SO where we at in development?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tlroff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

SO where we at in development?

Post by tlroff »

It's been a few months since this was announced.. where's it at.. screen captures of the Alpha maybe (I'd find it amazing hard to believe that there's not a Alpha that might even be.. you know, playable at this point) Some eye candy would be a nice to see! Panzer Corps was more or less battalion sized units, and I would like to see a bit more detail on naval units. Air units are fine as they're typically representing a squadron of aircraft and is abstracted. I'm honestly hoping PC2 stays with that. I'm also hoping that we have a more dynamic campaign out of the game where you start at a "Historical" point and from there you go and change history. What if you as the player can influence what equipment will provided at a future point? (yes continue with the initial axis POV for play but what happens on the eventfull day when you the renown Panzer General gets to sit down with the Hitler and minister of armaments and production Speer and inject some anti historical much need sense into the production of arms and equipment. What if the German battleship program had been cancelled early on and the focus in naval construction power had been on Heavy and Light Cruisers, destroyers, and other light combatants and of course submarines? And of course the resources released would effect land and air weapons systems development and deployment how? SO yes, Operational level of play with some strategic elements. Panzer Corp was purely an operational level of play focused on the tactical deployment of forces, but no real having to deal with operations issues such as simply maintaining supply lines. That simplicity is a good thing. It's what made the original Panzer General an amazing game, and what makes Panzer Corp just as amazing.

I've spent some time viewing posts but these are mostly from we players with our suggestions.

Hey devs? Whats happening. Where the title at now? Yes yes. I know.. they'll be folks that gripe and storm and posture no matter what you might reveal to us.
So be it. That's going to happen anyway. Might as well try asking the weather to not be weather. how abut some news!

TLRoff sends
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: SO where we at in development?

Post by jeff00t »

don't dream! not even a screenshot, Panzer corps 2 is probably a fake new.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: SO where we at in development?

Post by bru888 »

Yes, silence is often disheartening. [Hmmm. I see that I am a moderator in this forum, too. Is that true for all Slitherine forums, I wonder? Oh, no, not true. Avatar only. I am missing some magical powers here! :) ]
- Bru

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”