Recon sugestion

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

dalfrede
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Recon sugestion

Post by dalfrede » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:42 pm

From exp.pzdat in PzC
Exp.jpg
Exp.jpg (83.66 KiB) Viewed 404 times
It has not been stated what the effects of experience in PzC2 are, but using PzC as an example.
Giving Recon D+2 bonus per star, the way Fighters and AT get attack bonuses seems a simple way to boost Recon.
A defense bonus would be more in line of the function of Recon than attack bonuses.

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Recon sugestion

Post by Retributarr » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:10 am

dalfrede wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:42 pm
From exp.pzdat in PzC
Exp.jpg

It has not been stated what the effects of experience in PzC2 are, but using PzC as an example.
Giving Recon D+2 bonus per star, the way Fighters and AT get attack bonuses seems a simple way to boost Recon.
A defense bonus would be more in line of the function of Recon than attack bonuses.
Initially...I wasn't going to reply...as I really had nothing really beneficial to add to your suggestion!.
But after having some time to 'Mull-It-Over'...I decided to reply in some fashion anyway!.

I like your idea of giving 'Recon-Units' a "D+2 bonus per star"...as this would obviously enhance the Recon-Units survivability...hence...making them much more of a viable/useful asset...thus!...making their deployment in the Game...increasingly more worthwhile.

Not only that!...but also perhap's...their Recon-Abilities could also be enhanced/increased as they survive missions and gain experience...to a higher level of information gathering/better Recon results.

JaM2013
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Recon sugestion

Post by JaM2013 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:33 pm

i think effect of the stars should be less pronounced, so it wont override actual unit stats too much... Panzer Corps had this flaw where after certain point, elite units with 5 stars and 3 heroes, could kill anything with single attack because of those bonuses, while base unit stats would be unimportant.. Let say you have Panzer IIIE with three heroes that give you +5 to attack, and 3 stars, that another 3 points to attack... so your 7HA becomes 15HA, and suddenly Panzer IIIE can take out KV-1 tanks with ease... yet in real life, while elite crew was definitely a huge factor, they would not be able to overcome certain situations... single KV-1 stopped entire German Panzer Division for whole day and their tanks couldnt overcome that KV-1 no matter what...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”