Patch 1 is here!

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Patch 1 is here!

Post by AlbertoC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:15 pm

The first patch for Panzer Corps 2 is here!

Last week we released Panzer Corps 2 and we couldn't be happier: the reception has been great, and so has the feedback. There are a number of things to improve on, and Flashback Games is on top of it. This patch is the first of a long series in order to keep expanding and refining Panzer Corps 2. Patch 1 brings the game to version 1.0.6 and it focuses on bugfixing and on better MP functionalities.

There will be much more in the future, and you can expect more news about that soon... but until then, let us know what you think about this first patch please.

Changelog:

- Fixed several random crashes
- Fixed crash when pressing Esc in hero selection
- Fixed the issue with transports and pontoons losing their texture when infantry uses custom skin
- Fixed turn count in Aachen MP scenario
- Fixed victory conditions in Tobruk scenario
- Fixed Fireworks and Operation X puzzles
- Fixed "weather" and "fog od war" advanced options
- Reduced the number of polygons on the screen, which should reduce the load on the GPU
- Changed settings of TXAA to reduce blurriness of map and units
- Added options to configure autosaves to Options -> Other
- Switched towed guns now keep their type after move and unmount
- Toolips on road icons in terrain UI panel now include movement table
- Increased scroll speed in unit list and camouflage list
- Esc now closes briefing screen
- Experience can no longer grow beyond 5 stars
- In random maps, enemies do not use the same faction as the player
- Multiplayer: Fixed MP connection timing out too fast when joining the game
- Multiplayer: It's now possible to specify password for new challenges
- Multiplayer: It's now possible to select our side when creating a challenge
- Multiplayer: Surrender option has been added to Game Menu
- Multiplayer: The game should now display custom MP scenarios from 'Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Multiplayer' in the list
- In Ironman mode "restart scenario" option is no longer available
- When terrain does not have initiative cap, the UI will now show Initiative cap: - (instead of 0)
- Fixed various typos in the text
- Added two more tactical advisor tips to the Tutorial menu

IMPORTANT!!!
If you have a problem with loading old saves - please delete this folder:
Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cache

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi Alberto. After installed this patch, my extra camouflage skins are dissapeard. I have only few like in BASE version. I bought the FIELD MARSHALL edition. Please help

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Rudankort » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:40 pm

calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
Hi Alberto. After installed this patch, my extra camouflage skins are dissapeard. I have only few like in BASE version. I bought the FIELD MARSHALL edition. Please help
Could you please open game's properties in Steam, go to DLC tab and check if all DLCs there are installed?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7183
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Kerensky » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Aachen has proper turn count back, hurray!

sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Germany

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by sn0wball » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Thank goodness for the surrender function! And choosing sides ! And passwords !

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:40 pm
calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
Hi Alberto. After installed this patch, my extra camouflage skins are dissapeard. I have only few like in BASE version. I bought the FIELD MARSHALL edition. Please help
Could you please open game's properties in Steam, go to DLC tab and check if all DLCs there are installed?
I'm checking one moment please I see that I have in the properties: GENERAL EDITION and FIELD MARSCHAL EDITION..
OK. SO:
ON STEAM it seems is the numbers of camo's are ok now.
ON SLITHERINe version still miss most of camouflage !!! please repair it...

Resolute
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Resolute » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 pm

I am on Norway South and I am not able to assign a hero in the deployment phase. Was working fine pre-patch. Did not have this problem on the previous map.
Attachments
heroes.png
heroes.png (117.25 KiB) Viewed 2719 times

Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Gwaylare » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks for patching multiplayer :D

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7183
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Kerensky » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Resolute wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 pm
I am on Norway South and I am not able to assign a hero in the deployment phase. Was working fine pre-patch. Did not have this problem on the previous map.
Refresh the tab. Click 'awards' or 'statistics' and then click back to 'heroes'
This allows me to resume assigning heroes during deployment phase as usual.

Yup, it's the patented "have you tried turning it off and back on again fix"!
Tried and true =D

Resolute
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Resolute » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Resolute wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 pm
I am on Norway South and I am not able to assign a hero in the deployment phase. Was working fine pre-patch. Did not have this problem on the previous map.
Refresh the tab. Click 'awards' or 'statistics' and then click back to 'heroes'
This allows me to resume assigning heroes during deployment phase as usual.

Yup, it's the patented "have you tried turning it off and back on again fix"!
Tried and true =D
You're the man! Did work that way.

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Hey guys is anyone noticed like me? Some of camouflage are dissapeard? Can someone can check it?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Rudankort » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Gwaylare wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:12 pm
Thanks for patching multiplayer :D
It still needs some more patching, but it's the highest priority right now.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Rudankort » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm

calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm checking one moment please I see that I have in the properties: GENERAL EDITION and FIELD MARSCHAL EDITION..
OK. SO:
ON STEAM it seems is the numbers of camo's are ok now.
ON SLITHERINe version still miss most of camouflage !!! please repair it...
There might be an issue with the patch installer. Slitherine will have to check it.

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:52 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm
calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm
I'm checking one moment please I see that I have in the properties: GENERAL EDITION and FIELD MARSCHAL EDITION..
OK. SO:
ON STEAM it seems is the numbers of camo's are ok now.
ON SLITHERINe version still miss most of camouflage !!! please repair it...
There might be an issue with the patch installer. Slitherine will have to check it.
thank you !!! Im waiting !! all the best for you Devs !

Sharkyzero
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Sharkyzero » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:01 pm

Audio is now glitching when it wasn't before. There's a stuttering effect when I'm doing anything in the game.

Akkula
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Akkula » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Check the fps. For some reason after the patch it was set to 30. I had to change it back to 60.
Problem solved.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.4): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 pm

another problem after installing the patch.
when I finished France campaign in 1940 and I try to choose Barbarossa: south the game is freeze during the loading...

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Rudankort » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:03 am

calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 pm
another problem after installing the patch.
when I finished France campaign in 1940 and I try to choose Barbarossa: south the game is freeze during the loading...
If you have a problem with loading old saves - please delete this folder:
Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cache

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by calmhatchery » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 am

Rudankort wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:03 am
calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 pm
another problem after installing the patch.
when I finished France campaign in 1940 and I try to choose Barbarossa: south the game is freeze during the loading...
If you have a problem with loading old saves - please delete this folder:
Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cache
No. No I meanI I'm playing after installing the 1.0 patch and just finished the France campaign and chose Barbarossa for example south and game is freeze..it is not old save...It 's mean continuation campaign ...

Snake97644
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Patch 1 is here!

Post by Snake97644 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am

Hi Rudankort
I had read elsewhere that the first patch was going to try and fix the 88 AT/AA mode problem when transporting. I figure it is still in the works since I did not see it in the change log.
Thanks btw for a fun game, I have played PG series and is many variants, but missed PzC 1. This game makes me wish I hadn't.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”