Mac

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

glemmi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Mac

Post by glemmi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Will Panzer Corps 2 be ported to Mac?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Mac

Post by Rudankort » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:20 am

In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.

verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by verstaubtgesicht » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Rudankort wrote:In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
It wold be critical for Mac users like me. For PzC, I had to keep an old PC dedicated pretty much just to the game. However, it might be taxing and would yield an inferior product. I have tried paying OOB on Mac, and it has been a harrowing experience - crashes, frozen screens, screwed up graphics, etc., so I've pretty much abandoned it. At least the trials were free of charge. If you are going to make PzC 2 for Mac, it should be done right.

dalfrede
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dalfrede » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Have you considered using a Wine wrapper to port PzC 2 to the Mac and Linux.
My wineskin port works better than the Mac Beta does :D .
And it only took a week to get the display options right.

verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by verstaubtgesicht » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:48 am

dalfrede wrote:Have you considered using a Wine wrapper to port PzC 2 to the Mac and Linux.
My wineskin port works better than the Mac Beta does :D .
And it only took a week to get the display options right.
Thanks for the info, never heard of this before. Unfortunately, checked it, and it doesn't work for OS 10.12 Sierra, but hopefully they will release soon.

dalfrede

Post by dalfrede » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

I used:
wineskin 2.6.2
OSx 10.12.4

Created on Mac Pro [late 2013},
Run on Mac Air 13.3"

Warhangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Warhangel » Tue May 23, 2017 2:12 pm

verstaubtgesicht wrote:
Rudankort wrote:In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
It wold be critical for Mac users like me. For PzC, I had to keep an old PC dedicated pretty much just to the game. However, it might be taxing and would yield an inferior product. I have tried paying OOB on Mac, and it has been a harrowing experience - crashes, frozen screens, screwed up graphics, etc., so I've pretty much abandoned it. At least the trials were free of charge. If you are going to make PzC 2 for Mac, it should be done right.
+1 :)
In dedicato Imperatum ultra articulo mortis...

mbpopolano24
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mbpopolano24 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:30 am

Please add Mac support....

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 am

verstaubtgesicht wrote:
It’s now Sept. and I have been running OOB on a Mini-Mac for the past few weeks, daily for at least a few hours per day (nice to be retired) and have not had any problems and not a single crash. Try it again. I am enjoying the game.

Zeotix
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Zeotix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if the game works on the Mac with VirtualBox?

Zeotix

Post by Zeotix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Doesn't anyone know if the game is running stable on the Mac in the Virtual Box? The question is still up to date and therefore the push from the thread.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”