Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Belgarath345
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Belgarath345 »

In the Zaragoza mission I got the commendation point for rescuring the nationalist Commander eventhough he died in turn 2.
redmusic

Cant update game

Post by redmusic »

I cannot update my game at all, , i cant " create handle" i just get an error message saying contact slithering. I get this pretty much with all my slithering games, particularly PG and PG2.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

normally when a game can't be updated, the user either hasn't installed as admin or run as admin, or has a 3rd party app stopping the process, eg a poor anti virus etc
Farrell03_slith
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Farrell03_slith »

At the beginning of Gijon I select the option to surrender my prestige for commendation points, but there is no message to confirm and no change to prestige. In my first run through, it worked but my second time through I’m not seeing it. Is this a bug?
Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rhaeg »

Farrell03_slith wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:17 pm At the beginning of Gijon I select the option to surrender my prestige for commendation points, but there is no message to confirm and no change to prestige. In my first run through, it worked but my second time through I’m not seeing it. Is this a bug?
Yeah, I had the same. You should have the commendation points at the start of next scenario, but the prestige won't be subtracted, so it's a bug working to your advantage. I still think it's bad that your current number of commendation points isn't shown anywhere.
Farrell03_slith

Post by Farrell03_slith »

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll take free points any day.
P5138
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by P5138 »

During the Teruel Mission, I decided to split the Medical Truck. I later recombined it, and made it to the Evacuation Zone, but no Commendation Point was awarded.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Teruel Mission, when save and reload Es Cavalry 3D model became German Cavalry.
I noticed M11 italian tank has 3d model of M13 and G50 italian Plane has Re2000 3d model
Agarwaen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Agarwaen »

Just noticed a typo in the Steam achievements for Axis Operations: Spanish Civil War.
All 5 achievements say "Spainish" rather than "Spanish", note the extra "i".
BUG - Typo in SCW achievements.jpg
BUG - Typo in SCW achievements.jpg (89.08 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
sabotager
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by sabotager »

Looks like format of image for save file has changed from png to jpg - when you remove save from game menu (using delete), image is left in saves folder.
albamar

Post by albamar »

Hello all,

I am just finishing my first base campaign (currently, fighting russian troops in the last hellish scenarios).
I have observed several minor issues during my gameplay and I would like to comment here, in case that they are not already known:

1.- Results panel: I have seen plenty of times, units that are in reserve, appearing in the final results panel,
as if they participated in the combat during that scenario.
The clearer case is a Bruckënpioniere unit that I only use sometimes, depending on the scenario terrain.
But, at the end of each scenario, these guys are always appearing in the results panel with ratios of a previous scenario.

2.- Experience limit: my recon vehicles were the first to reach 5999 experience.
I have seen several instances where the notification "your recon unit has gained a new star" is triggered even if the vehicle is at max experience.

3.- Entrenchment: pionieres are meant to help other adjacent units to gain entrechment quicker.
a) During the Bagration scenario, where units are having a defensive role, I had two instances of pionieres adjacent to other infanty units (one pair in Bialystok and the other inside a forest)
What I observed was that, after several turns, the pionieres reached max entrechment, but the adjacent infantry units remained with base entrechement.
And, related to this, in the same way that a tooltip (Engineers) appears when you attack with a unit adjacent to them (for ignoring part of the enemy entrechment)
it can be a good idea to see the same tooltip for the case of gaining entrechment, as well.

b) In Sevastopol scenario there is a AT gun at (30,21) with entrechment 10/5. It should be 5/5, being located in an open space.

4.- Retreating IA units over minefield: I have seen, at least two instances, of enemy tanks retreating from combat, passing over a minefield.
I suppose that it should not be possible, even if there is a free hex behind the minefield and the unit has movement points available.

5.- Units list (left panel): I normally rename all the units using higher numbers for newly recruited units.
a) Sometimes, I do not see a clear pattern, the name is lost and re-calculated again by the app. Maybe after upgrading unit, in some case?.

b) Order of the units inside each type tab: after upgrading units, they are re-ordered, not respecting when were they recruited.
So, I can have two tanks from Poland labeled 4th and 6th and later recruit two more, labeled 10th and 14th. After upgrading them, I can see 10th, 14th, 6th and 4th,
instead of the expected 4th, 6th, 10th and 14th.
I think that they should be ordered taking into account the timestamp when the unit was recruited, so the older unit will remain
at first position inside each unit type tab.
albamar

Post by albamar »

One more:

6.- Hero traits: Famous and Legendary.
The icon numbers are not matching the tooltip message regarding the prestige gained: 10/20 and 20/50
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

Game crash - SCW Teruel, v.07 (beta)
I deleted the cache upon update and enjoyed the very stable and smooth experience up until Teruel, where the game just crashes for no reason in the middle of a turn.
I'll have to replay the scenario (turn 2 now) coz I cannot proceed anyhow.

LoginId:5a5432bf41a124830fd804b889941597
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000270

PanzerCorps2!RegisterComponent() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Common\Unreal.h:254]
PanzerCorps2!RegisterComponent() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Common\Unreal.h:254]
PanzerCorps2!AUnitActor::AssembleBody() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:314]
PanzerCorps2!MountAction::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\Actions.h:250]
PanzerCorps2!GameWorld::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:5157]
PanzerCorps2!MountAnimation::Start() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Animations.cpp:732]
PanzerCorps2!GameEngine::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:281]
PanzerCorps2!AActor::TickActor()
PanzerCorps2!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick()
PanzerCorps2!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask()
PanzerCorps2!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask()
PanzerCorps2!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread()
PanzerCorps2!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit()
PanzerCorps2!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete()
PanzerCorps2!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2!UWorld::RunTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2!UWorld::Tick()
PanzerCorps2!UGameEngine::Tick()
PanzerCorps2!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\5\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll
albamar

Post by albamar »

Hello,

Today, I have created a post for commenting if any player has acquired infantry units as CORE in their runs for the SCW Campaign.
It seems that it is a bug, because it is not intended that the player can have any infantry (Spanish or Italian) as part of the CORE units.

So, I'm reporting this here, in case it can be of help to developers:
In the first scenario setup, it can be done easily, just moving to reserve (or disband) one Artillery (3 slots), or other combination, and then acquiring one Cavalry or Regular infantry from Spain.
Another user, commented that, even in other scenarios, you can also acquire Italian volunteers, if your max number of slots has not been reached (at least 3 free slots), buying a new infantry unit.
Rhaeg

Post by Rhaeg »

I started the AO 1939 campaign by importing my core from SCW. At the start I got a message that I start with 5 commendation points: I'm not sure if you start with that amount always or if that has anything to do with leftover points from SCW. Regardless, when I complete the 1st scenario (Czechoslovakia) without having killed (or made to surrender) any unit, the secondary objective does not complete and I still have 5 commendation points at the start when I get the option to purchase the tank hero. In other words: the 1st mission secondary objective did not complete for me while it should have.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Rhaeg wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 pm I started the AO 1939 campaign by importing my core from SCW. At the start I got a message that I start with 5 commendation points: I'm not sure if you start with that amount always or if that has anything to do with leftover points from SCW. Regardless, when I complete the 1st scenario (Czechoslovakia) without having killed (or made to surrender) any unit, the secondary objective does not complete and I still have 5 commendation points at the start when I get the option to purchase the tank hero. In other words: the 1st mission secondary objective did not complete for me while it should have.
It's anti-completion.

You start with 5, and keep 5, meaning you succeeded.

If you killed a unit, you would be told you failed the objective and lost 5 CP.

Just another new addition to the toolkit of expanding objective types and reward systems. :wink:
Rhaeg

Post by Rhaeg »

Kerensky wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:52 pm
Rhaeg wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 pm I started the AO 1939 campaign by importing my core from SCW. At the start I got a message that I start with 5 commendation points: I'm not sure if you start with that amount always or if that has anything to do with leftover points from SCW. Regardless, when I complete the 1st scenario (Czechoslovakia) without having killed (or made to surrender) any unit, the secondary objective does not complete and I still have 5 commendation points at the start when I get the option to purchase the tank hero. In other words: the 1st mission secondary objective did not complete for me while it should have.
It's anti-completion.

You start with 5, and keep 5, meaning you succeeded.

If you killed a unit, you would be told you failed the objective and lost 5 CP.

Just another new addition to the toolkit of expanding objective types and reward systems. :wink:

Ah lol, that explains it. I was wondering why I was getting 5 commendation points at the start and had no clue if it was leftover from SCW. Glad to know though, it would have been a bummer to go into the 2nd scenario while missing out on commendation points. Also thanks for the very quick response!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Rhaeg wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:22 pm Ah lol, that explains it. I was wondering why I was getting 5 commendation points at the start and had no clue if it was leftover from SCW. Glad to know though, it would have been a bummer to go into the 2nd scenario while missing out on commendation points. Also thanks for the very quick response!
The game asks a bit more from the player, but that is the price of expanding the content into new territory. It's why we stamp more and more and more pop up messages everywhere. Listing starting CP (whether its 0 or a non-zero number), every single bonus objective creates a pop up message the moment it generates its CP reward. Now there is a message warning of failure, and subtraction of CPs upon failure...

It would probably help for Commendation Points to have a permanent home in the UI... might make for a good 'official' mod someday I hope!
sabotager

Post by sabotager »

Following error occurs while playing the "Conquest of America" scenario. Steam version.
bug3.jpg
bug3.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
Lakel
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Lakel »

Might no be intentional, but given the change to the Motorcycle recon for the German army, is it intentional for the DK motorcycle from Denmark lacking the close combat trait?

Turns out its capturable in any case, so worth an ask.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”