Bought on Steam Can I add to my list of registered games?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
flickjax
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Bought on Steam Can I add to my list of registered games?

Post by flickjax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Sorry silly question when I should be just playing the game at the moment.

Would like to add the game to my registered list but can't see a serial anywhere on steam?

Is this possible?

Thanks.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Bought on Steam Can I add to my list of registered games

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm

flickjax wrote:Sorry silly question when I should be just playing the game at the moment.

Would like to add the game to my registered list but can't see a serial anywhere on steam?

Is this possible?

Thanks.
If you bought the game on Slitherine/Matrix then your serial number is also your STEAM key.

Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way round. If you bought on STEAM I don't think you can register it on Slitherine/Matrix.

However, you don't need to because you won't need Slitherine updates as the STEAM version is updated automatically.

You don't need to register the game on Slitherine/Matrix to play MP, you just use your normal Slitherine/Matrix login - i.e. Username: flickjax, password: whatever your password is.
Richard Bodley Scott

Yogi the Great
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Yogi the Great » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 pm

I think I saw the answer would be no however Steam will update on their system and you will be able to do pbem. However wait for an answer from someone who really knows.

flickjax

Post by flickjax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:38 pm

cheers guys, its just me wanting to add it to my list ;)

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm

The way it works is that if you buy from us you get a serial which you can register here and use as a Steam key.

If you buy from Steam you get no key so cant register with us.

Wherever you buy you can play multiplayer. You just need to create an account and if you posted here you've already got one!

macccca
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by macccca » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 am

Hi, At the risk of hijacking the thread I'd like to ask a question. Having bought the game through Slitherine rather than Steam, then downloading the standalone executable, do I still have to run it through steam?

Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:24 am

macccca wrote:Hi, At the risk of hijacking the thread I'd like to ask a question. Having bought the game through Slitherine rather than Steam, then downloading the standalone executable, do I still have to run it through steam?
No, if you bought the Slitherine version direct from their store, you run separate from Steam. However, the key you did get from the store also allows you to use it within Steam, if you ever desired to do so, but not required.

Return to “Field of Glory II”