Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Bug Reports

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

peterw wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am buy units AI-bug

In Panzer Corps 1 AI had no problem buying new units. :)

Peter
a.k.a spam, which was very annoying in PzC 1.
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

Yes, in PzC1 it was sometimes too much new AI-units.
But for me no new AI-units is worse.

Yesterday I used a random map for the first time. With this AI buys new unis during the game.
As I never get a new AI-unit in main game or in my mod campain, I can only assume ramdom maps use another AI. But I have not understand this jet.

Peter
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Jase79
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jase79 »

There seems to be a problem with autosaves in AO campaigns.
I never got the Il-2 in Warsaw and after some testing it turns out this was because I loaded autosave at turn 5 after I had chosen to use more CP.
Testing showed same problem with all the commendation points related events.
If I use CPs to buy Kerscher for example and then load turn 0 autosave, no hero or chance to get him. No problem with manual saves tough.

I guess problem is that autosave is saved before the event and after loading autosave event is never triggered.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

peterw wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 am Yes, in PzC1 it was sometimes too much new AI-units.
But for me no new AI-units is worse.

Yesterday I used a random map for the first time. With this AI buys new unis during the game.
As I never get a new AI-unit in main game or in my mod campain, I can only assume ramdom maps use another AI. But I have not understand this jet.

Peter
DotR or Axis Operations style reinforcement scripts is a replacement over AI purchasing. Through scripts, you have much better control over what the AI receives as reinforcements, and can also randomize between several different options if you want.
peterw

Post by peterw »

Often if I switch an AD-unit to AT-mode the next turn it's again in AA-mode.
This makes no sense, if I know there will be bad wether next turn or if no enemy planes are left.

I've seen this with V1.1.10 and older versions, too.

Peter
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

So, for a while now I've noticed that when I set the camo and insignia for my army in a Campaign, the moment I finish the scenario and enter the next, most, if not all of my units revert to the default camo and insignias for that scenario.
It's not that big an issue, but it is annoying.
cboyda
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by cboyda »

How does an AI damaged unit go from 2 strength in one turn to 13 the next?
This would take me a 3-4 turns. Once to reinforce to 10, then 11, then 12, then 13.
Why is the computer able to reinforce to max strength?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

cboyda wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:28 am How does an AI damaged unit go from 2 strength in one turn to 13 the next?
This would take me a 3-4 turns. Once to reinforce to 10, then 11, then 12, then 13.
The max reinforce is 50%, so if it is a conscript: 2 > 12 > 20, 2 turns to full strength.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

cboyda wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:28 am How does an AI damaged unit go from 2 strength in one turn to 13 the next?
dalfrede wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:42 pm The max reinforce is 50%, so if it is a conscript: 2 > 12 > 20, 2 turns to full strength.
Supply hexes make it possible to reinforce up to 100% of the unit's strength (unless this has been changed recently), so 1 to 15 for an infantry unit is entirely possible. The player can do the same thing, though.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

No technically a bug, but would it be possible to add something to the name of a save beyond scenario and current round?

In PC1 you could play through campaigns or any scenario multiple times and not run into any trouble with the game asking you if you wanted to overwrite an earlier file that happened to be from the same scenario and round. I think the date being a part of it may have been the reason for that. But in PC2, if you already played a scenario before, and saved in a specific round, any following play of that scenario triggers the overwrite question if you want to save in that exact round as well, and that's kind of tedious.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

raider45 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:55 pm Hello, I'm going to write it back here because it has been heard to be a problem.
After the Burza map, I went to Lvov. At the end of the Lvov card there was a long dialogue and I came to Wlodawa, here I get a script error and cannot buy Commendation Points for prestige (I have enough).
So I don't have enough Commendation Points in the further course of the campaign !!! Warsaw, 1? and then I don't get any more messages?
raider45 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:45 pm Hi guys,
I got this script error even after successfully exiting Modlin.
Since I am playing with German texts, it is a mistake that has to do with the translation and the context. Now I have switched to English text and rehearsed it went without a problem and I was able to exchange prestige for Commendation points on the next card.
With this language translation error, the game can´t played played after Lvov or Modlin, because you don´t get any Commendation Points, not even when fulfilling extra or special destinations.
DatIndy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 pm Got a Script Error at the start on the Wlodawa map and can´t choose to get CP. :?

Can confirm that change to english fix the problem.
I had the same problem today and also play with German texts.

Can the problem be fixed with the next update?
sabo10
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sabo10 »

I don't know if this is a bug, or am I just missing something. See those two Tactical Bombers with the strength of "5", How do I get rid of them? They can't seem to attack, I chose the option to receive vehicles
Attachments
Madrin.jpg
Madrin.jpg (778.3 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

sabo10 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm I don't know if this is a bug, or am I just missing something. See those two Tactical Bombers with the strength of "5", How do I get rid of them? They can't seem to attack, I chose the option to receive vehicles
They are Recon.
You get rid of them by flying them to enemy air bases, so the AI can shoot them down.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Polish plane wrong base for return :shock:

Capture d’écran (1462).jpg
Capture d’écran (1462).jpg (818.92 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

Savegame(click next turn):
Warsaw (Turn 3)bug.zip
(756.42 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
sabo10
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sabo10 »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 pm
sabo10 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm I don't know if this is a bug, or am I just missing something. See those two Tactical Bombers with the strength of "5", How do I get rid of them? They can't seem to attack, I chose the option to receive vehicles
They are Recon.
You get rid of them by flying them to enemy air bases, so the AI can shoot them down.
Ok thanks, I missed that because they are listed under Tactical Bombers
sabo10
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sabo10 »

I have gotten this twice in the last 5 minutes, I know it can't be my laptop, it's too new and very fast (alienware) designed for playing games
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (209.76 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
sabo10
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sabo10 »

Is there something I'm missing?
sabo10
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sabo10 »

sabo10 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 am I have gotten this twice in the last 5 minutes, I know it can't be my laptop, it's too new and very fast (alienware) designed for playing games
Hi Mods,
I think i know what is wrong, I installed AO939 and I must have screwed up on it because when I skip past it and go to Poland it works fine.
Should I delete the game and re-install? Also what is the proper way to install AO1939?
HerrKaLeu
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

AO Prestige sink in Wlodawa not working

Post by HerrKaLeu »

Hello,

as title says: the script for the AO1939 Prestige Sink (at the start of either mission you can pay 75% of your prestige for 14 Commendation Points) is not working. Playing german version on Win10.

SCRIPT ERROR:[string "Wlodawa.lua"]:37:invalid option ´%I´ to ´format´

UPDATE: changing ingame language to english works. After the event I changed back to german language.
Best regards,
Herr KaLeu
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: AO Prestige sink in Wlodawa not working

Post by Magic1111 »

HerrKaLeu wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:20 pm as title says: the script for the AO1939 Prestige Sink (at the start of either mission you can pay 75% of your prestige for 14 Commendation Points) is not working. Playing german version on Win10.

SCRIPT ERROR:[string "Wlodawa.lua"]:37:invalid option ´%I´ to ´format´

UPDATE: changing ingame language to english works. After the event I changed back to german language.
I had already written it here

Unfortunately no developer has yet reported whether the bug will be fixed.

I am also not sure whether a developer is still reading this thread, as there has been no feedback from the developers on bug reports for some time. :?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”