Flight pod issue and some suggestions

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
SZIRK
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Flight pod issue and some suggestions

Post by SZIRK »

First of all thank you for the game. It is full of good ideas and the BSG feel is strongly present in it. It is definitely fun to play. Thank you for your work.

There is a minor issue when a Jupiter Class jumps in and opens its flight pods. The ship name textures are immediately in opened positions floating in space (you can see this on the attached screenshot). They are somehow left out from the otherwise cool flight pod animation. This looks really odd, thus it should be fixed. After all this is the Jupiter Class. :)

Related to this I have a suggestion. It would be cool if we had the opportunity to open and close the flight pods manually because they are iconic elements of Jupiter Class battlestars. Perhaps this option could have some tactical influence. I assume Jupiter Class battlestars retract their flight pods before FTL jumps because of better structural integrity. That means that the ship is actually stronger, at least at the sides, when pods are closed. That could be a tactical opportunity at the cost that the vipers are unable to land. Of course, it should not affect the launch of vipers since Galactica launched vipers with closed flight pods during the “Adama Maneuver”. The retrievable flight pods might also have a role in connection with the emergency jump, which according to the roadmap is on the radar.

Keep up the good work.
So say we all!
Attachments
Flight Pod Issue.jpg
Flight Pod Issue.jpg (326.39 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flight pod issue and some suggestions

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback but sorry I'm not understanding the issue?
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by GHawkins »

IainMcNeil wrote:Thanks for the feedback but sorry I'm not understanding the issue?

I circled the issue in red. It's on the front of the flight pod.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
SZIRK

Post by SZIRK »

I am sorry I was not clear enough. I’m trying to phrase it more precisely. When a Jupiter Class Battlestar jumps in, the flight pods are in retracted position as they should be. However the ship’s white registry text on the flight pod is already in an extended position, immediately after the ship jumps in at the start of the mission. As a result, the text is “floating” in space, until the flight pods are fully extended, and the ship’s hull reaches the white text (the ship’s name). I recorded a video about the issue, but unfortunately I cannot add the URL to this reply. If it’s needed, I can send the URL in PM.
SZIRK

Post by SZIRK »

Thank you Ghawkins for highlighting the issue on the picture!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ahh ok I see - will pass it on!

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”