No points for dispersed units?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

No points for dispersed units?

Post by Strategiusz »

https://imgur.com/a/L9oso

If a unit, for example a chariot, can't rout (but I think it is break off after melee) they disperse (disappear) but the opponent doesn't get any break points. Is it a feature or a bug?
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: No points for dispersed units?

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

This is working as designed. Scythed chariots will disperse if they don't immediately break the enemy within impact and one melee round I believe. They are the only unit that this applies to.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

SnuggleBunnies wrote:This is working as designed. Scythed chariots will disperse if they don't immediately break the enemy within impact and one melee round I believe. They are the only unit that this applies to.
Yes. Scythed chariots are expendable and do not count towards rout %. All other dispersed units do.
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

They’re like ancient cruise missiles
Kaede11
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Kaede11 »

Out of curiosity, why does this happen? Were they used as dispensable units? (No idea)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Kaede11 wrote:Out of curiosity, why does this happen? Were they used as dispensable units? (No idea)
Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

Cheimison
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Cheimison »

Kaede11 wrote:Out of curiosity, why does this happen? Were they used as dispensable units? (No idea)
Both historically and technically. Chariots are really stupid, for reasons that ancient historians explained better than I could here. There was literally no reason you wouldn't have been better off putting guys with sabers on back of the horses that are being used to pull the chariot.
Rather than cruise missiles, they're more like heavily armored cavalry after the invention of rifles.
In the 1000s BC they were probably more useful, but that's because everyone didn't have cavalry and drilled infantry then (even the chariots were pulled by wild asses).

Return to “Field of Glory II”