Army composition + allied troops

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Army composition + allied troops

Post by Scutarii » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 am

I really like FOG 2, the improvements compared with all FOG are good but i feel that in the army composition FOG II is a little worst.

We have to much clone armies with same units that even have same colours... i think if we have same type of units in diferent armies at least they need have diferent colours.

Are very poor armies with only 3-4-5 different unit types to buy... and even in the armies with more options, unlike old FOG, are not option to buy same units with lower stats (less quality, less armor, no drilled versions...).

Where are the allied troops??? in manual talk about allied troops and allied commanders but you can buy them in army screen.

The commanders are automatic... you cant decide how many and what quality buy them but i dont have clear if the commanders are taxed in the buy points or not.

In general i think the army composition need be improved for at least the less option avaliable armies... maybe introduce allies??? or even the ability to buy mercenary units for a increased cost of the unit normal value.

lapdog666
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Army composition + allied troops

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 am

i agree. this is one of the things i dislike about fog 2. we dont need crazy unit rosters with 50 units each faction, but 20-30% more is necessary in my opinion

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 am

I did raise this issue in the beta, particularly for the early Italian armies that only had 4/5 different troop types. The explanation that I was given is that these few armies would lose their distinctiveness and become like other armies already in the list if more choices were offered. I was not completely convinced by this. I think these armies could have a few veteran troop types and maybe a few troop types with varying armour levels (if appropriate) to give more of a choice. I just wonder how often these armies will be used if they remain at 4/5 troop types.

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 am

stockwellpete wrote:I did raise this issue in the beta, particularly for the early Italian armies that only had 4/5 different troop types. The explanation that I was given is that these few armies would lose their distinctiveness and become like other armies already in the list if more choices were offered. I was not completely convinced by this. I think these armies could have a few veteran troop types and maybe a few troop types with varying armour levels (if appropriate) to give more of a choice. I just wonder how often these armies will be used if they remain at 4/5 troop types.
this

i dont know how realistic this is but i always wanted to to a certain degree customize my elite force , for example i 'd create center with elite units who would push center and my cav would follow up my infantry and attack left and right of the center (dont know how feasible that is in multiplayer , but at least its something specific a player can imagine and try to do with his customized veteran troops)

when i say customized i dont mean anything too crazy like rambo battalions, just slightly superior troops to the veteran troops

Mirek69
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Mirek69 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

Veteran and raw units are not present in any army. Check Roman Army...
My channel : www.youtube.com/user/Uszatek444/feed

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 am

lapdog666 wrote:
i dont know how realistic this is but i always wanted to to a certain degree customize my elite force , for example i 'd create center with elite units who would push center and my cav would follow up my infantry and attack left and right of the center (dont know how feasible that is in multiplayer , but at least its something specific a player can imagine and try to do with his customized veteran troops)

when i say customized i dont mean anything too crazy like rambo battalions, just slightly superior troops to the veteran troops
You can do this in a campaign when they increase their experience.

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 am

Mirek69 wrote:Veteran and raw units are not present in any army. Check Roman Army...
i guess what i meant to say is Crack/elite troops, better than 'superior' quality
or if that already exists, better than Elite , in any way, something expensive but deadly or endurable

Igorputski

Post by Igorputski » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 am

lapdog666 wrote:i agree. this is one of the things i dislike about fog 2. we dont need crazy unit rosters with 50 units each faction, but 20-30% more is necessary in my opinion
I disagree as when one gets further and further into the campaign he has more points to spend than he has units to buy. At this point I would like more selection of units to spend my points on. So 50 units each faction would be welcome to me. More unit types means more army type compositions. Either that or ramp up the quantity of units I can buy of certain types that are restricted to low quantities, Of course the win/lose routing factor would have to take this into account because the more units you have the more you have to rout as well.

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am

Igorputski wrote:
lapdog666 wrote:i agree. this is one of the things i dislike about fog 2. we dont need crazy unit rosters with 50 units each faction, but 20-30% more is necessary in my opinion
I disagree as when one gets further and further into the campaign he has more points to spend than he has units to buy. At this point I would like more selection of units to spend my points on. So 50 units each faction would be welcome to me. More unit types means more army type compositions. Either that or ramp up the quantity of units I can buy of certain types that are restricted to low quantities, Of course the win/lose routing factor would have to take this into account because the more units you have the more you have to rout as well.

i see

i was more thinking about custom/quick battles for multiplayer, forgot about the sp/mp campaign

Return to “Field of Glory II”