Patch 4 is out! (v1.1.1)

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderators: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators, Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Catacol
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Patch 4 is out! (v1.1.1)

Post by Catacol » Thu May 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Very pleased with the alterations within the scenario builder. Glad to see default experience now works, like the experience gain tweaks, like the purchase equipment option - like the gameplay changes. Nothing in all this not to like. Like the ability to empty the map and redeploy all units too in multiplayer.

3 thoughts going forward:

1. I like the move to increasing kills for suppressing units - BUT while this is a good thing for air I played a 4 hour multiplayer session this morning and it feels as though artillery has now been made very deadly. As an example - I had an infantry unit reduced to strength 7 by a 122mm gun in 2 shots (2 turns). That was the most extreme example in the session, but overall the number of infantry casualties was definitely up. The tweak may possibly have made artillery too powerful. More gameplay will give a feel.

2. Customisable player options like traits and heroes not working in custom multiplayer scenarios - in fact previously traits worked and now don't. No biggie - in multiplayer I think they need rebuilding/redesigning anyway and I'm sure these are disabled while they are worked on by the team. Thank you for the work you are putting in - no criticism from me. Just hoping to see these up and running in a future patch when ready.

3. As I've said before - I only really play multiplayer and I'm putting in several hours each day. Fast learning curve. One thought - slot size is a really really useful tool. My opponent and I have found that air attacks get a bit tedious - and air units are cheap. Battlefields saturated by tac bombers adds just too much noise. I know we can play around with airfield placement and in theory take air out altogether but as a designer I don't want to do that. I want to make the decisions around the purchase much more thought provoking. Our solution has been to substantially increase the slot size of aircraft which in a multiplayer environment suddenly makes the purchase option about more than just prestige cost. "Do I want another fighter, or actually would I prefer 2 infantry units on the ground?" This is achievable by fiddling with the units file and I'm ok with that - but maybe a multiplier option in the scenario options a bit like the random results modifier and the experience increase rate modifier would be useful? In other words for differing pre-built scenarios the designer could set certain types of unit to occupy more or less prestige slots via a modifier. Set air to 200 and suddenly all air units occupy twice the slot size without having to do manual changes to the units file each time which is relatively time consuming. Just a thought. Think it might be a useful tool.....

gw15
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gw15 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:45 pm

I think I'm confused. I downloaded the patch from My Page. I extract it which creates 2 files:
.01.01.01.2 Type=2files
.01.01.01 type =application

I run the application and it appears to update but it never does. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: It appears that your hard drive has to have enough space to run the update which is 8GB(?) by itself or the installer just closes without a message.
Last edited by gw15 on Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tassadar
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Tassadar » Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 pm

- Added hero images for US, GB, RU, IT, HU, RO factions. Heroes of other factions will display a generic hero image
Signs of DLC to come? In any case, great that smaller nations are getting some love here. :)

adiekmann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by adiekmann » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm

I know you said you are "really close" to announcing the first DLCs, but can you give us a hint at what that means? Like by next couple of days, next week, by end of month, etc.

Really biting at the bit waiting in anticipation!

Thanks!

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Catacol wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Very pleased with the alterations within the scenario builder. Glad to see default experience now works, like the experience gain tweaks, like the purchase equipment option - like the gameplay changes. Nothing in all this not to like. Like the ability to empty the map and redeploy all units too in multiplayer.

3 thoughts going forward:

1. I like the move to increasing kills for suppressing units -
2. Customisable player options like traits and heroes not working in custom multiplayer scenarios.

3. This is achievable by fiddling with the units file and I'm ok with that - but maybe a multiplier option in the scenario options a bit like the random results modifier and the experience increase rate modifier would be useful? In other words for differing pre-built scenarios the designer could set certain types of unit to occupy more or less prestige slots via a modifier. Set air to 200 and suddenly all air units occupy twice the slot size...

"...without having to do manual changes to the units file each time which is relatively time consuming. Just a thought. Think it might be a useful tool".....
I'm 'No-Fiddle-Diddle-Bug'... when it comes to what you are doing and or attempting to do... but, if I was in your situation... I would prefer to have a 'Multi-Player-Unit Adjustment-statistics Design Centre '... or something like that!.

Here!... you would no-longer need to mess with... getting into 'units-files' or whatever to make alterations to existing stats... but,... instead... go-to this 'Unit Adjustment Control Centre'... and make all of your preferred adjustments right there and then with great-ease!... without all of the otherwise stressful-complicated-hassel!.

It's called 'Simplify' the tedium... meaning now to use the K.I.S.S.-Principle... or... in other words... "Keep It Simple Stupid"!.

voxr
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by voxr » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:11 am

A bit late; but some feedback on the patch.

I completed my first run under the old rules; just started my second (up to Norway South) on the new patch.

Recon & artillery/strategic bombers (more so on artillery) seem way overtuned now. I started Danzig with 1 Sdkfz 222 and ended it with 3 stars, and on Bug River I bought another.

Result being that I finished Poland with 1 recon on 4 stars & the other at close to 2. At this rate I will conceivably have 1 Panzer (through conversion) on max experience at the start of Barbarossa, with another prepped probably by Kiev or Typhoon at the latest.

If I had played more slowly I could have ended up with even more experience on the recons through bombardment and not assaulting but I underestimated the speed of my own advance and finished Bug River on 15 instead of 20.

Under the current rules it would seem the most efficient way to gain experience would be to start them off as a Panzer, get Steamroller, convert to Recon, farm to 5999 experience, convert back to Panzer/AT/AA, deal 1 damage, and voila, 5 star unit. Note that this will only grow as Poland/Norway is a very slow start with regards to number of enemies, so on the Eastern Front I imagine it will only take me 3/4 scenarios at most (and that's with Slow Modernisation & Retrograde selected, so I can only spare 1 upgrade for non-essential purposes every deployment)

Not sure if this has anything to do with my playstyle; where positioning allows I've been splitting my artillery for bombardment to deal with Trench Slog; so conceivably I've been doubling experience gain for the recon since I assume they get a flat 50 experience whether or not the unit they are 'assisting' is split.

My sole Pioniere also has a full star at the start of Norway, though this could conceivably be due to a change in playstyle (playing with self imposed limits to only capture equipment I want to use; kills otherwise). On my previous campaign with a heavy focus on captures (so I was actively trying to do as little damage as possible) I only got the first star on Pionieres (though I had 2 then and had to split the load) at Kiev.

With regards to artillery, on Bug River I reduced, over 2 turns, Polish engineers sitting on Warsaw from full strength & entrenchment to 6 (!) through nothing but bombardment (brought a He 111 and 2 sFH; and that's with Trench Slog) as well. These 3 units were all green (no stars) though I did end the scenario with all of them over 1.

Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:47 am

As long as you use their ability Recon level up way too fast!

rafdobrowolski
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by rafdobrowolski » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Finally got around to downloading and installing the game today. Do you all know if I download the patch from May 26th, 2020, do I still need to download and install the hot fix from April 24th, 2020?

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:11 pm

rafdobrowolski wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm
Finally got around to downloading and installing the game today. Do you all know if I download the patch from May 26th, 2020, do I still need to download and install the hot fix from April 24th, 2020?
I'm no expert but if you've only downloaded the game today, then I'd imagine any updates and hotfixes upto this date would be included. At least thats how every other Steam game has worked for me.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

OldFocker
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OldFocker » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 pm

Problem is when I updated from the intro screen it downloaded an earlier version than what I already have! It informed me there was an update so I downloaded and installed it, and only realised it had gone back to 1.09 when my game saves wouldn't load and crashed out, then I saw the version at the bottom of the menu screen. Hmmm...guess I can't trust it to reliably inform me there's an update! Now it's downloading 1.01.01.

It would be helpful if an update only page was available so we could see and download the latest version by release date.

blancot
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by blancot » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Can't wait to see what the first DLCs will be! I'm going to guess 'Grand Campaign'
snaptube vidmate word to pdf

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”