Several questions regarding the unit models.

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Several questions regarding the unit models.

Post by Schweinewitz »

Saw a number of gameplay videos on YT yesterday ... and I liked what I saw. :wink:

Some details regarding the unit models are still unclear to me though:

- A Youtuber mentioned that the size of the models can be changed. Is that true? If so, can the size for every single unit class be changed differently or only all models at once?

- It seems that vehicle skins can be changed. Also skins for aircraft and infantry? Can the skins be modded? (I guess so ...)

- There seems to be the possibility to change ensigns. Is this for aircraft and vehicles? Doesn't seem to work with infantry.

- Will artillery horse carts get horsies in the end? :o

- The German Grenadiers unit looks very odd and off (all three men with heavy MGs) - is this just a placeholder? (I hope so ...)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Several questions regarding the unit models.

Post by Rudankort »

Great questions!
Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - A Youtuber mentioned that the size of the models can be changed. Is that true? If so, can the size for every single unit class be changed differently or only all models at once?
Yes, it's true. Inside the game itself you will have sliders for major classes - infantry, vehicles, aircraft, ships and guns. If you want more control, then you will need to dive into game's data files. But in any case, you won't need to change models themselves, just some numbers in the tables.
Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - It seems that vehicle skins can be changed. Also skins for aircraft and infantry? Can the skins be modded? (I guess so ...)
Yes, you can change skins of any units, including infantry and aircraft. Yes it could be modded, and we will likely add an option for custom skins directly inside the game, but not in 1.0.
Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - There seems to be the possibility to change ensigns. Is this for aircraft and vehicles? Doesn't seem to work with infantry.
Yes, it's for vehicles and aircraft. Technically it would work for infantry too, but it would probably be hard to see the difference.
Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - Will artillery horse carts get horsies in the end? :o
Yes. :)
Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - The German Grenadiers unit looks very odd and off (all three men with heavy MGs) - is this just a placeholder? (I hope so ...)
The models themselves are not placeholders, but we still plan to implement mixed groups of soldiers, as in Panzer Corps.
Andrea69
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Andrea69 »

Schweinewitz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am - The German Grenadiers unit looks very odd and off (all three men with heavy MGs) - is this just a placeholder? (I hope so ...)
The models themselves are not placeholders, but we still plan to implement mixed groups of soldiers, as in Panzer Corps.
[/quote]

Hello, me too I disliked the grenadiers, all three with MGs is really odd.

Also I have a question about the size of the maps, which at first look seem not very large: which is the largest possible size?
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

Thanks for the reply! Good news.
Rudankort wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:29 pm
There are already mixed groups of soldiers in the game - the combat engineers with flamethrowers. Keep 'em coming! :wink:

---

Regarding the Grenadiers: Why not show them as two riflemen and one MG gunner - like in OOB - so they're easy to distinguish from other infantry (and look cooler).

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”