Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Post Reply
corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to get everyone's ideas and thoughts on things we can add to the game and make it even better than it is already, in saying that I've put things together that I think could be cool and possible to add! I hope the devs read this and decide to add or explore implementing some of these ideas and also I would love to hear their opinions to these suggestions also!

Current ideas and concepts.

Skirmish mode ideas
- ability to customise and edit enemy fleet ships and load outs (ammunition etc)
- Ability to not have a 8,000 limit or ship limit to enable bigger and more challenging and longer fights.
- The ability to possibly jump your ships in the middle of the enemy fleet as seen in the series. (Surprising attack)
- More ships and also newer ships, munitions,

DLC Ideas
- introduction of the Valkyrie, Pegasus, Columbia or other canon battlestars
- Ability to have non integrated computer systems that aren't exploitable by Cylons.
- Experimental stealth technologies which can include vipers, battlestars, munitions.
- New campaign relating to after the first cylon war, creating of newer battlestars and other technologies, leading up to the 2nd cylon war.

Other ideas;

- the ability to create your own missions such as; patrolling the armistice line and engaging in missions to create new technology or testing developmental technology against cylon forces over the armistice line.
- Defending the colonies against a all out war started by the cylons which could lead to significant colonial defences being weakened, and must regroup the remaining battlestars and their fleets for a counter attack repelling them from the home worlds.
- Ability to create more in depth skirmish mission and objectives, such as where the cylon fleet is and what it's defending. position, strength, numbers, object itself, possibility of reinforcements coming of a signal is able to get out, ability to jam all communications in which can create an overall decrease in all systems if jamming signal is used or researched etc.
- I would love more visual affects for ships that are taking more damage such as flight pods on fire when hanger bays are offline and have damage, have the ability to vent the compartments to space and in term risk losing men and effective people thus reducing some abilities of the ship or key areas. Risk the fire spreading or sending fire teams in to stop fire and repair damage are all possibilities also and would be awesome to see implemented in game.
- Possible cylon infiltrators aboard ships that can potentially damage, or cripple ships defences.


Thanks for reading, Corby.

fisher2000
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by fisher2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm

corby1909 wrote:Hello everyone!

I just wanted to get everyone's ideas and thoughts on things we can add to the game and make it even better than it is already, in saying that I've put things together that I think could be cool and possible to add! I hope the devs read this and decide to add or explore implementing some of these ideas and also I would love to hear their opinions to these suggestions also!

Current ideas and concepts.

Skirmish mode ideas
- ability to customise and edit enemy fleet ships and load outs (ammunition etc)
- Ability to not have a 8,000 limit or ship limit to enable bigger and more challenging and longer fights.
- The ability to possibly jump your ships in the middle of the enemy fleet as seen in the series. (Surprising attack)
- More ships and also newer ships, munitions,

DLC Ideas
- introduction of the Valkyrie, Pegasus, Columbia or other canon battlestars
- Ability to have non integrated computer systems that aren't exploitable by Cylons.
- Experimental stealth technologies which can include vipers, battlestars, munitions.
- New campaign relating to after the first cylon war, creating of newer battlestars and other technologies, leading up to the 2nd cylon war.

Other ideas;

- the ability to create your own missions such as; patrolling the armistice line and engaging in missions to create new technology or testing developmental technology against cylon forces over the armistice line.
- Defending the colonies against a all out war started by the cylons which could lead to significant colonial defences being weakened, and must regroup the remaining battlestars and their fleets for a counter attack repelling them from the home worlds.
- Ability to create more in depth skirmish mission and objectives, such as where the cylon fleet is and what it's defending. position, strength, numbers, object itself, possibility of reinforcements coming of a signal is able to get out, ability to jam all communications in which can create an overall decrease in all systems if jamming signal is used or researched etc.
- I would love more visual affects for ships that are taking more damage such as flight pods on fire when hanger bays are offline and have damage, have the ability to vent the compartments to space and in term risk losing men and effective people thus reducing some abilities of the ship or key areas. Risk the fire spreading or sending fire teams in to stop fire and repair damage are all possibilities also and would be awesome to see implemented in game.
- Possible cylon infiltrators aboard ships that can potentially damage, or cripple ships defences.


Thanks for reading, Corby.
I like some of your ideas but I have to disagree with the Valkyrie and Pegasus being added to the game as this game is based in the first cylon war and I already have a massive issue with the fact that out of the four different battlestars we saw... only one was post war (Pegasus). In my opinion the valkyrie should not have been in B&C but it is.. so I deal with it. My head canon says that it was a brand new ship at the time of B&C.

What I would want to see is the Jupiter class at the time of B&C. loose the extra arms and slap gun batteries all over her. Also darken her hull to that nice metal grey. ;)

About content post first cylon war, it would not make sense canonically because the cylons was not seen for over 40 years.
Slitherine and Black Lab Games have earned my trust so what I would like to see is a full on RTS in The first cylon war.

The rest of your Ideas are on point though some really good stuff here.

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by Shards » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm

corby1909 wrote: Skirmish mode ideas
- ability to customise and edit enemy fleet ships and load outs (ammunition etc)
This just arrived in today's Patch :D

corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 pm

I read that it was coming but wasn't sure on how far the customisation went! Looking forward to it!

corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

fisher2000 wrote: What I would want to see is the Jupiter class at the time of B&C. loose the extra arms and slap gun batteries all over her. Also darken her hull to that nice metal grey. ;)
I couldn't agree more, seeing the Galactica on B&C was pure sexiness.. and seeing it on deadlock like that would be awesome.

corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:03 pm

I would also love to see mod support for the game, as I know a lot of people want it but also it'll add so much more to the game allowing mod support.

Talan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by Talan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:30 pm

the game play is great. One thing I think would make for better game play is being able to attack Cylon Bases/resources affecting their ship building capabilities and hopefully a future option of being able to land troops to take and hold or station troops on a planet.
I believe the Battlestar classes Artemis & Jupiter need to have more a bit more hull strength, armor, and weapons due to their current point values.
a second missile slot added to battlestars
Would like to see other Battlestar classes added as well.
Ship points should be lowered example Jupiter is 2050 point should be just even 1900 or 2000.
When flak is turn on vipers should be able to avoid the side the flak is active on.
just some thoughts.

Maddogs1989
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:38 am

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by Maddogs1989 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am

As it stands right now The Battlestars don't need to be buffed. 3 Jupiter's can take out 5 Basestars and a cerberus

Haveatya
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by Haveatya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:35 am

I agree the vipers have a bad tendency to enter flak nets. I believe that strike craft should avoid friendly flak, even so far as to not follow enemy fighters into them. Maybe a toggleable "Avoid Friendly Flak".

Battlestars have decent durability by stats, they just get rapidly focused by entire Cylon fleets, giving them an observed weakness.

More ship designs is always appreciated, and more ships deployable would also be appreciated.

corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 pm

I hope the ability to not have 4,000 or 8,000 ship cap can be removed to have more bigger engagements... even the ability to have civilian ships in your fleet that could serve as possible boosts to the entire fleet. And the ability to have higher ranking admirals or commanders in the skirmish modes would also be a good feature for more replayability.

ShadowGriffon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by ShadowGriffon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 am

I would like to see a few things:
1. Crew training. Some sort of mechanic whereby your crew improves.
2. Expanded officer(s) feature. Allow certain lower rank officers to stand out such as a ship's engineer, CAG, squad leaders (maybe certain individual pilots), marine commanders, individual ship captains, etc. Training these may be cumbersome, but certain officer's standing out with specific bonuses for certain things would be a nice feature.
3. Naming ships. Being able to name your own ships would be a nice feature.
4. Maintaining Squadron assignments after a mission. Instead of assigning viper groups for each battle, having the option to maintain assigned squadrons would be a time saving feature.
5. Colonial Boarding Parties. If the cylons can board ships, so should colonials. If it requires creation of troop transports or some such to enable it, so be it.
6. New Missions. Planetary orbital bombardments, support of invasions, etc.
7. New ship types of all classes.
8. Expand the timeline in future expansions. Pre-cylon intracolonial warfare, lead your colony to victory over another! Second Cylon War scenarios, including what ifs would be nice too.

corby1909
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by corby1909 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 am

I agree with basically all of what you'd like to see added do to the game. I hope the dev's take all of these ideas and put them all in the game because the game would really benefit from it all.

drrowley
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by drrowley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:49 am

Been watching some episodes of 'Chris’s rival zone gaming', (YouTube); this was for some playing tips and what he thought of the game. In episode 59, he finishes the game with some criticisms. one of the criticisms are the story line, or at least the script acting of the story line. Both in Battlestar and Star Hammer, the script acting is nothing but irritating.

Physics: yes, both are just games, but, why isn't there pitch and roll; and if ships go upside down, will everything fall out? (What is upside down or even down for that matter, in space?) Ship’s speed up and slow down almost instantaneously, but then why can't they stop? Reverse? In Battlestar, what is the meaning of weapon’s range? if they are kinetic weapons, how is there any range limit at all; (meaning in space)? Jumping from system to system, why can’t a ship jump between Helicon – Kneesos? Isn't jumping between known star systems? Why isn’t there a target tracking command? Since there is a movement template, a ship could move within the template to keep the target in the guns, if possible; like the vipers and raiders.

Military always have some kind of an officer’s manual(s) that would help explain tactics and more on how the equipment/weapons work. Shouldn’t the ‘blue prints’ have more information, like better explanation of weapons systems, including how much the weapons can be raised and lowered; (of course, with roll and pitch, it wouldn’t matter). Where is the Cylon invasion entry (Zeus)? or can they come from anywhere? How are they generated or financed?

Others: in all command windows, one can cancel a command, except building ships. Make accidental wrong selection and canceling cost Ty’. Map needs better planet separation; it is sometimes hard to see what ships are around what planet… Retreat shouldn’t cost so much... Hit run tactics are rather fun and an actual military tactic. BGS and SH just wants a slug fest, something the AI can handle.

In games like Armada, Distant Worlds, Star Trek, ect.. their combat systems are 2d?? How cartoonish, even 80ish… In the final BSG script, it sounds like there is a ‘2’ planned. It would be different if BSG2 could be in a Distant World type environment, a universe, with other races. In the late 70s’, a board game (sorta), call ‘Star War 2250’, (before Lucas’s Star Wars’), was published. It had a very interesting combat system (true 3D and better physics) and universe rules. All ways wondered why it never became a computer game.

AWDAJ
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by AWDAJ » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 pm

In glad to see another thread with more ideas being posted. I felt like I was the only one posting in the feedback thread.

My ideas for the game involve training, war support, morale and story mission pre-requisite.

Training

I would to be able to order my fleet to conduct wargames at the cost of tylium and turns. This results in some admiral experience but also ship experience, ie the crew of each ship gain experience which adds bonuses to accuracy etc. This fleet would be unusable until the training is complete, so 1 to 2 turns. Also more admiral upgrade options. Experience gained can be lost through attrition with each turn, ie crew replacements with rookies etc, ( not too sure about this one though)

War support and morale

I know if cylons occupy a planet eventually that planet withdraws its support and resources etc unless the player has an officer to 'fortify' it. With war support there be an overall effect in all colonies, raising and lowering support based on fleet victories and losses. Morale likewise is affected by fleet success and failures however morale effects your fleets only. When a fleet is wins a battle it boosts that fleets morale and bonuses, it also raises the morale of all fleets. Having the opposite effect if that fleet loses. Morale can be boosted through training.

Story mission pre-requisite

In the campaign I was able to go from one story mission to the next with one fleet very quickly which kind of destroys the point of build many fleets and defending the colonies. So I thought between each story mission there should be random objectives set before moving on. For example, clearing the helios alpha of cylon occupation, having at least 3 fleets in two systems, ensure you have at 8 colonies of the quorum support, secure vital strategic resources for the war effort/next major operstion, liberate caprica. Just a few ideas there.

As a final note. Something I've always asked for is customizable capital ships but with a cost. So if I want more armour on my Artemis it would sacrifice the flak defence or more cannons but less armour etc etc

What do you guys think?

AWDAJ
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock ideas / concepts to add

Post by AWDAJ » Sat May 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Talan wrote:the game play is great. One thing I think would make for better game play is being able to attack Cylon Bases/resources affecting their ship building capabilities and hopefully a future option of being able to land troops to take and hold or station troops on a planet.
I believe the Battlestar classes Artemis & Jupiter need to have more a bit more hull strength, armor, and weapons due to their current point values.
a second missile slot added to battlestars
Would like to see other Battlestar classes added as well.
Ship points should be lowered example Jupiter is 2050 point should be just even 1900 or 2000.
When flak is turn on vipers should be able to avoid the side the flak is active on.
just some thoughts.
I agree with having the ability to attack the cylon bases maybe landing troops or garrisoning planets. That could be cool

Post Reply

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”