Edited Thread (Check fog 2 Discord)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
lapdog666
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Edited Thread (Check fog 2 Discord)

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm

EDIT : it seems fog2 has its own official discord channel, so no need for steam group. link to discord : https://discord.gg/nQZRHsk
Last edited by lapdog666 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: MultiPlayer Group (Check if interested)

Post by devoncop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Great suggestion. Will try and sign up later tonight.
Cheers

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by 76mm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 pm

I played multiplayer quite a bit (for a while) in FOG I and hope to do so in FOG II, but am not a big fan of Steam. What is the benefit of having these discussions etc. on Steam instead of on this forum or some other means?

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 pm

76mm wrote:I played multiplayer quite a bit (for a while) in FOG I and hope to do so in FOG II, but am not a big fan of Steam. What is the benefit of having these discussions etc. on Steam instead of on this forum or some other means?

i dont mind it not being steam, just not sure which other website would be better ,except maybe discord or something. but since game is comming out on steam and steam is popular i thought it was convenient

regarding discussions, they do not come in a rigid form of "Steam group thread X,y" , its more the fact that people who play together alot or often get to experiment with things more, closed group,activity,notifications ,trust,always something happening

i remmember being in a Europa Barbarorum hamachi network, there was always always something going on , always was someone discussing tactics or "this is OP" with someone else etc. on this forum its not possible in exactly that manner .nooone except few people are gonna wait with their forum page opened whole day to get to instantly replay to someone's thread/question/statement

another thing about steam is Steam Friend list. you get to see and pretty easily memorize all those people and always have a handful of them for either game,chat about the game or organizing some tournament or something similar. keeping in touch = activity
even seeing someone starting up FOG2 in the bottom right hand corner of the steam screen means you are gona think " should i pm him and play with him?"
then you give your friend Jack steam profile of your friend Kenny and Kenny gives Jack's profile to your friend Jimmy and it expands FOG2 manpower

if there was an instant chat on this forum section that would be enough for me to ditch steam almost
cos you cant just fill the forum with threads like " hey guys lets play in 20 minutes" or "hey that battle was fun, where is Stan? "

now i am not saying this forum should be abandoned cos 'steam is superior ' or something. far from it . game needs its official forum/website and it needs the slow,hard discussions about various topics that are happening on this forum , it would be very bad if this forum died out , and i believe steam groups would boost forum activity even tho it seems counterintuitive because if ppl are on steam they are not here which is not true

to sum it up, steam has some sort of interconnectivity and activity booster which is really good for multiplayer

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by 76mm » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:02 pm

OK, maybe I'll check it out sooner or later, let's see how things go with the game and multiplayer first!

Return to “Field of Glory II”