Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Real_MultiPlayer
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Real_MultiPlayer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Hey I got a great suggestion !!

We should add real muliplayer that works !!

Is easy to navigate

Is easy to communicate with other players in the game with out try rely on crappy 3rd party apps

Has at least as many options as the Campaign for the such things like allocating points to your commander.

Has random maps that dont put all the v-hex to one side of the map making it extremely unbalanced

Has an option to set the date so the poor Brits dont have to try fight King Tigers Jadtigers with such crappy anti tanks and not even a Centurion And german also has e-75 wtf?

Have a more realistic Unit size not all tanks where made in equal numbers.. Jad tigers and King tigers where extremely good but fair low numbers where made buying unlimited amounts wasnt possible

Have FFA random maps that can let more than 2 players into the game if its advertised as 8 player multiplayer?

Let players choose their country in a Random map FFA dont gen the map b4 the players have joined?? is this how its done it seems like it

If it is 1945 and One player is germany and the other is a weak country surely they could start with more prestige or earn more have more army slots to try and balance it? Controlled by the players..

Ok more than 1 thing but if i put 1 thing in each post It would probably be an insane amount of posts as it is i have constrained myself to about 1% of the suggestions I have..

pewp3w
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pewp3w » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:29 pm

We need a hotkey for switching. It used to be "w" in PC1, but now this does not work anymore. I would really like this.

Units with half-track transport need to be able to attack when in their half-tracks.

Cortilein
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cortilein » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Hey, folks. Just thought I might quickly throw in my first-impression ideas for PzC 2, with a focus on creating mods in the future and even more enjoyable unit details:

(1) Some units in the Units.csv description file seem to use the "full" or "long" name string descriptor in the purchase window, while others (properly) use their "short" name above their icon in the grid/list and the "long" description only appears in the details/stats part on the right side of the screen. I did not find an obvious way to change that for certain units, because their "code lines" look the same otherwise – so I guess this is hardcoded in some way within the 3D model assets themselves?

(2) It would be nice if insignia on certain unit models (aircraft, in particular) would be "two-tier" – in the sense that tail markings are NOT necessarily identical to wing markings. German planes come to mind... there are changeable insignias, but they ALL adjust to the same selected symbol, right?

(3) I would absolutely LOVE to see if towed AT/Arty/AA guns would actually BE towed visually by the transport they use while moving/when not dismounted (e.g. an artillery piece hooked up facing backwards behind its tractor). At least for me, this would add quite a lot in terms of attention to detail, and it would definitely be a very distinct (visual) feature that we were simply not possible see (or "mod into") the classic PzC 1.

(4) Like it has been done in the "Order of Battle" series, I would love to see if at least a limited number of "crucial" assets were "freed" from being hidden/hardcoded within the various asset file types of the Unity/Unreal engine. Modders would benefit immensely from this and hence the development of custom content (and – thus – purchase numbers of the game) would certainly get a kickstart from this talented and dedicated community. I do like the base game as it is now – and I do realize that some bugs present in the initial release will be patched, eventually. The real fun in the PzC series is moddability, though... at least for me – so I would very much like to see the game engine to be more easily accessible to modders.

(5) During campaign gameplay, I would very much like to see reminder popup windows at the start of the deployment phase which new units have become available inbetween battles (like those we had in PzC 1). As it is now, one can easily miss out on new equipment opportunities if you don't check the purchase screens before each and every battle.

(6) In the purchase screens by unit type, the game obviously sorts units in the order of availability date (?). It would be nice if there were other options to sort, so that towed artillery is not mixed up with self-propelled units and different versions of tanks/aircraft are listed next to each other. In PzC 1, the display order was determined by the entry position of units in the equipment file, so you could "force" the game to show the units in the order you liked. I would love to see that as an option.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone! Best wishes!

ADMIRAL3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ADMIRAL3 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:42 am

Hi, I am really fond with the old PzC and now with what I consider a masterpiece : OOBWW2. Having purchased FM edition of PzC2 last week and played just the main campaign I would like to submit some general impressions and suggestions.
1. The game is now in its initial stage and contains some weaknesses mainly in terms of "player motivation" (perhaps too easy , repetitive, historically inaccurate, poor naval play, too narrow battlefields, unskilled AI etc)
2. On the other hand it shows a great potential for modders and developers (campaigns, scenarios, other theaters, variety of primary and secondary goals etc)
3. The great successes of PzC and OOB were mainly based on the continuous and frequent upgrade to reach an outstanding level of perfection and a continuous and frequent modding (new DLC and new stimulating MODs).
4. The outstanding and hard work of game designers and other factories like Design Mod Project (for PzC) kept those two games higly attractive dynamic and evergreen.
5. I therefore would warmly recommend to follow the same path for PzC2 in order to keep the game alive and mature. Ty LBM

Owi
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Owi » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:19 am

STeam Workshop for sharing Maps, Mods, CAmos.

comradep
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by comradep » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16 am

I like the new airfield system, but I think there's room for improvement by implementing either the option for players to select the hex the air unit will move to (make "rebase" show valid destination hexes adjacent to and on a friendly airfield instead of the airfield) or to trace the movement range from the airfield itself.

Currently, if an air unit ends up on the "wrong" side of an air field, it effectively has 2 movement points less to move towards the enemy than a unit on the side facing the enemy.

Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi!

Some ideas for PC2:

1. Give the player the option to choose a hero (trait) from 2-3 options.

2. Trophy equipment should be cheap. No more than 20% of the base cost. Then it will be interesting to capture it.

3. Remelting captured equipment should give prestige (at least a little).

4. Give the opportunity to "buy" additional transport (ships, trains, planes) for prestige before the scenario (in the preparation phase). Each subsequent purchase should be significantly more expensive than the previous one.

5. The ability to create garrisons (auxiliary low-mobility infantry troops attached to a city or village) with zero slot cost.

6. Make it possible to build fortifications, trenches, and airfields on the map. Let for prestige and let only on the script, but sometimes it is useful.

7. The ability to" switch " some fighters to bombers and Vice versa (equipped with bombs - more damage during bombing, but less-in air combat)

8. I think it is necessary to ban any ground units (except mountain infantry) to pass through the mountains without using roads.

9. I believe surrounded and completely suppressed units should surrender while getting suppressed (they are currently immortal if the attacker can't "kill")

Thank you and best wishes!

MickMannock
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MickMannock » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Eltare wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:34 pm

2. Trophy equipment should be cheap. No more than 20% of the base cost. Then it will be interesting to capture it.

3. Remelting captured equipment should give prestige (at least a little).
You already get prestige equivalent to the cost of the unit captured. The prestige can then be spent to buy the unit or whatever else you'd like.

Cortilein

Post by Cortilein » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:46 am

Now that the P-61 Black Widow is in the unit pool, it would be nice to have the night fighter/bomber destroyer variants for some German bombers as well. The models are there - they just need different/additional fire animations in their asset files (and proper stats). I am thinking mainly of the Dornier Do 217 N and the Junkers Ju 88 G. They could be portrayed as multipurpose tactical bombers with direct air-to-air attack ability, just like the Bf 110s.

Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:57 am

In continuation of the topic (and thanks to MickMannock for the comment):

10. now aircraft after relocation can attack the enemy below. But we can't choose a specific location for moving aircraft. Suggestions:
- or to prevent the bombing after the move;
- or allow player to move to the desired position on (near) the airfield

11. Alternative to paragraph 10. Now aircraft can either move between airfields, or attack (reconnoitre). I propose to allow you to change the airfield by free action, but the flight will be completed at the end of the course, and during the course of the aircraft can operate in the range between the new and old airfield (aircraft will not be able to move between airfields further than two flight ranges).

12. Playing the scenario (Prague) I couldn't disband the unit, even though I had to. This should be possible.

13. This is more of an idea for PC3 rather than PC2, but I think it would be nice to choose special improvements for units instead of directly for units. For example, improvement by sappers (which would give the infantry certain advantages). Or improved engineering units (which would allow infantry, tanks, etc.) to easily cross rivers (and using them on rivers would allow other units to move quickly). Scouting parties would improve the radius of the troops to which they are attached. And anti-aircraft guns could be attached to other branches of the units. Thus, individual units of sappers, engineers, scouts, etc. are no longer needed - I think they are somewhat superfluous (although now they have their own role).

14. The fact that the hills now give a bonus to the range of shooting and viewing (etc.) - this is good, but why not give additional bonuses to other territories. For example, a forest could reduce the visibility of units (they would be more difficult to detect), and visibility through water hexes could be 1 hex further.

15. What about the ability to "link" the amount of replenishment of ground units to the territory? If there are units in the city - it makes up for up to 75% of losses if there is a railway, otherwise 50%. If the unit is on the railway (or a neighboring hex), it restores up to 50% per turn. If only on a normal road or a neighboring hex - up to 25%. If the unit is two hexs away from the road or further, it is impossible to get replenishments.

16. Restoration of ground suppressed units at the beginning of the turn. If the unit is in a city or on / near any road , it restores 100% suppression, as it is now. Otherwise, 50% of the suppression remains at the beginning of the turn. Similarly, units located off-road and not adjacent to the roads hex will recover only 50% of fuel and ammunition. Surrounded units, as now, do not remove suppression, do not receive supplies.

17. Block the ability to assign a hero to units that are not suitable for his ability (possibly already done). For example, it must be blocked to assign a pilot (allowing you to act immediately after changing the airfield) to an infantry unit.

18. Want more heroes ;) Maybe every time a unit gets a star, there is a small chance (for example, 20%) that this unit will get a hero.

i'm sorry for my poor English. Thank you and best wishes!

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by terminator » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 am

We have vehicle wrecks :

Wrecks(1).jpg
Wrecks(1).jpg (134.54 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

We have dead soldiers (with sometimes really weird results) :

Wrecks(2).jpg
Wrecks(2).jpg (272.28 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

=> Will we have gun wrecks (artillery, anti-tank and anti-aircraft) ?

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:37 pm

"Real-Time" 'Voice Communication' application?:

I'm not a 'Multi-Player' sort... however I still would like to make a suggestion to assist those who participate in this effort!.

Why-Not include in this 'Multi-Player' creation to make available a built in application (Microphone Icon that can be switched on or off) to communicate verbally in 'Real-Time'... so that those involved in the Game can then communicate exclusively with one's own team-members... or even use the 'Hot-Line _ (Red Microphone) to have the option to communicate with ones adversaries!.

To keep it all in good spirited fun... then one could tell his opponent... to 'make peace with his God'... as it's... 'Time to Die'.

charge62
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by charge62 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello,

I've been taking PC2 slowly (and enjoying it) and have only made it to Rostov '41.

Suggestion 1: Add the ability to close the unit purchase and unit upgrade windows using [esc].

Suggestion 2: When the [tab] key is used to isolate air units, unmask friendly AA units and spotted enemy AA units as well. This would include dual purpose guns too. Would greatly ease planning air missions.

Suggestion 3: When the player has chosen the negative general trait barring the purchase of new air units, the player should be able to upgrade air units included as part of the campaign's starting OOB. Taking the campaign beginning with Fall Weiss as an example, the two fighters and single Stuka unit would be much weaker in 1942 and nearly useless in later years.

Comment: I like the way you've implemented unit leaders. One per mission is fine and the ability to customize unit traits works well. For example, using no return fire and recon movement, I've given a panzer unit a leader resembling Graf Von Strachwitz. (For those who don't know who he was, he was called the Panzer Graf. The Russians called him the Devil's General. His biography, The Devil's General, by Raymond Bagdonas, is superb.)

Question: In the Rostov scenario, the brief mentions the Soviet 38th Army. Unusual to be so specific. I've done research of OOBs and TOEs for many services and times in WWII, but I've never come across an English version of Soviet OOB/TOE for that period. I have The Red Army Order of Battle in the Great Patriotic War, by Poirier and Conner. It covers army and corps formations, as well and artillery and infantry divisions, but leaves out TOEs and all armor and cavalry divisions and brigades. The Order of Battle series of books are strictly for the clueless, as they present an amazing combination of false information and plagiarism.

Where did you get the Red Army data to inform scenario design? Is there any chance that data will be published?

Thank you.

Owi
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Owi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:20 pm

give us more "zoom out" i want to be eable to see the whole map on both strategy and normal view. This is a wargamestretegy you need that options.

jira77
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jira77 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello,
PC2 is trully great game but there is still a lot of opportunities to be even better.
I am not sure if devs are coming here at least sometimes (as I didn´t notice any reaction from them in this forum) but I hope that some of my simple ideas could be inspirative for them.

1) Build-up atmosphere
Some months ago devs announced they are gathering historical pictures and other material but it is really shame that there is virtual nothing like that in the game itself. Briefing before the mission is ok but there are no in-game messages with pictures, no outro/debriefing, no awards for general (congratulation with some historical pictures)... player´s immersion could be much higher with few such details.

2) Heroes
I am personally ok with much lower number of heroes (with interesting skills) than in PC1 but it is little bit boring that player is getting new ones absolutely regularly. What about extra heroes for reaching some bonus objectives or for winnig the mission very quickly...? Or something like that.

2b) Hereos - pictures
Why the pictures are repeating? It is a detail of course with zero gameplay impact but it is about atmosphere. It is really shame to have roster of 10 heroes consisting of 5 or 6 pictures... I hope devs have enough pictures and short routine to not allow same picture to be attached again during the campaign should be really easy to write.

3) Bonus/side objectives
99 % of missions have main objectives only. Put more bonus objectives with some rewards (extra heroes, extra core slots for the current mission, interesting prototypes, aux units for current mission (or maybe for next one), extra prestige...) for more fun.

4) Especially in small map missions I am looking more often on the (ugly) map border than on the map itself. It would be great to have thicker and visually better map border. It is really not nice view now.

5) Captured units
I like the new method of acquiring captured units but they are unfortunately not very usable in missions. I had always better selection from regular units. The only method to make them usable is to lower their cost (especially their slots cost) - it would be realistic as well because when I capture something I just have it and don´t have to ask for the unit (ok I still need crew, ammunition and so but it could be represented by lowerd cost (vs. no cost)).

I understand we are talking about vanilla campaign but still I am little bit disappointed that the game is so "raw". The core of the game is great but it could be improved a lot. Put more historical details to build up the atmosphere and immersion and more side objectives for more fun in next updates/DLCs please.

Thank you.

MickMannock

Post by MickMannock » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm

jira77 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:43 pm

5) Captured units
I like the new method of acquiring captured units but they are unfortunately not very usable in missions. I had always better selection from regular units. The only method to make them usable is to lower their cost (especially their slots cost) - it would be realistic as well because when I capture something I just have it and don´t have to ask for the unit (ok I still need crew, ammunition and so but it could be represented by lowerd cost (vs. no cost)).
When you capture a unit, you get the equivalent amount of prestige the unit costs. You are free to spend that prestige however you like though.

NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Having just played Kiev North and Kiev South i have the following Idea: Not make the Kiev North and Kiev South briefing be exactly the same? Unless that's a bug, in which case that has to go there.
In case it's not a bug: The briefing suggests you deploy from the North. The arrow markers indicative of what your strategy should be are only in the North, the general talks as if we had to back up from taking Moscow, go south and back up north again. None of that stuff makes sense if you play the Kiev South mission. It looks like the briefing for the Kiev South was just copied from the other mission with the way it's currently in the game. Don't know if this is mentioned before, and i can hardly imagine it hasn't. Because it's really wierd and the briefing makes no sense at all.

Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 pm

Owi wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:20 pm
give us more "zoom out" i want to be eable to see the whole map on both strategy and normal view. This is a wargamestretegy you need that options.
I second that - at the very least I'd like to see the whole map in strategic view.

Plus for those who like to do AAR's it's good to be able to take a screen of the whole map to show an idea of the layout.

George_Parr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by George_Parr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 am

One thing that came to my mind lately, and it really is more of a minor thing: how about being able to use lots of prestige to turn a prototype into an actually produced vehicle?

I don't mean those that exist as a prototype before their actual production-run, but those that never amounted into anything historically and thus are only ever available as limited prototypes in the game. You could add a very high price to it, so high in fact that you have to think really hard whether it is worth it, to reflect the influence required to get such a unit into production. Maybe even link it to the industry connection or whatever that trait was called.

Not sure whether this would work with the way units are implemented in the game though.

On a different note, I think it could be quite interesting to see something beyond the most famous battles if it should ever come to some sort of grand campaign. E.g. instead of having to attack Stalingrad, how about you are part of the move into the Caucasus, and afterwards either get involved in covering the retreat to prevent the Army Group being cut off there, or take part in the attempt to link up with the 6th Army in Stalingrad. This wouldn't have to be in place of taking on Stalingrad, but maybe could exist as an alternative path.

panzer981

Post by panzer981 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 am

brian1h wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 am
A) I would suggest that some of the unit attack ranges be modified.

Most units equipped with direct fire guns 75mm or larger should be able to attack at a range of 2 hexes at Half Strength. Combined with this units targeted with this long range direct fire should fire back if they are capable. This would allow for such historical as Matilda's with there 40mm guns taking damage from 88mm AT guns without being able to respond.

To compensate indirect fire Artillery for this adjustment I would add one to there attack range but reduce there damage to Half Strength if they are firing at maximum range.
THIS ^^

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”