I feel stupid, but...

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
mkjhartmann
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

I feel stupid, but...

Post by mkjhartmann »

I am signed up for the current tournament, and on the tournament page see I paired with someone.

I have logged into multiplayer everyday since the 6th and never see anyone, me or the opponent, having a turn. What am I doing wrong? I am sure it's easy, but obviously not to me

Thanks.

Mike
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: I feel stupid, but...

Post by MikeC_81 »

Hi there,

Once you log in, are you clicking on the "My Games" tab? Once you open that up, there should be a My turn, enemy turn, and completed tab. Are all of those blank? Try clicking on each one
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
mkjhartmann
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mkjhartmann »

I had checked this before, and there is not a thing to be found on any of those tabs.

Could it be because I came from Matrix Games, and have had an account there for like 15 years? I know they changed the log in and stuff, and I have had some log in issues before. Obviously it's working now, here, but not sure about the tournament system.

Thanks.

Mike
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hi Mike,

I have looked at the list of active games on the PBEM server, and your games vs baldrick are there.

However, I notice that his username is actually "baldrick52@hotmail.co.uk" and we have had problems with the MP system before if a player has a user name that is longer than the maximum number of characters allowed for by the PBEM server.

I will draw this to the attention of the IT support department. It may be that baldrick will have to have his username shortened before the games will work correctly.
Richard Bodley Scott

mkjhartmann
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mkjhartmann »

Thank you. I hope I will not be disqualified for not playing.

Mike
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mkjhartmann wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm Thank you. I hope I will not be disqualified for not playing.

Mike
The PBEM guy should be back from holiday today, so hopefully it will get sorted out before too long. Likewise baldrick should not be disqualified as it isn't his fault that the old Slitherine/Matrix account creation program allowed user names that are too long for the PBEM system.
Richard Bodley Scott

mkjhartmann
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mkjhartmann »

Thank you Richard. I agree. I guess the clock should start running from the moment the games were available to us.

Excellent customer service, and a great game.

Mike
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mkjhartmann wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 am I guess the clock should start running from the moment the games were available to us.

Sadly that isn't possible, because all of the games have to stop at the same time, as the next round starts 30 minutes later and your results have to be included in the calculation for the draw.

There was also another problem with baldrick52's account, but that has now been sorted out, and he has been able to log into your games. Hopefully all should get moving now.

The alternative would be for both of you to be manually allocated a BYE for this round, but I don't know whether that is possible - I will check.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 amThe alternative would be for both of you to be manually allocated a BYE for this round, but I don't know whether that is possible - I will check.

On further investigation, it turns out that we cannot do this without messing up the draw for the 2nd round. I am afraid you will have to play the game as best you can in the remaining time.

Sorry about that.
Richard Bodley Scott

Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Geordietaf »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 pm It may be that baldrick will have to have his username shortened before the games will work correctly.
Cunning plan RBS :lol:

Return to “Field of Glory II”