Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Rifraff »

Can we have a few more deployment hexes? Not all the time but enough to notice. I find myself running out of slots. I very rarely over-strength and panzer and infantry general is what I usually pick. Totally fine with airfields because it is a hard decision to take one less fighter or tac.. I do love my much maligned towed anti-tank though in the way that I play.. Two to four more deployment hexes?

I actually ran out of deployment hexes for the multiplayer event too.. Beware of the conscripts... They are coming
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"A great Multitude of Emplacement-Slots... to say, for what?... to perhaps accommodate a large number/horde of expendable cheap/disposable 'Banzai-Style' troops?". This could actually be effective!... as they would in effect be super-strength-super devastating suicide soldiers!. For example... in that they could also have strapped onto their bodies... 'Tank-Killer-Explosives'... others could be outfitted with likewise other similar devastating 'Accoutrements'.

Just a thought???.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

I have such a question is there a mod that adds a historical swastika to the Germans and Japanese ? Is this children's flag too funny for a serious game ?

Something similar like here !
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7j8jaa02u ... i.zip/file
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=30687&p=286970&hi ... od#p286970
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Not all vehicles made use of the Hakenkreuz.

Planes did, and some ships as well, so you could in theory make a case for them, but tanks and half-tracks didn't. They used the Balkenkreuz, as seen in the game. Also, transports didn't use the symbol either. They either had no symbol, or occasionally the markings of the unit they belonged to (e.g. DAK, or a division).

In general, you never know if such a thing is worth the hassle. You don't want to get bad press, and you most definately don't want to see the game banned in Germany, as it is quite an important market. While interpretations of German law have relaxed quite a bit, I'm not sure if a game in which you play as the Wehrmacht is one that would get all that much good-will from those who set the age-limit for games.
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

It would be great if the developers had a preliminary topic where they communicate the workflow and contents of the next update / patch.

Then the players could adjust to the changes, especially if they work on their own mods and of course look forward and be excited to further game improvements.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

asuser wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:20 am It would be great if the developers had a preliminary topic where they communicate the workflow and contents of the next update / patch.

Then the players could adjust to the changes, especially if they work on their own mods and of course look forward and be excited to further game improvements.
Hmmm!... I gather that you would like or prefer to be informed with the latest current Game developments... or in other words... to have more 'Game-Development-Input' from those who are involved, to not be treated like a 'Mushroom'... where as or like... 'Mushrooms'... that are shoveled 'Animal-Dung'... and 'Kept In The Dark!'.
asuser

Post by asuser »

What is meant here is that many people give input from "Ideas for PC2" and "Bugs Report" and nobody knows exactly what will be implemented from these ideas and messages in the next patch.

New ideas, hero traits for ships:

-SilentMove (Subs are nearly undetected)
-SubKiller (Destroyer detects easily subs)
-ZigZag (Destroyer with convoy have better defence values against subs)
-BeachMaster (Landing ships are not so vulnerable on landing operations)
-FlakDevil (Ships within a convoy have better defence values against bomber)
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

asuser wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:47 am What is meant here is that many people give input from "Ideas for PC2" and "Bugs Report" and nobody knows exactly what will be implemented from these ideas and messages in the next patch.

New ideas, hero traits for ships:

-SilentMove (Subs are nearly undetected)
-SubKiller (Destroyer detects easily subs)
-ZigZag (Destroyer with convoy have better defence values against subs)
-BeachMaster (Landing ships are not so vulnerable on landing operations)
-FlakDevil (Ships within a convoy have better defence values against bomber)
You are definitely asking some "very-important"... "very-relevant-game-questions" here!. Yes!... I agree with you that there should be some "courtesy feed-back" from the 'Game-Designers'... to bring to those involved in submitting these substantially great ideas... if and what they are going to do with these concepts.

If this is a sampling of the ideas that are being brought-forward for consideration, the 'Game-Designers' should be grateful enough... obligated enough... to reciprocate by showing due-consideration... by giving meaningful "up to date evaluations" of these submitted matters.
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

uzbek2012 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am I have such a question is there a mod that adds a historical swastika to the Germans and Japanese ? Is this children's flag too funny for a serious game ?

In some countries you get into trouble with the law when you offer a game with swastika, or in this case with the Hakenkreuz of the Nazi-germany,...some take that still serious and would give you some problems ...in germany you can get into trouble with the law!

The swastika got used in the fin of the planes,....but the wehrmacht was using the Balkenkreuz, so you want it historical correct, stay with the balkenkreuz!!!!
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

El23Lobo wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 pm
uzbek2012 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am I have such a question is there a mod that adds a historical swastika to the Germans and Japanese ? Is this children's flag too funny for a serious game ?

In some countries you get into trouble with the law when you offer a game with swastika, or in this case with the Hakenkreuz of the Nazi-germany,...some take that still serious and would give you some problems ...in germany you can get into trouble with the law!

The swastika got used in the fin of the planes,....but the wehrmacht was using the Balkenkreuz, so you want it historical correct, stay with the balkenkreuz!!!!

What problems can there be with the home mod !? How many players are currently in prison using the historical mod at home playing the first panzer corps on the computer ? )) But this is serious when someone invades your personal privacy ?
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:56 pm

What problems can there be with the home mod !? How many players are currently in prison using the historical mod at home playing the first panzer corps on the computer ? )) But this is serious when someone invades your personal privacy ?
Who said anything about a home mod?
This is the "Ideas of Panzer Corps 2" topic. You posting this idea in here seemed like you see it as a suggestion to be implemented in the official game. A company can run into legal issues in some markets if their games include symbols that are forbidden outside of a very specific use. And even if it goes through, it may still create some negative publicity if you are unlucky. That's not really something a company will be interested in, especially when the change wouldn't add much of value to the game (ignoring for a moment that the Hakenkreuz wasn't even used in such a way on vehicles).

That doesn't have anything to do with people installing a mod. No one would really get into trouble for that.

edit: now that I read it again, you specifically asked for whether there was a mod that did this. Did not catch that the first time, sorry about that. Might still be a better question for another topic though, as it might get lost in here. And as mentioned before, it wouldn't really be historic anyway ;)
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:46 am
uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Who said anything about a home mod?
This is the "Ideas of Panzer Corps 2" topic. You posting this idea in here seemed like you see it as a suggestion to be implemented in the official game. A company can run into legal issues in some markets if their games include symbols that are forbidden outside of a very specific use. And even if it goes through, it may still create some negative publicity if you are unlucky. That's not really something a company will be interested in, especially when the change wouldn't add much of value to the game (ignoring for a moment that the Hakenkreuz wasn't even used in such a way on vehicles).

That doesn't have anything to do with people installing a mod. No one would really get into trouble for that.

edit: now that I read it again, you specifically asked for whether there was a mod that did this. Did not catch that the first time, sorry about that. Might still be a better question for another topic though, as it might get lost in here. And as mentioned before, it wouldn't really be historic anyway ;)
Man you calm down first wipe your drool ) And now that you have calmed down, read again carefully what is written ! Not if you're a freelance lawyer here then you're good ) And how was something else used on the Nazi flag ?
https://wwii.space/%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B4%D ... %B5%D0%BD/

Apparently the Finns drew something else on their planes )))
https://en.topwar.ru/172760-god-2020-v- ... utiki.html

P. s. It was enough to answer no swastika mod for the second tank corps no but maybe someone from the fans will do as it was in the first part and officially will not be as we are afraid of the corresponding plot ) Oh sorry I also took what I liked out of your full context, for the future less anger more smiles ;)
https://sarmata.livejournal.com/95073.html
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Not sure were you read any anger into it. I gave you an explanation as for why markings weren't used, and then, due to this being the topic for Ideas to Panzer Corps 2, I gave a reason as why why such an idea might have issues being implemented into the actual game. That's all. Then I re-read your post and realized that you were asking for a mod of that kind, not that this would be added to the game, so I apologized for having misread your post.

As for what the markings were historically:
- tanks and armored cars used the Balkenkreuz, first in white (during Poland) and then with a black inset
- transports didn't use any insignia of that type, though you could find unit markings (division, Afrikakorps, etc.) at times
- planes used the Balkenkreuz on the hull and on the wings, with a small swastika on the vertical stabilizer at the rear
- not entirely sure about ships, the Bismarck had at some point large swastikas at the front and rear, so airplanes could recognize it, but that didn't seem to be used at all times or on all ships
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:32 pm Not sure were you read any anger into it. I gave you an explanation as for why markings weren't used, and then, due to this being the topic for Ideas to Panzer Corps 2, I gave a reason as why why such an idea might have issues being implemented into the actual game. That's all. Then I re-read your post and realized that you were asking for a mod of that kind, not that this would be added to the game, so I apologized for having misread your post.

As for what the markings were historically:
- tanks and armored cars used the Balkenkreuz, first in white (during Poland) and then with a black inset
- transports didn't use any insignia of that type, though you could find unit markings (division, Afrikakorps, etc.) at times
- planes used the Balkenkreuz on the hull and on the wings, with a small swastika on the vertical stabilizer at the rear
- not entirely sure about ships, the Bismarck had at some point large swastikas at the front and rear, so airplanes could recognize it, but that didn't seem to be used at all times or on all ships
All I understand you, I see I did not quite correctly write my question and wish ! I'm not talking about crosses on tanks or planes ( although the Finns used them ),
http://beutepanzer.ru/
but about the options of the game and when capturing the city - that would raise the Shvetsar towel, and there was a flag with a swastika !

Although the planes still had swastikas on them )
http://wgwowp.blogspot.com/2013/11/blog ... qwxpasko0k

and on the tanks hung a cloth with a swastika so that their own pilots would recognize them before attacking )

Damn Online translator ) And I keep thinking that everyone writes to me that there were crosses on the tanks and not a swastika ))) I know that ! I don't mean exactly options and capturing cities with the flag raised )

I hope you now understand what I'm writing ? )

asuser

Post by asuser »

It would also be interesting to introduce parts for units from the Italy - Abyssinia War 1935. A small campaign on this would also be nice.

In this context, new units would be needed:

- Italy Inf with tropical sun helmets
- Eritrean Inf - Ascari
- Abyssinian infantry with typical white uniform - cape
- Italian bomber Caproni Ca 101
Panzerfater
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Online player rating

Post by Panzerfater »

:shock:
Last edited by Panzerfater on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asuser

Post by asuser »

For sea landing operations, it would be nice that in addition to the existing landing craft, freighters could also be used (new 3D model!), as they were used as large troop or cargo transports. These can later also be used in convoy missions on the Atlantic or Pacific.
cakrit
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by cakrit »

Personal opinions:
1. Airplanes are very weak, compared to artillery and anti-air. Air range nonsensical, JU only useful against tanks in the open, strategic Air less effective than artillery. I loved a decent Air force in panzer general, but with the anti-air trait, I find I can do much better just with 8.8s and artillery.
2. German tanks way too weak against hard targets. It wasn't until the end of the war that the allies could match them. Not worth going after enemy tanks just with tanks in this game, you need a lot of support.
3. Experience very costly and weak. I suggest forgetting about elite replacements and instead allow merging depleted units and averaging out their xp. Also possibly allowing transfer of some xp from one unit to another, to simulate how elite units would grab the best of the best. Gaining xp too hard (a couple of large battles are enough to get veterans in reality), it's effect is so small, it's not worth it.

To sum up, I felt the game forced me to play in a very specific way . Green army and every trait required to easily encircle, emphasize pioneres, artillery and 8.8s. You can play any way you like of course, but to your detriment. I would have liked more freedom, with a better balanced system.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

cakrit wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:33 pm Personal opinions:
1. Airplanes are very weak, compared to artillery and anti-air. Air range nonsensical, JU only useful against tanks in the open, strategic Air less effective than artillery. I loved a decent Air force in panzer general, but with the anti-air trait, I find I can do much better just with 8.8s and artillery.
2. German tanks way too weak against hard targets. It wasn't until the end of the war that the allies could match them. Not worth going after enemy tanks just with tanks in this game, you need a lot of support.
3. Experience very costly and weak. I suggest forgetting about elite replacements and instead allow merging depleted units and averaging out their xp. Also possibly allowing transfer of some xp from one unit to another, to simulate how elite units would grab the best of the best. Gaining xp too hard (a couple of large battles are enough to get veterans in reality), it's effect is so small, it's not worth it.

To sum up, I felt the game forced me to play in a very specific way . Green army and every trait required to easily encircle, emphasize pioneres, artillery and 8.8s. You can play any way you like of course, but to your detriment. I would have liked more freedom, with a better balanced system.
well i partaly agree with geramn tanks being to weak, early in the war they didnt have lots of hard attack until panzer iv f2 showed up, my concern is initiative it says it considers soft factors of the vehicle, and then t34 without radio worse optics and etc has better initiative then panzer IV f and panzer III
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Not sure if I'm first to come up with this idea, but what about making engineer (not sapper) units able to plant mines and build fortifications? That will give them a bit more use other than just being an alive bridge :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”