and I'm out......

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
TimDee58
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

and I'm out......

Post by TimDee58 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:28 pm

sorry guys, this game is totally awesome and all but with this 2nd update since upgrading my hardware (and losing access to my old steam account as a result) I just cannot justify spending more money to get back to where I was prior to 1.5.?

Rich, Ive been a buyer since PBM umpire & every WRG incarnation (1990's) but cannot justify the expense anymore, apologies....

I was gifted the original and most DLC's by a relative who has since passed away. dont ask me how this was done because they fixed this for me. and have no idea how to get back to how i was prior to the upgrade to 1.5.?

in short, I cannot justify the expenditure any more

It's been emotional

(and brilliant tbh)

TimDee58

Re: and I'm out......

Post by TimDee58 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 pm

I even redownloaded 1.4.7 on the same day that 1.5.? was released... check the logs, but cannot access my previously unlocked dlc's (check my purchases)

sorry dude, you made the best wargames product ever but i've had enough

MVP7
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MVP7 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 am

Are you sure you really have lost access to your Steam account? As long as you have access to the email, or mobile phone that has been set up with steam, you should be able to restore access to your steam account if you remember the email address or phone number or account name. https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard ... ssueid=406

With access to email, restoring the account is easiest but if that's no possible here's a Steam support article that lists various other methods for restoring your control of the account: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... &l=english

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Tim,

Could you clarify the history of what happened?

You friend "gifted" you the game, and set it up for you, did he also "gift" you the DLCs?

Did you have your own Slitherine and STEAM accounts, or did your late friend effectively bequeathe you his accounts?

I have asked technical support whether they can help you.
Richard Bodley Scott

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello Tim,

I'm sorry you are having problems with this. However can I clarify some things on this? Was it that your friend/relative placed the orders for you and gave you the keys? Then was this ordered via Steam or as a standalone? Also, was this registered to your Steam account or were you using your friend's account?

If you registered the Steam account and all the games are on Steam, then as per MVP7's suggestion you would need to contact Steam to gain access to the account again. If however the purchases were made by your friend either via Steam or from our site, then these purchases will technically belong to him and therefore cannot be transferred to another account if these are already registered, and as this is his account then we cannot change the account details to another user without their constent. However if you had this all on an account of yours you will be able to recover this, but if this was all through Steam then you need to contact them to get them to re-enable this as we do not have access to Steam's system to grant access to this.

TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Sorry about the 'throwing the rattle from the pram' yes they were all on steam and no the account isnt recoverable unfortunately.

I'll just rebuy the dlc 's in the new year, I already had Belisarius through slitherine and repurchased the base game a day or so back so im almost half way there.

I dont want to hassle the family because theyve been through enough, as I'm sure you can imagine.

It's not really a big deal, I was being a bit stupid is all.

Return to “Field of Glory II”