Campaign and DLC

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
springel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Campaign and DLC

Post by springel »

I just learned about this game's existence, and used the sale to try the base game. Played the tutorials and started the campaign, first three missions, and I liked it so far, so before the sale ended I also bought all DLC. (I know, that is compulsive behaviour, should have quietly finished the base campaign first, but isn't that how wargamers roll?).

Is it now recommended to restart the campaign to get access to the DLC content, or is that dynamically added after the start?
DEFCONwon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Campaign and DLC

Post by DEFCONwon »

You need to start at the beginning for the campaign storylines. At the main menu, choose new campaign. You'll see a listing of options to play the base game, base game + broken alliance. Start there.
Once you've played through that, then Sin & Sacrifice and you'll have the option to continue your save from the original game. The same applies when you finish that and go on to Resurrection.

As for the ships in the Reinforcement pack dlc, I think they will show up in the game regardless. I could be wrong, but that's easy enough to see for sure. Pretty sure that's what I remember.
Numberyellow

Post by Numberyellow »

DEFCONwon wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 pm You need to start at the beginning for the campaign storylines. At the main menu, choose new campaign. You'll see a listing of options to play the base game, base game + broken alliance. Start there.
Once you've played through that, then Sin & Sacrifice and you'll have the option to continue your save from the original game. The same applies when you finish that and go on to Resurrection.

As for the ships in the Reinforcement pack dlc, I think they will show up in the game regardless. I could be wrong, but that's easy enough to see for sure. Pretty sure that's what I remember.
Don't forget about Anabasis, it takes place between the base campaign/broken alliance, and Sin & Sacrifice.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

Why Battlestar Galactica deadlock needs a Valkyrie in it the Video below Gives good reason for its Needed inclusion in the Game below enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmgkHq ... tion=share

Both the Minerva and Jupiter need more Point defence turrets the Minerva need 2 to 3 more each side and the Jupiter need the same.

if you have played the ghost fleet and used the Defender that has better Point defence than any Battlestar in Deadlock which is sad.

You can use the Defender as a good ship shredder when a battlestar should have this ability if not better.

The game needs a mode where you can play all the DLC as a full campaign mode all in chronological order.

This should give you any DLC ships made available earlier in the Campaign mode because in truth some ships would have been available earlier like the Defender and the Osiris Both usable long before Ghost fleet offensive.
SgtZdog
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SgtZdog »

Springel, if you want to play the Broken Alliance DLC, it's campaign is an addition onto the base campaign. So, for that you'll need to restart the base campaign. All of the others are new campaigns you'll begin anew anyway.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”