Self-Directed Unit Upgrades:

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Self-Directed Unit Upgrades:

Post by Retributarr »

Self Directed Unit Up-Grading should be an "Option" in the Game!. However, I think that it could be an extremely interesting/exciting option...to have some personal control... as to how 'You'...the 'Player'...can have an effect on the struggles ahead of you.

Military technological advantages...are fleeting at best!, it's only a matter of time before the other side eventually comes up with a credible 'Counter-Measure'. So...the opposing side would/should also be able to do what they can to counter-act any such initiatives that you undertake.

In this situation, you would have control over which technologies to place more emphasis on!, as to which technologies to accelerate at a more rapid pace...within reason of course.

Just for as a 'Classic-Example'...the German's had a working 'Jet' I think in 1942 or before?, I know that it was in the earlier stages of the war...but am unsure of the exact date. For illustrate purposes, "What-If"... a decision was made to make this Jet-Technology a 'Top-Priority', what would that have done to Allied Bomber Command or to the Anglo-Allied air superiority dominance over Europe?.

This commentary...is just something for 'You-Fellows' to think about. Maybe its worth considering, maybe...its not.
Retributarr

Re: Self-Directed Unit Upgrades:

Post by Retributarr »

Now...to be a little more specific and go into this discussion in a little more detail!.

When a specific agenda such as striving rapidly towards say..."Operational Jet Interceptor Procurement", this determined course of action could/should come at a cost of the other development programme's. Meaning!, what are you willing to sacrifice as far as in stifiling other development initiatives...in order to achieve a flight-worthy operational combat Jet-Interceptor?.

Also...as far as Combat Operational Jet's go...the Allies were quite far behind in this department. Therefore, there is a very good chance that any development in this department would give you an advantage for quite a good period of time. Not only that, but also...the Spin-Off's from developing a Jet-Interceptor...would likely lead into other related technological developments...such as Long-Range-Jet-Bombers...and such like.

Another illustration could be...dealing with Armor/Tank Development. Here...you could also determine the rate of advancement in this particular technology. Including when to do upgrades/retrofitting or actual design improvements and to what degree. Various tank models had a stream of upgrades and improvements. By say, delaying upgrades for a period of time, one could or might be able to otherwise instead increase production of the current inventory of models at hand...if there was no urgent need for immediate improvement's.

This was the concept or idea that I am trying to get across. Of course...there could be much more to this line of thought!.
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

In old panzer general you got on a decisive victory a prototype unit.
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

jeffoot77 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:43 pm In old panzer general you got on a decisive victory a prototype unit.
I think it was only in Panzer General 2.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”