Ongoing assessment of PC2 and list of questions, problems, and answers.

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

superman81906
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Ongoing assessment of PC2 and list of questions, problems, and answers.

Post by superman81906 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 am

I will add to this list as needed, please put your own questions, statements about the game, or answers if you have them, thanks.

QUESTIONS:

1. Is there a way to reinforce a few points at a time like the old PC1?
2. Can you make the mini map any smaller than it gets now or remove it from the UI with a hotkey, but without removing the entire UI?
3. Is there a way to make the names of the cities smaller? And not just turn them off.

THOUGHTS:

1. I think the new way PC2 handles aircraft is much improved over PC1.
2. I miss the old school PC1 2D style of graphics and game play, but also love the new version.
3. I still wish ship icons were bigger than you can make them now. And when I try the PT boats get the size of the Love boat.
4. Sometimes the units get hard to see, but aside from making them bigger, I don't think there is much of a fix for this, they look good.
5. Sometimes the enemy will move out of 10 entrenchment to attack one of my units, I am not sure if this is a good AI move.

REQUESTS:

1. We are missing the turn slider. I think some scenarios have so little time, it is hard to make use of encirclement or other tactics as you have to push push push! Right now the only option on turns is on or off.
2. (Previously #11) I don't like the all or nothing succeed or fail for each mission. I wish there was a possibility to move forward with a penalty or something for completing 90% of the mission. Or a penalty for completing the mission with more turns than assigned.
3. Unless there is a reason I don't know of, a sold unit to get back credits should not be listed in the death/lost list.
4. Killer team should let you pick your 3 heroes at the start of the game. Or have an option in the menu to do so. And since you can just keep restarting a new game until you have heroes you like, it is just a shortcut anyway.
5. Really like the decision to make over strength and unit experience a separate system in PC2. It makes more sense, although I think a 15 vs 10 size unit should have slightly more attack and defense values due to its size.
6. Sometimes when I discover a unit sitting on the map, but have not activated it yet, I can just bomb it until it is destroyed. It will not move. I think a unit should take evasive action when bombed, so at least you have to scout for it again.
Last edited by superman81906 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Ongoing assessment of PC2 and list of questions, problems, and answers.

Post by Kerensky » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 pm

While I don't necessarily agree with the entire list, there are some good points in there. Thanks for sharing.

I particularly have plans for 11 :twisted:

But as for number 10, more OS units do have more attack. Not attack value, but more attack dice.

superman81906
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by superman81906 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:30 am

That is good to know about OS units, then I would leave that system just as it is, it works well. Thanks

brianbitmap
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by brianbitmap » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:52 pm

I'd just like to add my support for a couple of comments here. First, I'm really enjoying this game so far- it really is quite an achievement. Improvements? One is the minimap, it would be good to resize or get rid of it without losing the whole UI. Also the city names are so big they can get in the way. I sometimes switch them off, but I've had the game crash several times and on each occasion the city names have been switched off. There may be a connection.

The music is taking me some time to get used to. I most often turn the music off and have the old PC1 music playing in a loop on media player in the background. In the Barbarossa campaign a lot of the music is Russian martial music, which is kind of weird as you are playing the Germans. But musically what gets me most of all is that after two or three hours of nail biting gameplay, blood, sweat, tears and hard slog you finally get the victory screen, but to the accompaniment of some insipid Private Ryan style tune. Surely something like Preussens Gloria would be mark the achievement a lot better?

Still, great game.

Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Rood » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

brianbitmap wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:52 pm
[..]Also the city names are so big they can get in the way. I sometimes switch them off, but I've had the game crash several times and on each occasion the city names have been switched off. There may be a connection.
This was fixed with the Hotfix for Patch 1 (v1.00.07)
Fixed crash when capturing a flag and "show names on the map" is turned off

adiekmann
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by adiekmann » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:39 pm

superman81906 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 am

QUESTIONS:

1. Is there a way to reinforce a few points at a time like the old PC1?
I do not recall being able to reinforce units only a few strength points at a time, unless you did not have enough prestige to bring them back to full strength. Or, if you had adjacent enemy units, you were not able to receive full reinforcements. This is not the case in PC2, unless you are "surrounded." You always receive full reinforcements unless you don't have enough of that captured unit in your pool, or insufficient prestige to pay for it. Oh, also if your unit was OS, but suffered loses that reduced its strength down to 10 or less, you could (in mission) only bring it back up to 10, not 15 or whatever its original OS size was. Not until between missions. This is also different (and better!) in PC2.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”