Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

voody
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by voody » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:49 am

terje439 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:03 pm
Having watched a few streams and YT vids, it seems to me that AA and arty are extremely anemic. Is this something the testers have talked about and has it been looked at?
I can see how artillery might appear lackluster but since suppression is now a much more pronounced aspect of the game it is still very important. It merely works on a different level than before. The fact that it does not cause a lot of kills is equalized by the fact that it minimizes the losses your own troops would take if they had to attack into fortified and entrenched defenses all the time, which will save you a lot of prestige in the long run. And from what I have seen prestige is not as easily accumulated anymore. Especially on Field Marshal.

The only thing about artillery I would like to see changed is that every type (or at least most) can provide support fire against soft and hard targets but with varying effectiveness. Right now there is only one type that does that (at least up until Kharkov '42) and it is a little dull if you want that kind of versatiliy and there are no alternatives to choose from. But even if they choose to keep it as it is I honestly feel the balance between unit types and the whole combined arms system was improved a lot.

PanzerCro
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by PanzerCro » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:43 pm

In tactical advisor video I saw there is force march ability. Will it have some "punishment" like in strategic command where moral drops ?!

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by dalfrede » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:27 pm

PanzerCro wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:43 pm
In tactical advisor video I saw there is force march ability. Will it have some "punishment" like in strategic command where moral drops ?!
No, but one must wait three turns to repeat a forced march.
Note only 'light' infantry has forced march trait.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

PanzerCro

Post by PanzerCro » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:16 pm

Do naval vehicles have their original names , like Bismarck, King George, etc, or random "names" like in PC 1 ?

Matyna
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Matyna » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:15 am

PanzerCro wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:16 pm
Do naval vehicles have their original names , like Bismarck, King George, etc, or random "names" like in PC 1 ?
Well, there is ship classes for Major nations, like Sharnhorst class, Admiral Hipper class, Ranger Class etc. But there is also generic "Light Cruiser", "Heavy Cruiser" ships.

Retributarr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Retributarr » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Easier Instant Identification of... "Core-Units":

I'm currently in this effort to take out 'Mocau/Moscow'... with my "Core" as well as a complement of "Auxiliary" units. The problem arises when I need to allocate 'Reinforcements'... ??? I cannot easily tell 'which/who' are my Core units or my Auxiliary units for replacement purposes.

I propose that... that by incorporating a 'colored piping' identifier on the unit chevron's outer ring-lace... to have a specific color of 'Piping' for 'Core' and a different specific color of piping for 'Auxiliary units_ to be displayed where the "Chevrons Unit Details" can be accessed... which is always 'indicated/located' at the bottom lower left of the screen... could be used to greatly mitigate this situation!.

Now!...For 'Additional Agitations':

Maybe I'm not seeing or properly understanding the 'Next-Unit' cycling sequence effort as it should be?. Anyway!... what I am experiencing (right or wrong)... is that when I am cycling through my units... then finally reach one that requires instructions... i'll do the instructions... then click the 'Next-Unit' indicator.

This is what should happen next... is that I should then be directed/forwarded to the 'Next-Unit' on the roster list!. However... that is not is what is taking place???.Why???. What I am rather experiencing instead is that I am now 'reverting/going back' to the very first unit that the cycling effort began or started with!!!???. Why???...now I have to again cycle through 15 to 20 units that I have already cycled through... to finally access a new unit entity that I as yet have not been able to access.

Not only that!... but also from time to time... certain units... like for example... 'Air-Units' are completely bypassed or missed/forgotten in this process... even though I have already cycled through the bulk of my entourage' several times before!. Why is that???.

Cannot a 'Fix' for this be prepared, where... if necessary I could select just exactly how I would wish to access my units?. As well some-kind of "Fail-Safe" mechanism to prevent the bypassing of units in the cycling process?/

pewp3w

Post by pewp3w » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:15 am

Retributarr wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm
Easier Instant Identification of... "Core-Units":

I'm currently in this effort to take out 'Mocau/Moscow'... with my "Core" as well as a complement of "Auxiliary" units. The problem arises when I need to allocate 'Reinforcements'... ??? I cannot easily tell 'which/who' are my Core units or my Auxiliary units for replacement purposes.

I propose that... that by incorporating a 'colored piping' identifier on the unit chevron's outer ring-lace... to have a specific color of 'Piping' for 'Core' and a different specific color of piping for 'Auxiliary units_ to be displayed where the "Chevrons Unit Details" can be accessed... which is always 'indicated/located' at the bottom lower left of the screen... could be used to greatly mitigate this situation!.
Units that are core units have a golden chevron right above their strength number, auxiliaries don't

Now!...For 'Additional Agitations':

Maybe I'm not seeing or properly understanding the 'Next-Unit' cycling sequence effort as it should be?. Anyway!... what I am experiencing (right or wrong)... is that when I am cycling through my units... then finally reach one that requires instructions... i'll do the instructions... then click the 'Next-Unit' indicator.

This is what should happen next... is that I should then be directed/forwarded to the 'Next-Unit' on the roster list!. However... that is not is what is taking place???.Why???. What I am rather experiencing instead is that I am now 'reverting/going back' to the very first unit that the cycling effort began or started with!!!???. Why???...now I have to again cycle through 15 to 20 units that I have already cycled through... to finally access a new unit entity that I as yet have not been able to access.

Not only that!... but also from time to time... certain units... like for example... 'Air-Units' are completely bypassed or missed/forgotten in this process... even though I have already cycled through the bulk of my entourage' several times before!. Why is that???.

Cannot a 'Fix' for this be prepared, where... if necessary I could select just exactly how I would wish to access my units?. As well some-kind of "Fail-Safe" mechanism to prevent the bypassing of units in the cycling process?/
[/quote]

Although I understand that problem and would like that changed as well, you can press "z" to send a unit to sleep for a turn, so it won't pop up again in that turn when you press next unit.

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:43 am

[quote=pewp3w post_id=843257 time=1586589327 user_id=59929]

Units that are core units have a golden chevron right above their strength number, auxiliaries don't
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes!... I already am aware of that, that's not the issue I was discussing. I'm talking about having a "Quick-Easy to see Reference" to immediately know if what you are looking at or accessing is a 'Core-Unit' or not.

Yes!... "units have a golden chevron right above their strength number", But First... you have to access the Chevron in the lower left area of the gaming screen, to then get inside the information display to see if it is a Core-Unit or not.

In the method I proposed... all you need to do is to look at the bottom left hand side of the screen when a unit has just first been accessed by clicking on it... to immediately/instantly be able to tell if what you have is a Core Unit or not... without having to go through the extra-needless trouble of first accessing the Chevron to get inside the information display to find that out.

SineMora
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SineMora » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:38 pm

But you already have that.

Even zoomed out you can tell at a glance that the northern ground forces are all auxiliaries because they lack chevrons.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Liberator / Trophies / Heroes)

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:12 pm

SineMora wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:38 pm
But you already have that.

Even zoomed out you can tell at a glance that the northern ground forces are all auxiliaries because they lack chevrons.
```Your correct!, funny that I have failed to notice that before?. Anyway?... obviously I couldn't have found it blatantly easy to see that discrepency... otherwise I wouldn't have had an issue with it. I would still prefer to have more reinforcement of authentication/verification of unit core status... just as I stated in my previous post.

ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:12 pm
I couldn't have found it blatantly easy to see that discrepency... otherwise I wouldn't have had an issue with it
Same. There should be an option to give back the easy informative 2D counters from old games, instead of being very small to let area for the nice but useless 3D show.

KesaAnna
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by KesaAnna » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 am

Surprisingly , about ten pages ago , a guy suggested an Italian campaign.

I would like to see an Italian campaign too.

Barring that , a player who chooses to go the North Africa route in the German campaign should be able to buy Italian equipment the same as German equipment.

Historically , at least as I hear it , the Germans made liberal use of Italian equipment.

Apologies if you can already do this. So far I have only played as far as Norway.

I suppose after 1943 almost all Italian equipment is simply out - classed.

But before 1944 ? I would willingly suffer under the handicap , because I love Italian equipment so much !

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”