Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #21 'Resurrection'

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #21 'Resurrection'

Post by AlbertoC »

4. The Lord of the Hunt rode with snakes twin of fang.
5. Because of them, His sister refused, for their venom made Her prey inedible.
6. “Why do you not hunt with us?” asked the brother. “The game is fair, and the exercise vigorous.”
7. Artemis held her brother in contempt. “The nature of the long hunt is survival. The envenomed meat you bring is waste.
8. “Cavort with devils, and yours will be famine while others find abundance.”
- Book of Dodona 21:4-8

Hopefully, by now, you are all caught up on our announcement for Resurrection , the new DLC that kicks off Season Two and will be released at the same time as the Command Update . (If you haven’t seen it yet, go check out the announcement here). As well as a new campaign set 3 years after the events of Sin & Sacrifice, Resurrection features a number of new ship designs. In this dev diary, we’ll talk about two of the new ships that will be available.

Colonial Jupiter MkII Battlestar

As the Cylon War has progressed, both Colonial and Cylon technology has advanced. When launched, the Jupiter-class battlestars represented the pinnacle of Colonial warship design.
However, with the war entering its tenth year, advancements in Cylon technology meant a new and upgraded iteration of the Jupiter was required.

The Jupiter MkII has a redesigned hull that should look instantly familiar to anyone who has seen the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica TV-series - although due to being freshly launched from the shipyards, it’s still sporting all of its armour.
Improvements in FTL technology mean that 2 pylons are sufficient to hold the flight pods, instead of the 3 required by the original Jupiter. The armour plating is stronger, the weapons loadout has been upgraded, and she’s also sporting an additional utility squadron slot.

Cylon Vespid Bomber Squadron

The Cylons continue to invent new methods to remove Colonial Fleet from the skies over the Twelve Colonies. The Vespid bomber is their latest attack vector, and introduces a new mechanic into the game...bombing runs.
Vespids are armed with high impact close-range armaments. A squadron of Vespids will be given a capital ship to target, and then move in close and release its payload. The results are pretty unpleasant for anyone unlucky enough to be on the ship they attack.

Gif by SirWagglepuss

That’s a quick look into two of the new ships that will be available in Resurrection, which will be available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 29.
BossDos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #21 'Resurrection'

Post by BossDos »

Thanks Guys for your awesome work and the love you keep putting into Deadlock.
You've done great work so far and this needs to be praised.

I can't wait for the moment when you walk threw the blast door into Galactica's CIC and here the Officer of the Watch say "Attention! Admiral on Deck!", because at this Point and Time, we earned it. We earned the right to be called Admiral, we commanded the Daidalos for the first years of the war, we fought alongside Admiral Cain, not the most liked but definitely one of the most skilled admirals in the entire History of Colonial Fleet, as her XO.
With her loss and our own shining war record, there is no one better to be the Admiral of Colonial Fleet.

Also, I would love to see a more living CIC, let there please be Officers around us in the CIC, Sam Agathon as our own XO, perhaps a young Bill Adama as our CAG, which can give us Advice and get to say a few lines.
That would be cool.

And I personally have made my mind up, that we already know, besides never getting a name for the Commander, I for myself decided that we play as one of the most decorated People of Colonial Fleet, a hero that fell in the second Cylon War, while commanding a Counterattack with only four Battlestars at his side.
We are a young Admiral Nagala and as him, we will write Colonial History.

So say we all!

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”