Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Retributarr »

Akkula wrote:
Fast00000000000 wrote: You should check the Scenario Design section, there you have 4 mods containing what you asking, covering different sides and with MORE material than the original game.
Regarding the Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.9 ): MOD, I am having difficulty especially with the 'jsgme_setup' process as it is in my opinion, very poorly explaned!. The instructions are to me 'DisJointed' and seemingly very 'Illogical'. Could you please lay-out in your own words as to how to install your Game step by step, I would greatly appreciate it!.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hello Retributar,
I have no much to add apart from the instructions in the Readme file.

1- Create the MODS folder inside your Panzer Corps game folder.
2- Install JSGME
3- Set the MODS folder in JSGME.
4- Unrar Soviet Storm inside the MODS folder
5- Activate the mod through JSGME
6- Run the game.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
SebiSerby
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SebiSerby »

I m very excited about panzer corps 2. I'm a big fan of panzer corps. I really enjoyed the "what if" scenarios, especially the invasion of America by the germans. If you could include more of these scenarios it would be awesome. Also I love the idea of SE units. Maybe you can joggle around that idea. I mean , in the hard scenarios , maybe you need a strong unit that can make a difference , that can punch through , where normal units can't. Some customisation would be nice for Se units. And heroes. We can work around that,too. Not only + 1',2,3 attack , defence initiative or movement but something specific for each class of units. Like artillery +supression or accuracy. Anyway, if you like my ideas so far, I can come up with more. :D
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Please do! I like the unit type-specific heroes idea.
Rag116
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rag116 »

How about before a unit is eligible for an up-grades it has to earn it by killing 100 pts.in battle per up-grade. For example Infantry start with no trucks, earn transport truck when it reaches 100, kill points, halftracks at 200 points and the up-graded halftracks at 600 pts. Bridge engineers, engineers, Heavy machine gun units start with trucks due to their equipment they need but need 200 kills before eligible for the halftrack up-grade. I do this for my campaigns.
Torgrimmer

Post by Torgrimmer »

Could we see some piece of the Pacific theater, :wink:
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

I had an idea introducing a kind of OOB. Your 'slots' to fill with units are divisions now. Each slot can hold - depending on year and nation 2, 3 or more battalions - this is what your units are. Each division has a commanding officer who will boost (or nerf!) the units under his command. Like slot 1 is 1st division commanded by for example by Gen v. Stülpnagel and when the units undr his command gain XP, so will he and unlock perks like (+1 fuel/ammo) for all units under his command or +1 Movement. Historical figures being inept could nerf their troops like -1 attack or something like that. You might get a fixed kind of division like Infantry division which basically only will hold units of the type INF, AA, ART and AT while none of those must be self propelled. Use prestige to upgrade a division to e.g. a panzergrenadier regiment allowing SDKfz transports for the INF and having self propelled howitzers and stuff. Time moving on the number of battalions allowed per division might rise. Italy e.g. had binary divisions if I am correct. So basically, you get less slots but each opens up for more than one unit and offers benefits for all. Maybe introduce divisional HQ as unit granting boni when in vicinity of divisional units and penalize them when said HQ is destroyed like auto supression of 1 or 2 units or disability to refill full if not in vicinity of HQ. Maybe upgradeable with e.g. military police adding to refill range, signals company for improving bonus range, AA-company for defense against air attacks and so on. Attach units temporarily under command to divisions. Create your own army :)
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Please, please, please give units action points to expend moving, shooting, entrenching, etc.
Each unit would have a limit (say, up to 6) for each action: move or shoot, based on their
equipment, e.g., heavy tanks move 3; light tankettes move 6; heavy guns (>75mm) shoot 3;
MGs shoot 6; etc. common tasks/actions: entrench, supply/repair, etc. up to 6.
Also, when shooting, if the phasing unit has an effect on the non phasing unit (kill or suppress)
the non phasing player looses an action point FOR EACH EFFECT when it becomes the phasing player. Also, when the non phasing player's defending attack has an effect on the phasing unit,
an action point is lost by the attacker during that phase; i.e., points attacking are expended 1 at a time by both the attacker and defender. Non phasing units may be required to "borrow" action points from their next phasing turn if they have not kept sufficient points in reserve. Units are only allocated their points at the beginning of their phasing turn.
NOTE: The above interactions in a IGUGO game reinforce establishing and maintaining the concept of INITIATIVE.
KarlXII
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarlXII »

Personally my single most important wish for PG2 is a much better and dynamical A.I.

1. I want an A.I that is active on the whole map at once. Who can gather and withdraw troops to different areas where needed. I don´t like the system where the computer have
different areas that are activated separately and fight and defend separately and you just have to pick them one at a time.

2. I would like to see much larger maps. Or why not just open up the borders after a scenario to unlock the next one and you have your troops in the same disposition as you left them ?

3. I would like that cities are more valuable. Either by including different types of rewards (unit bonus, prestige every turn etc) or if they give production points

4. It would be nice to see some sort of supply system implemented but not like in Order of Battle which doesn´t take into account rivers and impassable terrain and where units are so slow moving that large encirclements are not working because there are too many supply outputs.

5. Reinforcements during a scenario would be nice to see from both sides. Firendly Auxiliary units could even be under allied A.I control.

6. Also it would be nice in a campaign to include more things happening between scenarios than just transfer the core units. Perhaps special traits/skill trees like in Order of Battle. Different research priorites between unit types so you could get certain units faster or slower than historically.

AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

PLEASE!!! If you are going to use a random "die roll/number generator" make sure it is truly random/unbiased!!! I had a situation where a 10 strength
Tiger Mk VI attacked a 4 strength BA-20. the BA-20 scored 4 kills with random numbers of 100, 100, 99, and 99- in that order! Luckily, I found the
"chess" results option so please keep it if your programmers can't find a good RNG algorithm.
DesertSloth

Post by DesertSloth »

In addition to some changes to the prestige and purchasing system I outlined in the "How to deal with exponential player growth? (soft cap, etc)" thread, I'd love to see:

1.) More versatility in air units. Maybe dedicated recon units that act similar to ground recon, or a recon "mode" for aircraft, with multiple move and expanded sight range options at the cost of attack power and/or initiative. This is esecially important in the context of naval engagements.

2.) Replace Arty/AA units with Arty and AA "attachments" for all units. Arty and AA almost never formed in division sized units. Same with engineers and AT.
danmcl82
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by danmcl82 »

Since there are a lot of us that like to mod and create our own maps. It would be awesome to be able to build naval units. Even if this is not enabled for the normal game. It would be nice to have the option to turn it on in the editor. This would make mods like the 1941 scenario much more interesting.

Also, allow us to purchase SS infantry and equipment. It would be similar to the Soviet Guards units. Also, if we could have those units have black uniforms to help the enemy player recognize them on the map in multiplayer.
WonkyWay

Post by WonkyWay »

I sincerely hope that the 'single' game player mode will NOT be forgotten, as we don't all like muti player mode..in actual fact I hate it, and will NOT buy any game that only has that mode..

With the modern A1 that is now available, the old A1 style has long gone, and you can have very realistic game play, with great enjoyment, and success over the battlefield, or defeat..no battles are ever the same..

I look forward to many, exciting 'single' missions, or campaigns ahead..

I also hope, that the British army gets a fair crack of the whip, as to many games just feature USA, Germany, USSR, with perhaps an odd game with the Brits.. I think those 4 countries were the main army's fighting during WW2...I am NOT, forgetting Italy, France, or Japan, and any other country, but my choice of the 4 I picked out, really covered the MAIN countries involved throughout the war, for the Europe/Africa/Med areas..... if you go to the far East, well what about Hong Kong, Singapore, Burma etc..British army had some big battles there you know, it was not all Midway etc.. I don't think I have EVER, found any game that had any of those that I have mentioned.. sad, and not really showing any respect for the men that fought, and died in those areas.
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

Have a sensible and logical menu interface with corresponding sub-sections. The present Panzer Corps one is terrible.
zjorz

Post by zjorz »

Suggestion
Equipment upgrades based on chassis instead of a unit class. For example: Panzer II can be upgraded to later versions, Marder II or Wespe. This way early game vehicles can still be worth investing in.

The panzer corps system makes no sense at all. Anything can upgrade to anything
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

zjorz wrote:Suggestion
Equipment upgrades based on chassis instead of a unit class. For example: Panzer II can be upgraded to later versions, Marder II or Wespe. This way early game vehicles can still be worth investing in.

The panzer corps system makes no sense at all. Anything can upgrade to anything
Thumbs up for this idea! I would really support it.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Rudankort wrote:Hello All!

We have created an experimental page for Panzer Corps 2 where players can post ideas of what to include in the new game, discuss them and vote for them. The more votes an idea gets, the higher its chance to be implemented in the game.

http://flashback.games/panzer-corps-2-ideas/

Let us know if you experience any problems with this page.
I'm not sure if my comments went in correctly, so for good measure here they are again..:)
1- In PC2 please keep the large hex and text sizes same as in PC1, because I get a headache trying to see the smaller sizes used by some other games which make them unplayable.
2- In PC1, friendly and enemy units uniforms look a bit dull and it's not always easy to see who's who at first glance, especially in dense melee situations, so I'd like to see them jazzed up a bit in PC2 to make their greys, greens and browns etc a bit brighter for PC2.
3- In PC1 it's often difficult to see who's shooting at who, so I'd like to see some kind of indicator line or gun flashes linking the PC2 shooters.
4- I'd be happy to join the PC2 development team if you like, I'm retired and can put in at least 10 hours a day playtesting etc.
Google PoorOldSpike to see my tutorials and articles and stuff all over the internet for many games over the years, and I'm also a Matrix Press Reviewer and Mission4Today forum moderator, I've got my sh*t wired tight..:)
Send replies, comments and death threats etc to pooroldspike (at) aol (dotcom)

PS- a couple of things in PC1 that I definitely wouldn't like to see in PC2 is firstly the way AA guns and AA vehs can be moved into range to engage enemy aircraft, because that's totally unrealistic. In real life, planes came and went in the blink of an eye, so AA had no time to be moved into attacking range.
Secondly on the same theme I also don't like the way AT guns can be pushed to engage tanks, because that's unrealistic too, they weren't offensive weapons like that, (although it's fine for AT-vehs to do it).
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

Regarding the AA-guns I had an idea. When not moved they can enter a 'sentry' mode projecting a ZOC for air units. Air units flying through or attacking sth. down there will get automatically attacked for each hex flown through and attack made. Attack strength might depend on gun calibre, range from gun, weather or being suppressed. For example: a Flak-Vierling might only protect units directly around itself but will do it more than once per turn (making it a bit more versatile and a good alternative to a fighter) - it is basically a direct-fire autocannon of 2cm. An 88mm Flak would be more like an artillery unit projecting shrapnell shells into a larger area and the lethality would not count on direct hits but shredding the planes flying through the barrages. Higher range than the 2cm maybe ZOE of 3 hexes with a bit less punch per attack. Also capable of "ambushing" planes by attacking them continously as they fly through the ZOC. Maybe also deploying an AA into a town might neutralize the strategic bomber's ability to neutralize hex. Upholding the air control mode will cost ammo and they will most likely not have too much of it. Btw. why not add ammunition carriers for resupplying units if we are at it? True, you will have a very vulnerable unit to micromanage but will safe other units the most precious resouce: time. Last: Set movement paths for units. I want to be in control, what way and path a unit goes.
mopezio

Post by mopezio »

Here's an idea. How about a MAC version too?
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

I would also like to see the Pacific Theater in this one, I waited and waited for it to be released in the original Panzer Corps, I could never get that on IJA mod to work, it would put the play game over the top of my DLC and whenever I tried to open it it would just open my Grand Campaign and Sea Lion files instead. I have Order of Battle Pacific (I guess it has been renamed since I bought it years ago) but I just do not like that style compared to PzC.

Thanks
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”