Annoying Screen Travel _From Poor Button Locations

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Annoying Screen Travel _From Poor Button Locations

Post by Retributarr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Function access buttons are too-close to the Game-Screen edge!. This results in annoying unnecessary wild screen travel. Please look at this issue!.

adiekmann
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Annoying Screen Travel _From Poor Button Locations

Post by adiekmann » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 pm

I personally miss being able to right-click on a unit to bring up its info. You either need to hit the "i" key or move mouse down to left corner. So...I agree with you Retributarr!

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:37 pm

While on this subject...I miss not being able to just hit Enter to close screens too

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Seemingly no end yet to 'Annoyances'/'Game-Festers':

My latest 'Traumatic-Fester'... is that the 'Save-Game-Feature' refuses to Save the Game Now... for me.. it just stopped working???.

Other issues are a lack of sequence organization such as in the 'Save-Game' execution. First.. you go 'Left' to access the 'Menu'...press 'Save', then you go 'Right' to 'Save' the Game... once you get past those very bothersome-annoying 'Auto-Saves'... that keep piling up to the moon!. Who needs them anyway, I would like to have an 'Option' to turn-it-off' ???. Most people are Right-Handed... so put all of those operations on the Right-Side of the Screen to minimize racing across the board from right to left and left to right!.

I have mentioned before... that the print size is 'Too-Small' most everywhere for easy reading legibility... the 'Size' needs to be up-scaled. The 'Function-Access-Icons' are too close to the right and to close on the left side of the screen. When the 'Mouse-Pointer' over extends past the Function-Icon...the entire screen swings wildly away from your game playing spot.
It's called for that a 'Fix' is needed... try to move them in enough away from the screen edges or reposition them where... such that this ceases to be a problem.

I have experienced other such problems... but just can't think of them at the moment.

Here is a 'Nodder-One' (another)...
At the start outset of the Game, one of the options I chose for my team was... something like... "Killer Team".

Anyway... later on I accumulated 3-more 'Heroes'... but!...alas!... I for some reason am unable to deploy or dispatch them into some of my other units?. Could that selection of... "Killer Team" have had something to do with this malfunction?.
UPDATE: Unfortunately I tried to give "Heroes" to Units that were not qualified to receive them!, it was just pure bad chance that all those that I selected to have a Hero assigned to them... were not eligible to take a 'Hero'. By chance/accident I stumbled across a 'Unit' that was able to take a "Hero'... so... who knew?... that only certain qualifications... whatever they are can then permit you to assign a 'Hero' to a 'Unit'.
Last edited by Retributarr on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mordan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Mordan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:47 pm

yep..

quickly noticed the jerkyness of the game interface.

I have many criticisms which I will post later after more experience with the game. For me, currently the game is not enjoyable and I played PzC1 a god damn lot.

I re-installed PzC1 again to understand why I liked it so much.

Resolute
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Resolute » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 am

Retributarr wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 pm

My latest 'Traumatic-Fester'... is that the 'Save-Game-Feature' refuses to Save the Game Now... for me.. it just stopped working???.

Other issues are a lack of sequence organization such as in the 'Save-Game' execution. First.. you go 'Left' to access the 'Menu'...press 'Save', then you go 'Right' to 'Save' the Game... once you get past those very bothersome-annoying 'Auto-Saves'... that keep piling up to the moon!. Who needs them anyway, I would like to have an 'Option' to turn-it-off' ???. Most people are Right-Handed... so put all of those operations on the Right-Side of the Screen to minimize racing across the board from right to left and left to right!.
I really don't see the issue with "Save-Game". Just hit ESC and click save, there is no need to move to the left side. Regarding the number of auto-saves, you can always do an Ironman - so you only got one save.

gunny
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by gunny » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:13 am

PzC1 is a polished completed game having gone through many upgrades seems bizarre to me they would not have play tested this with various people and demanded complaints about it maybe their attitude was you should be thankful you get to play it early ??? who knows - ya gotta play test it with a variety of players and solicit complaints about it - kind of like you do not do a sitcom until you expose it to a practice audience and tweak it to where they love it then ya present it to the masses.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 am

Retributarr wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I have mentioned before... that the print size is 'Too-Small' most everywhere for easy reading legibility... the 'Size' needs to be up-scaled. The 'Function-Access-Icons' are too close to the right and to close on the left side of the screen. When the 'Mouse-Pointer' over extends past the Function-Icon...the entire screen swings wildly away from your game playing spot.
It's called for that a 'Fix' is needed... try to move them in enough away from the screen edges or reposition them where... such that this ceases to be a problem.

I have experienced other such problems... but just can't think of them at the moment.

Here is a 'Nodder-One' (another)...
At the start outset of the Game, one of the options I chose for my team was... something like... "Killer Team".

Anyway... later on I accumulated 3-more 'Heroes'... but!...alas!... I for some reason am unable to deploy or dispatch them into some of my other units?. Could that selection of... "Killer Team" have had something to do with this malfunction?.
Seems to me a lot of the things you are asking for are already in game. You really need to just stop and look for them in the UI (User Interface)

If you don't like autosaves piling up, hide them. It's a UI button in the save interface, just click it.
Killer team and other heroes can only be deployed during the deployment phase.

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:04 am

Kerensky wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 am

UPDATE: Unfortunately I tried to give "Heroes" to Units that were not qualified to receive them!, it was just pure bad chance that all those that I selected to have a Hero assigned to them... were not eligible to take a 'Hero'. By chance/accident I stumbled across a 'Unit' that was able to take a "Hero'... so... who knew?... that only certain qualifications... whatever they are can then permit you to assign a 'Hero' to a 'Unit'.
Seems to me a lot of the things you are asking for are already in game. You really need to just stop and look for them in the UI (User Interface)

If you don't like autosaves piling up, hide them. It's a UI button in the save interface, just click it.
Killer team and other heroes can only be deployed during the deployment phase.
[/quote]

I tried 'Hiding Them'... however... then each time I tried to save... they always show up again first... so then I have to hide them again so that I can do my save. Not only that, but also these 'AutoSaves' keep rapidly accumulating on my Computer Hard-Drive... taking up a lot of storage space... so i don't want that happening... I would much rather not deal with them at all!.

I know that " heroes can only be deployed during the deployment phase".

That wasn't the problem!... this issue is now answered above in my 'Updated Posting' as I had just posted it as you posted your response.

kissofpain
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by kissofpain » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am

gunny wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:13 am
PzC1 is a polished completed game having gone through many upgrades seems bizarre to me they would not have play tested this with various people and demanded complaints about it maybe their attitude was you should be thankful you get to play it early ??? who knows - ya gotta play test it with a variety of players and solicit complaints about it - kind of like you do not do a sitcom until you expose it to a practice audience and tweak it to where they love it then ya present it to the masses.
It did got tested but they were on a tight shedule to release the game that so many minor things had to be left out for a future patch.

boredatwork

Post by boredatwork » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 pm

I don't know about too close to the edge - but I would agree they seem unnecessarily spread out over the whole screen. At Sedan now, overall not sure about how I feel about the changes to game play but IMO they tried to do too much to the UI, tried to make it show too much info, and in the process made it much harder to see info at a glance. For example I can mouse over a town with an enemy unit in it and it show info on both the terrain and the enemy unit. But if I have one of my units selected and do the same thing I only see info about the enemy unit, not the terrain it's in.

gunny

Post by gunny » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 pm

kissofpain wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am
gunny wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:13 am
It did got tested but they were on a tight shedule to release the game that so many minor things had to be left out for a future patch.
Thanks for the info I whine a lot I am over 50 and in diapers why were they "on a tight schedule to release the game" ???
Last edited by gunny on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gunny

Post by gunny » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:45 pm

boredatwork wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 pm
I don't know about too close to the edge - but I would agree they seem unnecessarily spread out over the whole screen. At Sedan now, overall not sure about how I feel about the changes to game play but IMO they tried to do too much to the UI, tried to make it show too much info, and in the process made it much harder to see info at a glance. For example I can mouse over a town with an enemy unit in it and it show info on both the terrain and the enemy unit. But if I have one of my units selected and do the same thing I only see info about the enemy unit, not the terrain it's in.
What I like about Medieval 2 total war etc. is you can specify which info is on or off on the UI but anywho I think I am in love with the menus though the between or before the battle menus where it shows the units and ya get to click on boxes ???
pc2 1.png
pc2 1.png (604.9 KiB) Viewed 591 times
pc2 2.png
pc2 2.png (528.27 KiB) Viewed 589 times

kissofpain
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by kissofpain » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:54 pm

gunny wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 pm
Thanks for the info I whine a lot I am over 50 and in diapers why were they "on a tight schedule to release the game" ???
i don't know the details but most of the time it's the publisher that puts the pressure.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”