Request for extra “Advanced Options”

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Request for extra “Advanced Options”

Post by Hoplite1963 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:19 am

I have watched quite a few of the YouTube videos for the game now and think there are a couple of tweaks that could be added into the “advance options” choices that could improve the visual appeal of the game. I am sure it is too late to add these for the release version but perhaps they could feature in the next major update.

First off while the information is handy I find having information markers under (none selected) units and having the tile they are on change colour during the game to indicate if they are in command range takes away from effect of the games 3D environment. Know these effects are there to supply information but perhaps the option to “Turn off info under none selected units” could be added in.

Secondly (and I accept this might be more difficult to implement) the large banners stuck in the ground for all units are a bit of a distraction for me. Again I know they convey a lot of information but think the visual effect of the game would be enhanced if the option to “Turn off banners for units without leaders” was made available. This would also make it very quick to identify where leaders are when your zoomed right out and in top down mode.

Sure this is going to be an all time great game in any event. I suspect that the extra level of detail in the units models and the ability to zoom in that little bit closer to see it will attract unit skin moding in the way that has happened with the “T...l W..r” series and the related shad lodes of user created content that flowed from that. What is the file format used for the unit texture files by the way, and any chance we could have a sample unit texture file made available for download and inspection in advance of the game launch?

Roll on October 12th

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Request for extra “Advanced Options”

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for your suggestions Ian
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”