New solutions for old problems

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
sull51
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

New solutions for old problems

Post by sull51 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 am

Back in April 2010 I complained about computer AI setup and the inability to create unequal forces

"A quick solution to the deployment problem would be to allow the player to switch sides in order to do AI setup.
Also allowing a save would allow for the game with particular armies and forces to be played from either side
Another solution would be to have four random setups (left, center, right, and spread out like it is now)
Another related problem is the inability to generate unequal forces. Unless I use the scenario editor the program will always add additional points to the weaker army. With poor AI deployment and equal forces I never loose to the AI."

Will the above complaints be addressed in the new game

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: New solutions for old problems

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:56 am

sull51 wrote:Back in April 2010 I complained about computer AI setup and the inability to create unequal forces

"A quick solution to the deployment problem would be to allow the player to switch sides in order to do AI setup.
Also allowing a save would allow for the game with particular armies and forces to be played from either side
Another solution would be to have four random setups (left, center, right, and spread out like it is now)
Another related problem is the inability to generate unequal forces. Unless I use the scenario editor the program will always add additional points to the weaker army. With poor AI deployment and equal forces I never loose to the AI."

Will the above complaints be addressed in the new game
The AI deployment is much more sophisticated than in FOG1. As is the AI. You can generate unequal forces using the advanced settings in the skirmish setup.

You can also play hotseat if you want.

There are 6 difficulty levels which work by varying the points value of the opposing sides.

The preset scenarios can be played from either side, but that in fact entails the game including two versions of the scenario, one for each side. You can't save a skirmish and play it from either side, but you can set up skirmishes with the same parameters from either side, though the map will not be the same.
Richard Bodley Scott

Adraeth
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Adraeth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Concerning AI deployment (and AI plans during battle), from my P&S and SJ experience, i can confirm that the AI is really really sophisticated and it is one of the best, if not THE best, AI i found in game from the times of old old old SSI battles of napoleon for DOS

Jafele
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jafele » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Adraeth wrote:Concerning AI deployment (and AI plans during battle), from my P&S and SJ experience, i can confirm that the AI is really really sophisticated and it is one of the best, if not THE best, AI i found in game from the times of old old old SSI battles of napoleon for DOS
Sure! Probably THE best.

Return to “Field of Glory II”