Romans at Belgarum - Game 4

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Romans at Belgarum - Game 4

Post by petedalby »

Game 4 on Sunday morning was vs Owain Simpson using Dailami. Owain’s army – IC plus Ally TC, 1 x 8 + 2 x 6 Avg Impact MF – prot, 5 x 6 Arm Sup Impact MF – all undrilled, 1 x 6 Avg Ghilmen, 1 x 4 Sup Undrilled Ghilmen – Ally, 1 x 2 Poor El and 1 x 12 Poor DefSp HF including LF – also Ally. So a break point of 12 but quite a fragile command structure.

I won initiative and chose Agricultural to minimise the terrain. Owain has a wonderful array of knitted terrain that Lynda Fairhurst would be proud of but I didn’t want too much of it on the table. I chose 2 open spaces and a coast. My coast isn’t the full 6 MU as I want to keep the threatened flank but know there will be no flank march. The gentle hill falls kindly for me but the Dailami have a reasonable amount of terrain to hide in.

This is deployment.

This time my camp is in a secure location. The Thracians are deployed behind the Legions who will echelon right allowing the Thracians to occupy the hill whilst the HF press the attack. My LH are sent off to delay the Ghilmen.

I think Owain viewed the game as a fairly poor match up for him and the hill and my FF probably didn’t help matters. I was still surprised to see most of the Dailami foot turn 180 degrees and starting going backwards. With just the IC and everything undrilled this was potentially quite risky.

As it was some Dailami were lured out in the centre by my LF which obliged the others to turn round to fight. I was a bit lax on the photos but my 2 right hand Legions have destroyed their opponents in short order and are heading back to the fray. The left hand Legion have also destroyed their opponents.

A highlight for Owain was 5 bases of MF throwing 5 6's to win a round of combat against the central Legion but with an IC and rear support they held firm.

Owain hurls some Superior Dailami at the Poor Legion with the allied cavalry arriving to deliver a rear charge. Fortunately for me Owains’ centre collapsed before the charge could be delivered. Another 35-0 for Rome.
Pete

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”