Cratus Class Basestar

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
yug1984
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Cratus Class Basestar

Post by yug1984 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Has anyone encountered a Cratus class Basestar, during resource missions of the resurrection campaign?

I'm over 100 turns into the Resurrection campaign, and have not encountered a Cratus class basestar outside of a story mission.

I've done variations of all 13 resource missions numerous times, completing atleast one resource mission every turn. For most of my 100 turns I've been at threat level 0 or level 1.

I noticed however that a mission called 'Names of the Dead' has only popped up twice in those 100 turns. The first time was very early, when story mission campaigns were increasing the Cylon threat level. The second was when I let the Cylon threat level get to 100%, so I could see what the effects of the different levels were.

My point in mentioning this is - I am wondering if 'Names of the Dead' only pops when the cylon threat level is high, and if so if Cratus only spawns in resource mission fleets when the Cylon threat level is high also?

Anyone else seen a Cratus?

Ghawkins
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Cratus Class Basestar

Post by Ghawkins » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:03 pm

There's plot points attached to the Cratus, which is why you've not seen it (yet).

That's all I can say on it without spoiling anything.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.

yug1984

Re: Cratus Class Basestar

Post by yug1984 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have completed the resurrection, then reloaded my save from before the last mission so that I can continue to play. I believe I know what you are referring to, which is why I asked about 'resource missions' rather than 'story missions'.

That being said, I think you are probably correct. I'm suppressing a twinge of disappointment though. I thought perhaps just as Basestars, and Argos class basestars appeared in story missions - but also random fleets/missions, that a Cratus class basestar would also.

30 seconds into the Spacedock Video sponsored by Slitherine on the Cratus Class , 'small numbers' (pluaral) of the design are refereed to as being deployed to the front lines of the first Cylon war, which made me think the design was not unique. The same video does say those ships are deployed to 'key engagements' which could be taken to mean one type of mission.

I asked the same question on Steam about whether anyone had seen one in a resource mission, and someone replied to say they had seen the Cratus during the 'Delete All' mission. I've done the mission numerous times, and have encountered different combinations of Cylon fleet in the process. None however have included a Cratus class vessel.

I'll keep experimenting with Cylon threat levels, and see what turns up. I'm sure I've another 100 turns or so in me until I get my 12 BSG's all to elite.

In the meantime, if anyone else reads this and can confirm a sighting of a Cratus in a resource mission – I'd love to know.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”