Multiplayer game settings

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Post Reply
ShahMat
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Multiplayer game settings

Post by ShahMat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Ok, after two days full of battles I am ready to take the plunge!

I just created a challenge (small size) but I am wondering which are the best (or most used) settings in MP games.

SnuggleBunnies
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Medium Open Battle, Potluck terrain, Mirror match setting checked on.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

ShahMat
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by ShahMat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:38 am

Thanks, created another one.

Btw, I don't see any open challenge but mine, could be related that I am playing the last beta patch?

Karvon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by Karvon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:49 am

There usually aren't too many open challenges at any one time. You need to check back fairly regularly, as they generally fill pretty quickly.

markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by markwatson360 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am

The beta versions are a totally seperate installation and use a different multiplayer server than the official (vanilla) version of the game, (you'll probably have 2 desktop icons for fog2 one marked beta). Only other people using the beta will be able to see your challenges. The latest beta became official some time ago so all the improvements in it are now in the latest vanilla update anyway. You can safely uninstall the beta (although you don't have to), then open the official version, check for update, update as needed, then you'll see lots of challenges aswell as your own. Good luck.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 24204
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 am

markwatson360 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am
The latest beta became official some time ago so all the improvements in it are now in the latest vanilla update anyway.
Not true. The v1.5.27 beta has not become official yet - though it will soon be released as official version 1.5.28.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by markwatson360 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:44 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 am
markwatson360 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am
The latest beta became official some time ago so all the improvements in it are now in the latest vanilla update anyway.
Not true. The v1.5.27 beta has not become official yet - though it will soon be released as official version 1.5.28.
Oh i'm sorry I didn't realise there had been another open beta released since 1.5.26, my mistake. There will still be a lot of challenges on the official server though if you look on that.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 24204
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:16 am

markwatson360 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:44 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 am
markwatson360 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am
The latest beta became official some time ago so all the improvements in it are now in the latest vanilla update anyway.
Not true. The v1.5.27 beta has not become official yet - though it will soon be released as official version 1.5.28.
Oh i'm sorry I didn't realise there had been another open beta released since 1.5.26, my mistake. There will still be a lot of challenges on the official server though if you look on that.
The current official version is v1.5.25, so both the v1.5.26 and v1.5.27 betas post-date it.

We will, however, be releasing the v1.5.28 official version soon, and then those betas will be redundant.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

ShahMat
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by ShahMat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:22 am

Oh...I didn't know that.
When I bought the game three days ago I just installed the most updated file.

Therefore do I have to reinstall the game with the current official version (v1.5.25) to see the other MP challenges?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 24204
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:26 am

ShahMat wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:22 am
Oh...I didn't know that.
When I bought the game three days ago I just installed the most updated file.

Therefore do I have to reinstall the game with the current official version (v1.5.25) to see the other MP challenges?
Are you using the STEAM or Slitherine version of the game?
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

ShahMat
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by ShahMat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 am

Slitherine.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 24204
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:10 pm

ShahMat wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 am
Slitherine.
The Slitherine beta piggy backs off the release version installation, it does not overwrite it. So you should have both versions on your system. They should have separate shortcuts on your desktop.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

ShahMat
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Re: Multiplayer game settings

Post by ShahMat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:39 pm

I see, I have just installed the beta therefore I had this issue.
Now I have both game folders (main and beta) and I can see lot of challenges, just accepted my first one!
Thanks

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II”