Gaming The Past Designer Talk 4 – Interview with Richard Bodley Scott

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
SharonC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Gaming The Past Designer Talk 4 – Interview with Richard Bodley Scott

Post by SharonC »

Jeremiha McCall, historian, teacher and author of the book "Gaming the Past", has interviewed Richard Bodley Scott, designer of Field of Glory II. They talked about the game, its genesis and features in the latest podcast episode of "Gaming The Past - Designer Talks".

Tune in on Spotify, Apple Play or Google Play and listen to the podcast episode.
Alternatively you can check directly https://gamingthepast.net/

Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Gaming The Past Designer Talk 4 – Interview with Richard Bodley Scott

Post by Adraeth »

Excellent.
Aaand what about that new design about Commander in chief from the saddle ?
I would like to know more!
:D
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Gaming The Past Designer Talk 4 – Interview with Richard Bodley Scott

Post by ianiow »

I use to love Richard's 'PBM Umpire' game back in the early 90's. In a campaign run by good ol' Bob McFarlane/Shopes my Medieval Burgundians led by Charles the Bold conquered much of Europe! I printed the map, laminated it and mounted in on a polystyrene tile using coloured map pins to represent army units and coloured marker pens to map the ever changing territories. The strategic side of this game was great, with the umpire giving scouting rumours of where the enemy was and in what numbers. You had to guess what they were doing and try to counter the enemies plans with devastating moves of your own, All this done over snail mail with a two week turn around. Good times.

Return to “Field of Glory II”