Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

sabotager
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Bug Reports

Post by sabotager »

Hi,

I was playing Persia scenario, and found and interesting issue with the British commando units hidden in mountains. On turn 25 when I move my recon near them and capture last point, I can see this unit (1 left as I killed another one) on the 'Reveal the battlefield'. But when I do not move the recon for some reason I can't. Additionally they are kinda annoying, sometimes you can't see them, sometimes you can for some weird reasons.

I have attached save and screenshots (game is on steam with last patch).

Thanks,
s
Attachments
2.png
2.png (348.32 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Autosave (Turn 25).auto.7z
(271.27 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
1.png
1.png (931.51 KiB) Viewed 2864 times
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

sabotager wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm Hi,

I was playing Persia scenario, and found and interesting issue with the British commando units hidden in mountains. On turn 25 when I move my recon near them and capture last point, I can see this unit (1 left as I killed another one) on the 'Reveal the battlefield'. But when I do not move the recon for some reason I can't. Additionally they are kinda annoying, sometimes you can't see them, sometimes you can for some weird reasons.

I have attached save and screenshots (game is on steam with last patch).

Thanks,
s
Commandos have the camouflage trait. Only recon van spot them at more than 1 hex. Other ground troops if next to then and I think other air need to be on them.
sabotager

Post by sabotager »

Thanks for explanation, I did not know about this trait.

But anyway - should they not be revealed after finishing the scenario (Review battlefield option) or it is kind of part of the game ? :)

Thanks,
s
jmacnamara
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by jmacnamara »

First impressions: Absolutely love it. Great game. Well done!

Couple of small bugs (or quirks) that I noticed:

[1] When a unit is selected while end of turn is pressed, the movement path of the unit is shown when any subsequent enemy action is within its movement range. This is confusing. Automatically deselect a selected unit when end of turn is pressed.

[2] When a unit is disbanded during the deployment phase, it should not appear in the kill list.

[3] When buying or upgrading units, please show the unit catalogue in the default camo of the scenario. This does not happen with desert camo but does work in Russian winter scenarios. Not a biggie, but it would be a nice touch.

[4] When a unit has overrun an enemy unit, it is possible to give the unit (elite) replacements. This should only be allowed before any action is performed. Unless this is by design of course, but I doubt it.

[5] The deploy phase menu remains visible and responsive after the deployment phase has ended and the enemy has the first turn.

[6] The campaign briefer sounds like Schwarzenegger. I miss the clipped German accent. 😊
Epidaurus
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Epidaurus »

Sound missing or am I missing something.

Slider in Audio options> Environment does nothing. Did you forget to squeeze those sweet, immersive background battle sound effects like they did in OOB?
Matyna
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Matyna »

I have just played Bagration with new "arty buff" and those 20hp 5 star Katyushas can destroy whole units if there are 2 of them and they focus on one target. This should be imo repaired, as they are too OP at the moment. And those Auxiliary units on south front are decimated even before enemy attacks, whole units gone. This should be looked into imo. Especialy those Katyushas. And i played on medium difficulty, cant imagine playing on hardest.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

jmacnamara wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:34 pm
[6] The campaign briefer sounds like Schwarzenegger. I miss the clipped German accent. 😊
It would be "Hilarious" and good-fun to have voicing similar to... "Werner Klemperer"_as Colonel Klink...
as well as... "Schwarzenegger..." from the Terminator.
o_t_d_x
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by o_t_d_x »

Horseman wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:10 am
o_t_d_x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:41 am
Rudankort wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, it is intended this way. This hero repairs damaged points, not replaces them with fresh ones taken from them pool.
Even if i repair things - i need parts - thats why i wondered that he didnt use any.
Have you ever seen the A-Team? (The TV series not the more recent film) Those guys can make a tank/armoured car out of bit and pieces left lying around in a garage......that's your repair hero, he doesn't need parts! :lol:
So Mc Guyver and the a-team fight for germany ? aaahh, so how could we loose ? :lol:
btw: are you the horseman from mwo ?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Last Playable Scenario before Lock-Up of continuing the Campaign____"Kubyshev 3 February 1943":

I have played both Army-Group-Center & now finally... Army-Group-North. In both instances... the "Kubyshev 3 February 1943" scenario played just fine!.

However... upon completion of the scenario... and then when continuing onto the next scenario... in both cases as in the Center & North Campaigns... the Game... "Locks-Up". It stops 'Dead' in its tracks.

What is happening here???.
jmacnamara

Post by jmacnamara »

Not really a bug, more of an irritant: When the unit info screen is displayed, and you select a different unit from the left side unit picker, the screen automatically centers on that unit. All well and good, but, since the unit info screen is centered, the unit cannot be seen without some scrolling. As I said, an irritant, not a bug. Solution: Have the unit info screen cling to the right side of the screen or give the user greater control over the size and position of popup windows.
jmacnamara

Post by jmacnamara »

"Welcome, General. Please introduce yourself". Good. Each and every time a new campaign or (custom) scenario is started. Not so good. Can you please retain the user's name in some sort of setting?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I think the victory condition for FFA matches should be fixed or changed:

For example, in the previous picture we can see I have clearly most of the VH hexes under my control, however I got the Defeat screen.
I think victory should belong to the player who has control of most the VH at the last turn, not ALL of them. Or we should all have the "Draw" screen, which I think it is not necessary.
What do you think?.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
fluffybunnyuk

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

If you open the unit list to the widest. There doesnt seem to be a way to unwiden it...

Click to open

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Barbarossa Lock-Up-Itus':

I am playing PzC2 on 'STEAM'... so this by itself might be the problem?. Anyway... I have played army group North, Centre & South... and in all cases a scenario or two after 'Stalingrad'... I have Game playing issues.

This time... I'm at 'Kursk 1943', I was able to deploy my units and was ready to go!. No issues to that point.
Then I pressed the "Hour-Glass-Icon" to start the Scenario.

At this juncture, the Game process goes into a 'Total-Freeze-Mode', I can still move the 'Mouse', but cannot do anything else, not even 'Exit' the Game. The only thing that I can do is to press the main shut-down key on the Computer to shut the computer down, then restart to get it up and running again.

Why?... is this happening???.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:15 pm Barbarossa Lock-Up-Itus':

I am playing PzC2 on 'STEAM'... so this by itself might be the problem?. Anyway... I have played army group North, Centre & South... and in all cases a scenario or two after 'Stalingrad'... I have Game playing issues.

This time... I'm at 'Kursk 1943', I was able to deploy my units and was ready to go!. No issues to that point.
Then I pressed the "Hour-Glass-Icon" to start the Scenario.

At this juncture, the Game process goes into a 'Total-Freeze-Mode', I can still move the 'Mouse', but cannot do anything else, not even 'Exit' the Game. The only thing that I can do is to press the main shut-down key on the Computer to shut the computer down, then restart to get it up and running again.

Why?... is this happening???.
I can't answer your question, that'll need to be someone else. But if your mouse is moving, is it possible to CTRL-ALT-ESC and shut down Unreal from the Task Manager? That might avoid you having to reboot.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 pm
Retributarr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:15 pm Barbarossa Lock-Up-Itus':
I can't answer your question, that'll need to be someone else. But if your mouse is moving, is it possible to CTRL-ALT-ESC and shut down Unreal from the Task Manager? That might avoid you having to reboot.

Pat
No! that trick didn't work!... After trying to shut the Game down using the regular Menu-Buttons... and being unable to do the "shut-down", what you suggested... I tried to do next!, "that is"... implementing the CTRL-ALT-ESC procedure, but!... in my case ... I always use... CNTRL-ALT-DELETE.
jmacnamara

Post by jmacnamara »

It's CTRL-SHIFT-ESC for the Task Manager, my dudes.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

jmacnamara wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:35 am It's CTRL-SHIFT-ESC for the Task Manager, my dudes.
damn .. you're right .. I'm so used to graphics programs crashing I do it without even thinking.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"Fall Weiss" Lock-Up-Itus':

Here we go again!. Same vexing situation as I had with the very-latter 'stages/scenarios' of "Barbarossa".
Again!... this Game is still being run on "STEAM" and again... I was able to deploy 'Units' for the set-up.

And "again!"... when I pressed the 'Hour-Glass-Icon" to start the Game... the Game "Seized-Up/Locked-Up/Froze". Again... I could still use/move/navigate the mouse pointer with no-problem as in the other similar occurrances .. that I had with "Barbarossa".

However!... the 'First-Scenario' that I played... which was "Crete"... played 'Flawlessly' well, no issues what-so-ever.

Is there something lacking in my computer memory or something else like that?... or is it "STEAM?" that's causing the problem?. I don't have a 'Clue!'.
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:33 am "Fall Weiss" Lock-Up-Itus':

Here we go again!. Same vexing situation as I had with the very-latter 'stages/scenarios' of "Barbarossa".
Again!... this Game is still being run on "STEAM" and again... I was able to deploy 'Units' for the set-up.

And "again!"... when I pressed the 'Hour-Glass-Icon" to start the Game... the Game "Seized-Up/Locked-Up/Froze". Again... I could still use/move/navigate the mouse pointer with no-problem as in the other similar occurrances .. that I had with "Barbarossa".

However!... the 'First-Scenario' that I played... which was "Crete"... played 'Flawlessly' well, no issues what-so-ever.

Is there something lacking in my computer memory or something else like that?... or is it "STEAM?" that's causing the problem?. I don't have a 'Clue!'.
Do you have a graphics card or discrete GPU with more than 3 GB VRAM? IIRC some maps behave erratically or can fail to load entirely otherwise (Kursk or any other of the really large scenarios -- see this thread).
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”