How tough is the AI?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Bombax
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

How tough is the AI?

Post by Bombax » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:45 am

Just wondering how much of a challenge the AI is providing during the Beta test phase, specially at the middle-to-higher settings?
Is the challenge similar to that in Sengoku and P&S, or markedly different?
Any thoughts/observations would be very welcome.

Ta,
Bombax :)

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: How tough is the AI?

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:01 pm

The beta testers have signed an NDA so probably won't be able to comment here prior to release.

My own view is that the AI is at least as challenging an opponent as in Pike and Shot/Sengoku Jidai.

My impression after many test games is that the AI is slightly more effective overall, although it does depend on the matchup.

Of course, I would say that, wouldn't I? But I do genuinely believe it.

What I will say is that the force-ratios in random map battles for the different difficulty levels are exactly the same as in Sengoku Jidai. We did not feel the need to tweak them to make the game more challenging.
Richard Bodley Scott

Bombax
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Bombax » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:10 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:The beta testers have signed an NDA so probably won't be able to comment here prior to release.
Ah right, fair enough.
rbodleyscott wrote:My own view is that the AI is at least as challenging an opponent as in Pike and Shot/Sengoku Jidai.
My impression after many test games is that the AI is slightly more effective overall, although it does depend on the matchup.
Of course, I would say that, wouldn't I? But I do genuinely believe it.
What I will say is that the force-ratios in random map battles for the different difficulty levels are exactly the same as in Sengoku Jidai. We did not feel the need to tweak them to make the game more challenging.
Thanks Richard, sounds good!

Cheers,
Bombax.

Latro
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Latro » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Still not very clear, to me, what the difficulty level does.

Does it give modifying bonusses to the AI in morale or does the enemy get to have more units?

Latro

Post by Latro » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh, never mind. The answer is in the new thread.
Good that the stats are not boosted or lowered!

Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm

The ai is commendable and at least tries to give a challenge. There are some armies you are going to destroy the ai with and there are some armies the ai is going to do very well with. It does very well with elephants and legions. Fair with cavalry and skirmishers. Haven't gotten to the pikes yet, they are next tomorrow. It looks to be a very fun ancient chess match using various pieces to closely represent historical flavor. I think the multiplayer feature is going to be the best part about it. I've always enjoyed a good chess match.

Return to “Field of Glory II”