Small suggestions thread

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
grumblefish
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Small suggestions thread

Post by grumblefish »

I would like an option to turn off the flags!

Obviously, the flags give important information. However, they're kind of ugly and block our view of the battle. I'd like a hotkey to switch them on and off.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

the_iron_duke wrote:- It's always hard to work out whether an enemy unit will evade or not if charged. I was wondering whether some or all of this knowledge should be available to the player? So when mousing over an enemy unit, there might also be displayed information such as "this unit will try to evade if charged", or "may try to evade" if there's some random element, or something similar.
This is more information than we feel should be available to the player.
Richard Bodley Scott

vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

Would like an eraser button in the editor, as if you make the map smaller than originally intended, all the terrain still shows outside the edge; also deleting units would be easier.
Archaeologist1970
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Archaeologist1970 »

What about generals offering some abilities. Maybe grant a extra turn to one unit. Or maybe allow a unit to fallback. Something to make it worthwhile to keep out of combat. They should be limited attempts in number to represent generals seeing the battlefield.
the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke »

- It would be nice to be able to replay one's own current turn (in addition to replaying one's opponent's turn at any point during one's turn). This would be especially helpful if one completed one's turn in more than one sitting. One was able to do this in FoG I - when returning to a saved turn and selecting 'Replay Turn', it would replay one's opponents turn and then all the moves one had already made oneself in the turn one was in. In addition to its usefulness at refreshing one's mind about the battle in a multi-sitting turn, it looked quite cool.

- It would also be nice if there was a way to indicate which enemy units had already evaded in a turn, and thus could not evade again, therefore being ripe for charges by other units. The simplest way would probably for their flags to darken, as they do with spent movement.
Megadyptes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Megadyptes »

An option to automatically log in when clicking on MP. I know it's just one button press but I'm lazy :lol: (unless there's already an option for this which I missed.)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Megadyptes wrote:An option to automatically log in when clicking on MP. I know it's just one button press but I'm lazy :lol: (unless there's already an option for this which I missed.)
If you add

AUTOLOGIN 1

to your USER.TXT file (in the My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2 folder) then it should do as you desire.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Megadyptes

Post by Megadyptes »

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Megadyptes wrote:An option to automatically log in when clicking on MP. I know it's just one button press but I'm lazy :lol: (unless there's already an option for this which I missed.)
If you add

AUTOLOGIN 1

to your USER.TXT file (in the My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2 folder) then it should do as you desire.

Cheers

Pip
thanks!
the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke »

The multiplayer server show things in Mountain Standard Time. It would be nice if this could be automatically or manually adjusted to one's own time zone.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

the_iron_duke wrote:The multiplayer server show things in Mountain Standard Time. It would be nice if this could be automatically or manually adjusted to one's own time zone.
Agreed
Richard Bodley Scott

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

I suggest add a letter into the unit flag to made easier know what type of unit represent, for example for infantry use H-M-L to diference between heavy medium and light and if the H-M units have the ability to shot (i think in the incoming persian units half bows half spear) add S letter (for example actual indian bow units could be MS and skirmish HS), same with cavalry and arty, in the end is easy diference between infantry, cavalry and arty.

Other suggestion is add in the unit strenght in soldiers the unit % of troops alive to help control better when units break in the moment the soldier number per unit is diferent.
Lancier
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lancier »

Maybe discussed before, is there a way to change the name of your challenges? or on slitherine notifications is it possible to indicate your opponent names? I get the notification emails but hardly know which custom battle it is?

GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Baggage Camps, every table top Ancient Rule Set that I have played included a Baggage Camp which if looted counted against your Army Break Points in some way or another.
FoG table top Ancient Rules had Baggage Camps, including Fortified Baggage Camps.

Why were baggage camps left out of the game ?
Should they be included ?
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Lancier wrote:Maybe discussed before, is there a way to change the name of your challenges? or on slitherine notifications is it possible to indicate your opponent names? I get the notification emails but hardly know which custom battle it is?

Agree that with regard to notifications it would be both nice and helpful to have more information as you suggest
Its on the 'to do' / 'wish list' to provide more for players but I have no timeframe I'm afraid

regards
Ben Wilkins
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Benedict151 wrote:
Lancier wrote:Maybe discussed before, is there a way to change the name of your challenges? or on slitherine notifications is it possible to indicate your opponent names? I get the notification emails but hardly know which custom battle it is?

Agree that with regard to notifications it would be both nice and helpful to have more information as you suggest
Its on the 'to do' / 'wish list' to provide more for players but I have no timeframe I'm afraid

regards
Ben Wilkins
So what enables seeing your opponents name on the email notice? Half my opponents it’s dispayed. I suspect it’s some site preference selected( like not having your username displayed on the whose logged in area etc
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Thats great Benedict thanks.

I mean if it is not possible to put the opponent's name to the slitherine email notification no problem, just for example if we could change the name of the battle while we are hosting (instead of "random map battle" to all of them!?) would be great.
So name of the custom battles will help us to know which battle is waiting our turn. I have 5-6 battles i am playing with friends now, some like snail paced some like fast paced games so when i get the email i will know if i have to login to the system urgently and play my turn or rest at ease taking my time...
Benedict151 wrote:

regards
Ben Wilkins

Stimovsky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stimovsky »

pipfromslitherine wrote:
If you add

AUTOLOGIN 1

Cheers

Pip
Would there be a similar addition to skip the "Are you sure you want to quit ?" popup ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Stimovsky wrote:
pipfromslitherine wrote:
If you add

AUTOLOGIN 1

Cheers

Pip
Would there be a similar addition to skip the "Are you sure you want to quit ?" popup ?
No
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Should Fragmented Units exert a ZOC ??
Seems wrong that a charge is prevented by a unit exerting a ZOC that cannot itself charge.
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Discussed before?..User scenarios list is not very readable casue of the color?

Return to “Field of Glory II”