About garrisons and points

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
MVP7
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

About garrisons and points

Post by MVP7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Where do some of the requisition points always disappear in campaign games?

For example, before the second battle of my current campaign I had to garrison some troops. I garrisoned about the minimum required. At the bottom it said that I'd receive 168 points, 86 of which would be used to replenish my units, leaving 78 points. When the battle started I had only 18/78 points to spend.

These reductions have always made it really hard to plan ahead with the garrisoning.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: About garrisons and points

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 am

MVP7 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 pm
Where do some of the requisition points always disappear in campaign games?

For example, before the second battle of my current campaign I had to garrison some troops. I garrisoned about the minimum required. At the bottom it said that I'd receive 168 points, 86 of which would be used to replenish my units, leaving 78 points. When the battle started I had only 18/78 points to spend.

These reductions have always made it really hard to plan ahead with the garrisoning.

You didn't lose the other points. They went on recruiting compulsory units from the army list - the same as in a normal custom battle. The list minima are scaled according to the number of recruitment points to spend, but depending on the list, that may still leave a few compulsory units.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7

Post by MVP7 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:23 am

That must be it. Are the unit always purchased if there are points left to spend or are they only picked if the player has too few of the compulsory unit type?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:12 pm

MVP7 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:23 am
That must be it. Are the unit always purchased if there are points left to spend or are they only picked if the player has too few of the compulsory unit type?
There existing army composition isn't taken into account. The compulsory recruits are based only on the army list adjusted by the number of points available for recruitment.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”