Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Muso
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Post by Muso » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:05 am

Have you bought Field of Glory II on Steam? Have you played it for hundreds of hours already?

Then please consider leaving a review on Steam for our game! Reviews really help new players understand what's good and what's bad about the game, and they most of the times choose whether or not to buy the game based on those.
It also helps the game in terms of visibility. More positive reviews means more people actually get to see the game, so if you want to help us out feel free to give your opinion about our game on the "Reviews" section!

GiveWarAchance
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Field of Glory II - Leave a Review

Post by GiveWarAchance » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
Steam is a pretty good system but I prefer to support Slitherine.
I would post a very positive review of this game on steam if it would let me.

Patrick Ward
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 pm

GiveWarAchance wrote:I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
But you can mark those reviews you think are useful and/or match your own thoughts and you can leave comments supporting a reviewer (If you've bought from Slitherine your code is also your Steam Key). You can even leave your own review.
Right now the most highly rated review is negative and innacurate and 100+ people have rated it as useful.
Last edited by Patrick Ward on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

lapdog666
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by lapdog666 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm

GiveWarAchance wrote:I buy games directly from Slitherine and I don't think Steam let's me post a review unless they own my copy of the game.
u can type your game code into "activate steam product" under games tab in the upper left corner. i have slitherine copy and i did it (works 100%)

that way you can have steam copy and slitherine copy, i prefer steam interface and all my other games are there so i use steam
and it also counts how many hours you played (400 here)

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Patrick Ward wrote:
But you can mark those reviews you think are useful and/or match your own thoughts and you can leave comments supporting a reviewer (If you've bought from Slitherine your code is also your Steam Key). You can even leave your own review.
Right now the most highly rated review is negative and innacurate and 100+ people have rated it as useful.
Thank you lapdog and Patrick. I will do that code thing you advised on steam.
If I see that infamous slanderous negative review filled with blasphemy likely posted by a jealous competitor in that game genre, I will add a positive reply to it as an antidote to the treachery.

z1812z
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by z1812z » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:08 am

I really like the game and highly recommend it.

The only improvement I would suggest is normal play by email. I prefer the simplicity and directness of a file sent by email using an email of my choice. I don't like being tied to a system. I have a dedicated email for my wargaming files but now I will have to use my general email that I used to register with Matrix and Slitherine to continue a game.

Why not offer both options and/or let a player choose the email he wishes to use to receive files.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:00 pm

z1812z wrote:I really like the game and highly recommend it.

The only improvement I would suggest is normal play by email. I prefer the simplicity and directness of a file sent by email using an email of my choice. I don't like being tied to a system. I have a dedicated email for my wargaming files but now I will have to use my general email that I used to register with Matrix and Slitherine to continue a game.

Why not offer both options and/or let a player choose the email he wishes to use to receive files.
Because it would mean additional coding, testing, and maintenance for an extra system which is less simple to use for most players. We need to prioritise our work on that which brings the greatest benefit. Sorry! :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Kendale95
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Kendale95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Field of Glory II, is a game that is already complete and rich, which presents real tactical challenges. I personally liked it a lot and I’m waiting for updates and improvements to make it a lot more better than it already is

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pirate Bay YIFY RARBG
Last edited by Kendale95 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick Ward

Post by Patrick Ward » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 am

Anyway .. back to the OP ... positive reviews, especially on Steam, mean we get put in front of more potential buyers .. more potential buyers means more potential sales .. more potential sales means a greater liklihood that the game will continue to be supported and developed for.

You know what to do :D

Pat a Pixel Pusher

kongxinga
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by kongxinga » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:05 am

Is there a way to activate a code on GOG? I'd like to leave a review on GoG, but AFAIK, you cant connect a slitherine store game to GoG. :(. This game does deserve more love.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 am

kongxinga wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:05 am
Is there a way to activate a [Slitherine] code on GOG?
I don't think so.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”