Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

wecker
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Bug Reports Blurry graphic for units

Post by wecker » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am

Hello Patrick,

just for the record _ I solved my problem with the blurry units in the purchase screen.

For everybody else facing the same problem here is the way how I solved it:

You have to set your Anti-Aliasing settings to minimum, save the changes and exit the game.

After that you start the game and change the Anti Aliasing settings to whatever entry you like. Finished ;-)

Thanks a lot and bye.

Patrick Ward wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:18 pm
wecker wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi Pat,

thank you for your question: it is in the unit list and also in the purchase shop/screen.

I`m just wondering, because in the beta all was correct. Do you suggest to install an older NVIDIA graphics driver? I recently installed the newest one 451.67 via Geforce Experience.

My Rig (sorry - everything in German) - I hope it`s o.k. for you :D :

Motherboard: MSI MS-7A62

CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Treiberversion: 27.21.14.5167
DirectX-Treiberversion: 27.21.14.5167
OpenGL-Version: 4.6

Desktopfarbtiefe: 32 Bit per Pixel
Monitor-Aktualisierungsrate: 60 Hz
Desktopauflösung: 1920 x 1080
Primärer VRAM: 8191 MB

Soundkarte: Lautsprecher 2- Realtek High Definition Audio

RAM: 16343 MB

Thank you for your help.
Thanks Wecker,

No I wouldn't suggest that as I don't know if thats the solution. We're trying to find a common thread amongst those that are seeing this problem.

I'll pass your details over to the devs and see how they get on.

Thanks again and sorry you're having this problem.

Pat

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Bug Reports

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am

Warsaw scenario, after spent all my commendation point my bonus Il2 plane crashes immediately after appearing on the airport to the east...

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Bug Reports Blurry graphic for units

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am

wecker wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Hello Patrick,

just for the record _ I solved my problem with the blurry units in the purchase screen.

For everybody else facing the same problem here is the way how I solved it:

You have to set your Anti-Aliasing settings to minimum, save the changes and exit the game.

After that you start the game and change the Anti Aliasing settings to whatever entry you like. Finished ;-)

Thanks a lot and bye.
Hey Wecker,

Thanks very much for that. I've passed that onto the team and hopefully they can work out whats happening. It seems very hard to isolate the cause as it doesn't happen on any of our own computers.

Cheers,

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rhaeg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:00 pm

• This might be an old and known bug, but it's new to me so I thought I'd report it: I noticed during the Orenthal mission in AO 1939 that when the ground state went from "dry" to "muddy" there was no visual change in the look of the map (it still looked crispy green). Then, when it went back from "muddy" to "dry" the land changed into more brownish hue which I assume would be the colour scheme for "muddy".
  • Not sure if this is a bug or if it's considered "working as intended", recently I noticed that the Soviet model for motor infantry uses the German one and the same goes for the Danish model in AO 1939. Now I can understand you won't build new models for an unplayable faction that shows up in only 1 scenario, but I thought it was weird that the Soviet model clearly has a German soldier mounted on the motorcycle.

tycoon1969
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by tycoon1969 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 am

From the victory screen after winning Warndt Forest, the game stops. Music continues playing but will not advance to next scenario, neither from the review battlefield screen after pressing end mission.
Please help, I have the field Marshall edition through Steam.

Aaron

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:16 am

tycoon1969 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 am
From the victory screen after winning Warndt Forest, the game stops. Music continues playing but will not advance to next scenario, neither from the review battlefield screen after pressing end mission.
Please help, I have the field Marshall edition through Steam.

Aaron
Sometimes the game will hang on the 'review battlefield' screen. What happens if you do NOT review battlefield, and just go directly to 'CONTINUE' while looking at the Victory screen?

tycoon1969

Post by tycoon1969 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Sometimes the game will hang on the 'review battlefield' screen. What happens if you do NOT review battlefield, and just go directly to 'CONTINUE' while looking at the Victory screen?

Exact same thing. Game stops moving forward, music still playing. Continue button grays out when pressed like it should, but nothing else happens. Can anyone offer any help please.
Last edited by tycoon1969 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Resolute

Post by Resolute » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Starting a campaign and importing a previous core also imports previous commander traits for the first mission - it's fine after that.

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:07 am

Resolute wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm
Starting a campaign and importing a previous core also imports previous commander traits for the first mission - it's fine after that.
It doesn't have to import the same General traits if you want to change them. If you would like to pick new traits, then you need to go select "New Campaign" first and then select "Axis Operations 1939"

You will be prompted to import your core if you like, plus you'll be able to select new traits and all of that.

genkuzzo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by genkuzzo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi guys,

i have a big problem with the "Middle East" mission of the campaign. I completed the mission but when i press 'continue' on the post-breafing page, nothing is happening! I tired also to reload the last turn saving, but nothing.. it is impossible to continue the campaign. Someone had the same problem or can help me?
Thx

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:44 pm

genkuzzo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:36 pm
Hi guys,

i have a big problem with the "Middle East" mission of the campaign. I completed the mission but when i press 'continue' on the post-breafing page, nothing is happening! I tired also to reload the last turn saving, but nothing.. it is impossible to continue the campaign. Someone had the same problem or can help me?
Thx
Could you please post your save from the last turn here?

genkuzzo

Post by genkuzzo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:44 pm
genkuzzo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:36 pm
Hi guys,

Thx
Could you please post your save from the last turn here?
How do I post the save?
Anyway, maybe I understand what the problem is. Looking in the campaign folder I noticed that for all missions there are 3 files (ex. normandy.lua; normandy.map; normandy.pz2scn). In the case of Persia (the mission after middle east) there is only persia.lua
Could this be the problem? If so, how do I recover the other two files?
thx

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:24 pm

genkuzzo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 pm
How do I post the save?
The easiest way is to zip it and attach to forum message.
genkuzzo wrote:
Anyway, maybe I understand what the problem is. Looking in the campaign folder I noticed that for all missions there are 3 files (ex. normandy.lua; normandy.map; normandy.pz2scn). In the case of Persia (the mission after middle east) there is only persia.lua
If you really don't have other Persia files (Persia.map and Persia.pz2scn), then this is definitely a big problem. I'm not sure how they could disappear. Reinstalling the game might help, but you can also try to download missing files from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/si7kk7l7961hx ... a.zip?dl=0

Resolute

Post by Resolute » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:07 am
Resolute wrote:
It doesn't have to import the same General traits if you want to change them. If you would like to pick new traits, then you need to go select "New Campaign" first and then select "Axis Operations 1939"

You will be prompted to import your core if you like, plus you'll be able to select new traits and all of that.
It still does import your old commander traits for the first mission. I still had aux units even I did not pick it, same goes not being able to buy ART even this time I did not tick the box.

genkuzzo

Post by genkuzzo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:24 pm
genkuzzo wrote:
How do I post the save?
The easiest way is to zip it and attach to forum message.
genkuzzo wrote:
If you really don't have other Persia files (Persia.map and Persia.pz2scn), then this is definitely a big problem. I'm not sure how they could disappear. Reinstalling the game might help, but you can also try to download missing files from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/si7kk7l7961hx ... a.zip?dl=0
ok, problem solved! I attached your files in the campaign folder and now it works!! THX a lot!!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:07 pm

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am
Warsaw scenario, after spent all my commendation point my bonus Il2 plane crashes immediately after appearing on the airport to the east...
It's crazy rare to happen, but bad weather can cause this problem. Definitely will be fixed ASAP.

Resolute

Post by Resolute » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:07 pm
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am
It's crazy rare to happen, but bad weather can cause this problem. Definitely will be fixed ASAP.
I've also seen that at the Madrid scenario. There is an aux plane at the far west side. If the weather turns bad at the first turn, it crashes. Not a big deal since it's a recon one but still should not happen.

tycoon1969

Post by tycoon1969 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:36 am

Please help, I have the field Marshall edition through Steam. Even if I skip the review battlefield screen and immediately hit continue, the continue button grays slightly and it doesn't advance to the next scenario. Just stays stuck on the victory screen with the music playing, mouse pointer still is active, so it's not locking up.

Aaron

naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by naughtybalrog » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Updated to v01.01.09 and when I go to start PC2 I get the Unreal Engine 4 Crash Reporter with multiple issues. See attachment.
Many thx for looking into this.
Attachments
Unreal Engine 4 Crash Report  8-30-20.jpg
Unreal Engine 4 Crash Report 8-30-20.jpg (107.34 KiB) Viewed 483 times

Scrapulous
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Scrapulous » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:48 am

Resolute wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm
adiekmann wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:07 am
Resolute wrote:

It still does import your old commander traits for the first mission. I still had aux units even I did not pick it, same goes not being able to buy ART even this time I did not tick the box.
I see this as well. My imported SCW general had traits that gave extra auxiliaries and prevented buying aircraft or artillery. I did not select those traits on my AO39 general, but I could not buy artillery or planes and was able to buy auxiliaries for the Czechoslovakia scenario. Later scenarios in AO39 had the correct traits.

Another bug: Deadly Grasp general trait does not work at all in scenarios when fighting more than one faction (Forbach, Saarbrucken).

Another bug: recon class vehicles seem to be able to get into a situation where their moves cost double. Interestingly, the unit stats panel does not acknowledge this. But the available moves deplete twice as quickly. So once the unit can't move any further, even along a road, the unit stats panel will still show, for example, 4 of the original 8 move points remaining. This doesn't happen at the beginning of the scenario, but develops in later turns. I suspect but don't know that splitting and re-combining recon units may be what causes it. It really damages the utility of what is supposed to be a fast unit.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”