scenarios when I brought it up. Anyway, I don’t think in-game vids will make or break the game.

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 am

LudwigBeck85 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:26 am
In my opinion, one should also think of the atmosphere, such as instructions by message during the campaign, which are covered with historical images of locales and generals.

Only the cities are presented (alpha version) loveless! They could be even more detailed!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Retributarr wrote: (Condensed reiteration from previous post)
(Previously stated): "I would instead like to see in 'Major-Cities' a representation/construct's of... and Where possible/practical...have messages...sent to the representative factions/armed forces... also perhaps include other notable landmark, building emplacements/locations".

Therefore: In addition to the above...-----------------------------------------

Now: Include "Oil-Drilling-Rig-Images" for Oil & Coal development areas like 'Baku, Maikop' & 'Rostov', etc. "Factory Icon Representations" for 'Industrial Centers'.

Why bother doing any of this?.
Well...as far as not accomplishing the aquisition or control of 'Oil-Facilities', this could potentially translate into the game as...a reduced movement factor for ground units.
For failing to seize 'Coal-Mines',...this could translate into a reduction of logistical supplies (reduced fuel, ammunition and Infantry, Armour and Aircraft replacements)...thereby now affecting the maximum efficiency of the ground and air units.

Supplies were brought/transited by using 'Steam-Powered-Trains', which if not supplied with enough Coal, would now not be able to fulfill their supply commitment requirements for the war front.

For the 'Factories', if they are no longer in control of the opposing force, that then means that now ...'they' suffer the consequences of reduced Military Production Asset's...unless they were wise enough to relocate their Industrial Infrastructure...Or to otherwise translate...a "Fewer or Reduced Quantities of Materiale'-Manufactured Horde Military Equipment Replacements".

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 pm

So were you able to get Battlefield Europe up and running… some of this is considered there (to some extent) as well! (but no spoilers here at this place) :D
Retributarr wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 am
Well...as far as not accomplishing the aquisition or control of 'Oil-Facilities', this could potentially translate into the game as...a reduced movement factor for ground units.
For failing to seize 'Coal-Mines',...this could translate into a reduction of logistical supplies (reduced fuel, ammunition and Infantry, Armour and Aircraft replacements)...thereby now affecting the maximum efficiency of the ground and air units.

Supplies were brought/transited by using 'Steam-Powered-Trains', which if not supplied with enough Coal, would now not be able to fulfill their supply commitment requirements for the war front.

For the 'Factories', if they are no longer in control of the opposing force, that then means that now ...'they' suffer the consequences of reduced Military Production Asset's...unless they were wise enough to relocate their Industrial Infrastructure...Or to otherwise translate...a "Fewer or Reduced Quantities of Materiale'-Manufactured Horde Military Equipment Replacements".

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 pm
So were you able to get Battlefield Europe up and running… some of this is considered there (to some extent) as well! (but no spoilers here at this place) :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply/Response:
Nyiet!,Nien!,No!,Non!...niecht!...
The instructions given are good for those who are quite familiar with the process who know what and how to do without precise instructions...but as for me... these fine details are slim...not fully, precisely/carefully explained. Therefore...im still lost,...trapped in Alice's-Rabbit-Hole in "Wunder-World".

At 'the-get-go',..i'm given this instruction...
"Copy the complete "_1939 B.E. – Grand Strategy " folder and the "1939 B.E.-Grand-Strategy.cgn" file into the "Campaigns" directory of the AoC or AoD installation".

???Now...if this ..."This scenario is essentially based on the 1939 Storm Over Europe campaign"....then why am I being asked to
[/b]Install the files into the "Campaigns" directory of the AoC or AoD installation...which is a "PanzerCorps" Game?.'

So!...1st Question: If this 'INSTALL' is based on the "1939 Storm Over Europe campaign"...and judging from the pictures is see on the 'instruction-blurb'...the MAP looks like it is directly from the "STRATEGIC COMMAND wwii: War In Europe"game?. Yet the indications are that...'INSTEAD',...that I need to install these decompressed files into the "PanzerCorps" Game?. Was-Ist-Los?.

So!, so-far, the install is not 'Obvious'...'I am Kaput!'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some easy to follow instructions & explanations of what the 'Holy-Freaking-Lightening' is going on here for me...(a...Feeble Minded Slope-Headed Mental-Midget) would be much appreciated!.

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

While going off topic at this place here... I am confused, which part of these is not clear?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p754121

1. Download McGuba's zip file from the first post of this thread (link at the bottom)
2. Unzip his zip folder (e.g. on desktop)
3. Copy (i.e. duplicate) the entire current Panzer Corps folder (e.g. to find under C:\Program Files\Panzer Corps or similar)
4. Rename this folder copy (e.g. by adding BE to it so it is unique/identifiable)
5. Paste the entire downloaded and unzipped McGuba BE folder into this new "PzC BE" folder and have your PC replace all files (that it asks to replace but don't delete any other original files)
6. Create a shortcut link to the exe as described in the first post (i.e. by adding the nocache parameter to avoid a RAM crash)

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm
While going off topic at this place here... I am confused, which part of these is not clear?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p754121

1. Download McGuba's zip file from the first post of this thread (link at the bottom)
2. Unzip his zip folder (e.g. on desktop)
3. Copy (i.e. duplicate) the entire current Panzer Corps folder (e.g. to find under C:\Program Files\Panzer Corps or similar)
4. Rename this folder copy (e.g. by adding BE to it so it is unique/identifiable)
5. Paste the entire downloaded and unzipped McGuba BE folder into this new "PzC BE" folder and have your PC replace all files (that it asks to replace but don't delete any other original files)
6. Create a shortcut link to the exe as described in the first post (i.e. by adding the nocache parameter to avoid a RAM crash)
-------------------------------------------------
You've included a few more 'Kernels' of 'Input' that I haven't seen before, so...soon...I will give this herculean-effort another go-a-round!. But not now, I'm going to play my easy to understand game and temporarily stay away from the' Non Sequitur' Mind-Bending.

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:35 am

Re: _1939 B.E.-Grand Strategy_2.02 Game Install....For PanzerCorps

I just finally installed this 'Game-Monstrosity', including putting in the /nocache thingie'.

It started up just fine for the 1st round... 1939 Grand Campaign...no-issues, I just started it up and saved it immediately...so that I could dash over here to post "Success" at last, 'Better-Late-Than-Never'.

Now I will see how this game play's?. From what I gather, since I almost alway's like to play the losing side (Why???...To try to change history of course, why-else?)...that I'm going to get a 'Supreme Neuro-Paralyzing-Shock' to my personal esteem!. Well...So be it!.

I will let anyone interested to be informed about any anolomies that I find, if they're serious enough to mention.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone else is as frustrated and lost as i was, just ask me to assist you, "i've been there, done that", and i can fill in some of the details that are somewhat hazy, to pull the wool away from your eyes...so that you too can see 'The Blinding Light'!.
===============================================================================================
However, there is not yet a 'Blinding LIght' for me as far as the _1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy for_AoCv103....For the Strategic Command standard campaign:, 'Im Not Knowing What To Do?' as far as to making it work!,

The 'Only' Game in this 'Strategic Command' assemblage that I have that indicates/mentions 'AoC' is "Strategic Command Classic WWII - Global Conflict Gold". I proceeded to Insert the 2-Folders into 'SC2 WWII - Assault on Democracy";- finally being installed into 'Campaigns', I didn't do the procedure of making a Duplicate Copy of this Game, then adding BE to the newly copied Game Start Icon name, nor did I have a new start up Icon that was adjusted with "/nocache" attached to the New Game Start Icon, but...then there were No-Instructions indicating that any of that was necessary?.

So to make a long story short, 'How Do I Fix This'?.

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 am

Congrats, ...so yeah you may need to start PzC with the /nocache attribute as otherwise it may crash very quickly as PzC will load all the unit icons/animations into your RAM (in simple terms)… the /nocache startup icon won’t be created automatically…

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:24 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 am
Congrats, ...so yeah you may need to start PzC with the /nocache attribute as otherwise it may crash very quickly as PzC will load all the unit icons/animations into your RAM (in simple terms)… the /nocache startup icon won’t be created automatically…
In my previous post I stated that...I am unable to install (Explanation in Previous Post)...
1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy for_AoCv103....For the Strategic Command standard campaign:

I appreciate your patience and your willingness to help, so now I am asking again, if you are able to, to help me with installing 1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy...for the...Strategic Command standard campaign.

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:24 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 am
Congrats, ...so yeah you may need to start PzC with the /nocache attribute as otherwise it may crash very quickly as PzC will load all the unit icons/animations into your RAM (in simple terms)… the /nocache startup icon won’t be created automatically…
In my previous post I stated that...I am unable to install (Explanation in Previous Post)...
1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy for_AoCv103....For the Strategic Command standard campaign:

I appreciate your patience and your willingness to help, so now I am asking again, if you are able to, to help me with installing 1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy...for the...Strategic Command standard campaign.
I would be happy to help but I have to admit I don't understand your question, i.e. I don't know what "AoC" nor what "Strategic Command standard campaign" means? Does anyone else know?

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:38 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm
Retributarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:24 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 am
Congrats, ...so yeah you may need to start PzC with the /nocache attribute as otherwise it may crash very quickly as PzC will load all the unit icons/animations into your RAM (in simple terms)… the /nocache startup icon won’t be created automatically…
In my previous post I stated that...I am unable to install (Explanation in Previous Post)...
1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy for_AoCv103....For the Strategic Command standard campaign:

I appreciate your patience and your willingness to help, so now I am asking again, if you are able to, to help me with installing 1939 Battlefield Europe - Grand Strategy...for the...Strategic Command standard campaign.
I would be happy to help but I have to admit I don't understand your question, i.e. I don't know what "AoC" nor what "Strategic Command standard campaign" means? Does anyone else know?
"ABSOLUTE!"...I Know.
AoC or AoD are in the Game... "Strategic Command Classic WWII - Global Conflict Gold" , not in either PanzerCorps or Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe. Might also be in some of the earlier versions of this Series...cant remember?.

Strategic Command Classic WWII - Global Conflict Gold (Game Title)
SC2 WWII - Assault on Communism AoC
SC2 WWII - Assault on Democracy AoD

These are the given install instructions:
Copy the complete "_1939 B.E. – Grand Strategy " folder and the "1939 B.E.-Grand-Strategy.cgn" file into the "Campaigns" directory of the or AoD installation. (Both works but possibly a re-save in the WWII Assault on Democracy Editor is required!)

I followed the given 'Install-Instructions' as outlined in my earlier posting, but...I cannot get the installation to work?. That's my Quandery!.


Link to Website Instructions:
https://battlefieldeuropeproject.webnode.com/

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Now I understand... we are talking about two different things, I was talking about this PzC mod by McGuba, it is (also) called Battlefield Europe: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=47985

The one you mentioned in your link above (as well as in your previous posts) is unknown to me (and most likely will remain unknown to me)...

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by Retributarr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:46 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Now I understand... we are talking about two different things, I was talking about this PzC mod by McGuba, it is (also) called Battlefield Europe: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=47985

The one you mentioned in your link above (as well as in your previous posts) is unknown to me (and most likely will remain unknown to me)...
Ok!...so you are not familiar with the Game that I was talking about. However...is there any possibility that you could look at that WebSite and give me whatever evaluation on the Installation Instructions and from looking at my previous post perhap's...see where I went awry?.

I'm asking much,...but...'Nothing Ventured equals Nothing Gained'.

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:46 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Now I understand... we are talking about two different things, I was talking about this PzC mod by McGuba, it is (also) called Battlefield Europe: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=47985

The one you mentioned in your link above (as well as in your previous posts) is unknown to me (and most likely will remain unknown to me)...
Ok!...so you are not familiar with the Game that I was talking about. However...is there any possibility that you could look at that WebSite and give me whatever evaluation on the Installation Instructions and from looking at my previous post perhap's...see where I went awry?.

I'm asking much,...but...'Nothing Ventured equals Nothing Gained'.
I tried this already, I am sorry... I have no idea... I was talking about a mod for PzC and nothing else... :mrgreen:

enpi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by enpi » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:42 pm

I only have 2 wishes for PC2

-Please construct the game so, that mr. McGuba can design his mega super Battle for Europe scenario. Alternatively I would also accept if you offer your own giant Europe WW2 scenario. :)

-Please change the strength display of the units. (or let the user choose from a different variants) Currently they look more like a kind of oversized bargain price tag.What was wrong with the strength display of PC1? It was simple and elegant, not oversized and therefore didnt detract from the unit icon)

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”