Add transport for existing artillery without it?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Add transport for existing artillery without it?

Post by OldFocker »

Is there a way to give transport to artillery which is already on the field of play? Can't find anything in the rulebook or a means of doing so on-screen. If I purchase transport alone how do I link it with a gun that is already present?
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Add transport for existing artillery without it?

Post by Horseman »

OldFocker wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:56 pm Is there a way to give transport to artillery which is already on the field of play? Can't find anything in the rulebook or a means of doing so on-screen. If I purchase transport alone how do I link it with a gun that is already present?
You need to get the artillery onto a supply hex in an urban hex (village, town or city) and then upgrade it to add transport
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

Thanks. Yes, that works. I'd have thought it also possible to purchase transport then move it to the artillery, but I guess not.
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

OldFocker wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:16 pm Thanks. Yes, that works. I'd have thought it also possible to purchase transport then move it to the artillery, but I guess not.
Yeah that's not possible
KesaAnna
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by KesaAnna »

Time for a funny ( ? ) anecdote ;

Getting my hands on three units of 15 cm artillery , towed by half - tracks , was priority number one. And then I had to squeeze in a Nebelwerfer towed by half- tracks , because I'm just bonkers about Nebelwerfers.

So I have already invested substantially in the artillery.

So I didn't get around to buying a 21 cm Mrs 18 until the Palestine scenario. I had been eyeing it covetously for a long time . I was excited to be buying it. I was pre - occupied ; " Can I really afford this ?! " " Is this really a best buy ?! "

I sucked in a breathe , crossed my fingers , and hit the purchase button. Then I deployed it , and hit the end deployment button.

It was only then that I noticed I had not purchased any tractors for my shiny new artillery toy. :shock:

My shiny new artillery toy could only move one hex per turn.

It was a looooong hike to Jerusalem to buy some transport.

I imagined 15 to 30 men tugging on ropes , pulling their artillery pieces down the road and over hills , and cursing the quartermaster all the way to Jerusalem.
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

KesaAnna wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 pm Time for a funny ( ? ) anecdote ;

Getting my hands on three units of 15 cm artillery , towed by half - tracks , was priority number one. And then I had to squeeze in a Nebelwerfer towed by half- tracks , because I'm just bonkers about Nebelwerfers.

So I have already invested substantially in the artillery.

So I didn't get around to buying a 21 cm Mrs 18 until the Palestine scenario. I had been eyeing it covetously for a long time . I was excited to be buying it. I was pre - occupied ; " Can I really afford this ?! " " Is this really a best buy ?! "

I sucked in a breathe , crossed my fingers , and hit the purchase button. Then I deployed it , and hit the end deployment button.

It was only then that I noticed I had not purchased any tractors for my shiny new artillery toy. :shock:

My shiny new artillery toy could only move one hex per turn.

It was a looooong hike to Jerusalem to buy some transport.

I imagined 15 to 30 men tugging on ropes , pulling their artillery pieces down the road and over hills , and cursing the quartermaster all the way to Jerusalem.
:lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”