Computer crashes in MP - should we have a thread?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Nijis
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Computer crashes in MP - should we have a thread?

Post by Nijis » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:30 pm

I just had my computer crash during a battle with Ludendorf, allowing me to repeat a round and get different results. I know that if this repeats a lot, the system will identify it as cheating. Is it worth having a thread where we note where this happened unintentionally, to avoid getting flagged?

TheSkirmishLord
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Computer crashes in MP - should we have a thread?

Post by TheSkirmishLord » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 am

If you get flagged, just contact tech support and they will take care of it. I won't waste the time going into details but I had my account flagged, so I contacted tech support to explain it, and they told me not to worry about it.

From what they told me it has to REALLY flagrant before they do anything. They also said they contact people BEFORE they suspend your account.

If you have problems with your account, the forum is not the place to resolve them; tech support is.

76mm
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by 76mm » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am

Nijis wrote:I just had my computer crash during a battle with Ludendorf, allowing me to repeat a round and get different results.
I thought that the results should be the same if you repeat a turn in MP?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pm

76mm wrote:
Nijis wrote:I just had my computer crash during a battle with Ludendorf, allowing me to repeat a round and get different results.
I thought that the results should be the same if you repeat a turn in MP?
The replay will always be the same.

But Nijis is not talking about the replay of his opponent's turn, but about having to re-play his own turn after a crash. If he did everything in exactly the same order, then the results would be the same, but not if he did things in a different order.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”