Field of Glory II Grand League (Reworked/edited , Apply here)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Field of Glory II Grand League (Reworked/edited , Apply here)

Post by lapdog666 »

• Plan
    This week i ll be doing what is necessary to see if we can get at least 12 players to open the league which would last forever, or at least until the Anti Christ arrives
    So bear in mind that the league is NOT active yet. expect it to be up and running early mid april
    Season 1 : 2019 , Season 2: 2020
  • Rules :
    • 1) Very Large battles only
      2) Game played: Field of glory (including ANY dlc and including Table top mod)
      3) Huge eternal thread where battle results will be posted (check bellow for more info). A thread for disputes and Suggestions (one thread)
      4)ARMY LISTS : no limitations except that you cannot play against the same faction and or same army list
      5) FREEdom to issue challenges and accept them. That means you can play 100 battles a day or 1 battle a day/ Why i think this would work is because its not a tournament and people will accept only battles they want to play , they have their own pace, you have your own pace and preferences , everyone happy
      6) Map Rules : Open,Very Large, open battle (only armies of same time period (filter on) allowed)
      7) if you cant do at least a turn per day or a turn per two days ,surrender the battle , Unless your opponent allows you to be inactive (note: regular ending of stalled games is allowed )
    • 8 ) When you issue a Grand League challenge you need to specify that in the game description by writing : GRAND LEAGUE BATTLE and protect he game by putting the password : 777 (thats three sevens)
    • Join:

To graft yourself in , just write your FORUM username here in THIS thread
      and you ll be added into the ladder , starting with 0 points

• Claiming Battle Result :

To claim your battle result write the names of both you and your opponent and battle result in the (still not existing) thread which will be called "Grand League Ladder Thread"

then your score will be grafted into the ladder
        • Scoring System:
        • Victory = 5 point
          Defeat = 1 point
          Draw = 3 point
        • If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to ask or tell ( i will accept ANY kind of criticism) , also to join dont forget to write your forum username in this thread. you are not obliged to play certain amount of games per week, but without your consent i wont graft you in
Last edited by lapdog666 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 21 times in total.
lapdog666

Re: Field of Glory II Grand League (RECRUITMENT only thread , league not active YET)

Post by lapdog666 »

It seems that there exists Fog 2 Digital league which is not a tournament

i m still looking into it but it seems that only 9 matches are played each season correct me if i m wrong

if thats the case then a league like this (Grand league) would offer something different : a constant flow of games from every era and flexibility in a sense that everyone plays as much as they can or want to
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Field of Glory II Grand League (RECRUITMENT only thread , league not active YET)

Post by stockwellpete »

lapdog666 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 am It seems that there exists Fog 2 Digital league which is not a tournament
What is it, then? :?
i m still looking into it but it seems that only 9 matches are played each season correct me if i m wrong
Yes, 9 matches for each section a player enters. Players may enter 4 sections so that would give 36 matches in a season.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

stockwellpete wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am
lapdog666 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 am It seems that there exists Fog 2 Digital league which is not a tournament
What is it, then? :?
Yes, 9 matches for each section a player enters. Players may enter 4 sections so that would give 36 matches in a season.
how long does the season last? is it like a month or longer

and is the whole year covered, or there are breaks in between seasons
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

lapdog666 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

The season lasts for 10 weeks and there are 3 tournaments each year, starting on February 1st, June 1st and October 1st. There is also an annual KO Tournament I run, starting April 1st (finishing June 23rd). Recruitment for that has just opened.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

stockwellpete wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 am
lapdog666 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

The season lasts for 10 weeks and there are 3 tournaments each year, starting on February 1st, June 1st and October 1st. There is also an annual KO Tournament I run, starting April 1st (finishing June 23rd). Recruitment for that has just opened.
i see. so thats a maximum of 36 medium sized battles within 2.5 months . (assuming i have other dlcs)

problem is i played about 45-50 games (casual non tournament/league) in last 1.5 to 2 weeks , half of them very large battles and i m not even going full speed. i like the already established infrastructure and all but the tempo of those leagues and tournaments is just too slow for me. also i need to play armies that i might not like , because 4 eras exist
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Field of Glory II Grand League (Reworked/edited , Apply here)

Post by sIg3b »

Sounds interesting.

6) No Dlc mixing is a bit too strict. And too lax, because it would allow some matches where time period doesn´t overlap.

I suggest "only armies of same time period (filter on)" instead.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

I'd take part in this
uneducated
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by uneducated »

I don't like the points system you have suggested, as it would punish losing more than non-participation. The points should be:

Win: 5
Draw:3
Lose: 1

Greater points for a win would encourage players to take chances and remove benefits of camping on one side of the battle and refusing to take the fight to the enemy. Awarding a point for losing would separate total newbs from people who are familiar with the system and know how to complete a game.

Also, some might rather avoid a scheduled battle, as there would be a risk of losing and having points deducted from their total. (People might dodge skilled players, or simply wish to sit on their accumulated advantage in points.) By adding points for losing, one can only win, even though it is only one point.
Last edited by uneducated on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
uneducated

Post by uneducated »

uneducated

(Please enter me into the tournament.)
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

uneducated wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:38 pm I don't like the points system you have suggested, as it would punish losing more than non-participation. The points should be:

Win: 5
Draw:3
Lose: 1

Greater points for a win would encourage players to take chances and remove benefits of camping on one side of the battle and refusing to take the fight to the enemy. Awarding a point for losing would separate total newbs from people who are familiar with the system and know how to complete a game.

Also, some might rather avoid a scheduled battle, as there would be a risk of losing and having points deducted from their total. (People might dodge skilled players, or simply wish to sit on their accumulated advantage in points.) By adding points for losing, one can only win, even though it is only one point.

true , we ll go with 5 3 1 then.

i m still waiting for more people to apply , when we reach about 8 , 9 or 10 we can start the season. might take some time

so far Grand League Players are :

Lapdog , Uneducated, TimDee
and perhaps Sig3b

Return to “Field of Glory II”