What do you hope to see added before Fog II ends?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Sennacherib
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: What do you hope to see added before Fog II ends?

Post by Sennacherib » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am

- better moral test
- end of horde armies superiority against good troops
- end of skirmishers bugs, caught in the open they should be destroyed and not stand with lucky dices
- TTmod include in the main game

Cunningcairn
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Cunningcairn » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:52 am

Sennacherib wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am
- better moral test
- end of horde armies superiority against good troops
- end of skirmishers bugs, caught in the open they should be destroyed and not stand with lucky dices
- TTmod include in the main game
+1
Last edited by Cunningcairn on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 pm

I'd like to see an option to create additional command groups. ATM you get 4 for your generals and anywhere from 1-3 for your lights. It can be a real pain if you luck out and get only 1 command when you have a lot of lights. Commands are really only useful for mass moves, and that only generally is available early in the game till you reach the enemy, but it is a hassle to move a bunch of lights independently and it seems a bit unfair that the number of commands is not simply standardized at say 7-8 for each army.

On a related note, during the deployment phase only, why not show commands in different color bases? That would greatly simplify seeing at a glance that you have everyone in the same command in the same area, rather than inadvertently leaving a guy out, or worse yet, mixing two groups into the same one accidentally.

GeneralKostas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GeneralKostas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:14 pm

1) co-op matches against the AI and the multiplayer mode
2) increased resilience of the Pike Phalanx

pjwheeling
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by pjwheeling » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:07 pm

I would like to see FoG2 in the Renaissance period. I also think this engine would be great for the American Civil War period.

GeneralKostas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GeneralKostas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Strategiusz wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:57 pm
Replays, logs or some other things to analyze battles.
+1
pjwheeling wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:07 pm
I would like to see FoG2 in the Renaissance period. I also think this engine would be great for the American Civil War period.
Age of Muskets, Napoleonic wars, Seven Years War...

majgentob
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by majgentob » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:24 am

Residual fire phase option, a la Pike and Shot; more fortifications, a la Pike and Shot; coverage of 1600-1800, a la Pike and Shot and mods...ok just take Pike and Shot, and somehow make it as amazing as FOG2....or just do Pike and Shot 2.....

MarkShot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarkShot » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:49 am

A tougher AI that does not cheat is always welcome:

* The AI is too easily distracted by skirmishers, and in general the AI can always be scattered allowing a local advantage when outnumbered. I realize this is a valid strategy by the player, but there should be some evaluation clause for the AI's global strategy that this is what the player is doing.

* The AI responds poorly when your AXIS of defense is not perpendicular to its axis of attack. Meaning it does not know how to turn its line.

* It is too easy to make the AI's attack become haphazard. Of course, one could argue this was an attribute of undisciplined armies. Well???

All the above are interconnected and related.

* The AI fails to look at the global numbers, and although it could march through wooded areas safely in many cases to great affect, Dorothy and The Scare Crow showed more guts in OZ.

---

With most games your SP community is larger than MP; although MP is more vocal as these tend to be your more hardcore/competitive players. I think there are two things that gives a game shelf life: content/replayability and SP challenge.

It might be nice to have the AI reflect different personalities.

SnuggleBunnies
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 am

For me:

1) Replays. To analyze my own play, share replays back and forth of particularly great games for learning and entertainment, and for casting.
2) Addressing the "lights blocking Fall Backs" trick
3) After FoG2 is done, presumably with Biblical, Crusades, Hundred Years War, etc., Pike and Shot 2, with a 10 men to 1 model scale graphical representation, and inclusion of more of the East (Persia, India, perhaps some of the steppes...)

melm
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by melm » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:25 am

MarkShot wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:49 am

* The AI is too easily distracted by skirmishers, and in general the AI can always be scattered allowing a local advantage when outnumbered. I realize this is a valid strategy by the player, but there should be some evaluation clause for the AI's global strategy that this is what the player is doing.

* The AI responds poorly when your AXIS of defense is not perpendicular to its axis of attack. Meaning it does not know how to turn its line.

* It is too easy to make the AI's attack become haphazard. Of course, one could argue this was an attribute of undisciplined armies. Well???

* The AI fails to look at the global numbers, and although it could march through wooded areas safely in many cases to great affect, Dorothy and The Scare Crow showed more guts in OZ.

---

With most games your SP community is larger than MP; although MP is more vocal as these tend to be your more hardcore/competitive players. I think there are two things that gives a game shelf life: content/replayability and SP challenge.

:D From my knowledge, a competitive AI is 3 million dollar project.

Athos1660
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Athos1660 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:32 am

- FoG Renaissance / Pike&Shot II, especially the second half of the 17th century (DLC 'Le Roi Soleil')
- Naval/landing battles for the whole series (galleys, age of sail)
- the French Revolutionary Wars
- the 18th century
- the Napoleonic Wars
- the Late Middle Ages

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Lysimachos » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:06 am

Naval battles would be outstanding and I think that, with this engine, they should work quite well!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 pm

melm wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:25 am
MarkShot wrote:

---

Just tell Deepmind from Google that this game Is harder then GO and they make it for free :).

MarkShot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarkShot » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:42 am

Richard,

Would you handle this better than Garry Kasparov did? :)

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:45 am

fikabo wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 pm
melm wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:25 am
MarkShot wrote:

---

Just tell Deepmind from Google that this game Is harder then GO and they make it for free :).
Deepmind will most likely find out about camping and will annoy some of you.

MarkShot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarkShot » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, I can see Mike telling a neural net, "Don't make me have to come and get you!", and Mike's surprise when it quips back in 300 BCE ancient Greek. :)

SLancaster

Things I Would Like to See

Post by SLancaster » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 am

Both big and small..

1. Names of players next to army names in top left corner.
2. The comments page to be available at the end of the turn (not before) and the turn to still be ‘alive’ and not go automatically to game ended section. You can’t leave comments if the game has ended, either.
3. The game camera is getting wonky again. There are melees happening and they aren’t even in my screen sometimes because the camera is moving around. This only happens occasionally to be fair.
4. More unit types especially amongst infantry.

KiFi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Things I Would Like to See

Post by KiFi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:21 pm

SLancaster wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 am
Both big and small..

1. Names of players next to army names in top left corner.
2. The comments page to be available at the end of the turn (not before) and the turn to still be ‘alive’ and not go automatically to game ended section. You can’t leave comments if the game has ended, either.
3. The game camera is getting wonky again. There are melees happening and they aren’t even in my screen sometimes because the camera is moving around. This only happens occasionally to be fair.
4. More unit types especially amongst infantry.
I agree with points 1,2, &4. I have not noticed point 3..

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Things I Would Like to See

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:51 am

Nothing has changed recently with the game camera.

I have combined this thread with the other one on the same topic.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MVP7 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm

I haven't noticed camera movements missing melees and they have rarely missed ranged attacks after the last time it was adjusted several months ago.

You haven't modded the camera restrictions or anything like that SLancaster?

Return to “Field of Glory II”