When to commit your general...

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

When to commit your general...

Post by dave_r » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Just had a cracking game tonight with a player whose name shall go unmentioned (but suffice to say he is organising the Derby Competition). Later Hungarians v Serbian.

I had some handgunners who had supported some shooting from Light Horse onto a BG of Knights. Because of the pop guns the Knights had gone disrupted, as a result they charged the LH and LF. My Handgunners threw a one and the Knights threw a six...

My esteemed opponent decided that it wasn't worth committing his general when he was at double plus against LF :roll:

He promptly threw a pair of twos and a six scoring one hit. Inevitably my LF threw double six and fragmented the Knights :)

The Knights broke a couple of turns later..... Moral of the story ... Commit generals to a winning fight....

After that, despite the best intentions of their commander in chief, the Serbians lurched to an 18-7 victory.
Evaluator of Supremacy

shadowdragon
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by shadowdragon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 am

grahambriggs wrote: Dave is correct.
iversonjm wrote: Dave is correct

Oh Good Lord, it's contagious.

MatthewP
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by MatthewP » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:02 am

You spawny git!

I once charged a bg of superior armoured cavalry into the rear of a protected cavalry bg. i moved the General away thinking he wasnt needed and promply rolled 4 twos, lost the combat and went disrupted. Never mind i thought i'm disruprted, he's disrupted, I'm armoured he's protected hah, I'll get him in the melee. Needless to say I lost, double dropped and routed.

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”