Quastion about Germanic tribes

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Sajuk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Quastion about Germanic tribes

Post by Sajuk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello,

at first my english is not really good.

I really like History and read many Books about the Germanic Tribes, like the Subi, Markromanen, Chatten and much more.
I have dl the game Manuel and read about, that here in the game we have a faction "Germanic foot tribe".

How many different units have this faction?
Is this a fully faction here or only a small one, because i have found no more information about the germanic in the manuel only from other factions.

And one more quastion, why they have no horse Units?
Julius Ceasar Horse units at the Galic was mostly Germanics mercenary.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Quastion about Germanic tribes

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Sajuk wrote:Hello,

at first my english is not really good.

I really like History and read many Books about the Germanic Tribes, like the Subi, Markromanen, Chatten and much more.
I have dl the game Manuel and read about, that here in the game we have a faction "Germanic foot tribe".

How many different units have this faction?
Is this a fully faction here or only a small one, because i have found no more information about the germanic in the manuel only from other factions.

And one more quastion, why they have no horse Units?
Julius Ceasar Horse units at the Galic was mostly Germanics mercenary.
The "Germanic Foot tribes" list covers those tribes you mentioned and others.

They do have cavalry, and they are very good quality but not particularly numerous. Most of the army, however, are foot warriors, because that is how they fought. Of course in the 3rd to 5th century AD more of the Germanic and Gothic tribes fought on horseback, but there will be other army lists for that period when we extend the game to cover it.

Here is a screenshot of their army list preview screen:
Attachments
German Foot Tribes.jpg
German Foot Tribes.jpg (158.71 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”