Mission 2 bug (Xbox)

Ragnascot
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Mission 2 bug (Xbox)

Post by Ragnascot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Can’t seem to jump the fleet to mission destination. Finished first mission fine, but now it’s locked down my controls to only expand and close the “select a place to jump to” sub-menu.

I’ve literally pushed every button, logged out and back in. Won’t play. Would appreciate help.

ebarnabas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Mission 2 bug (Xbox)

Post by ebarnabas » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 am

Hi there

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember a similar problem occurring as well in the dim past. Are you able to access the hamburger menu at the point where you get stuck? If so, are you able to make any changes, say, to any of the sensitivities, or flip controller axis... anything? If you can change something, I seem to recall this may have fixed the problem when I exited the hamburger menu. Sorry if this doesn't help, you just triggered a memory that may have nothing to do with your issue.

Regards
Rob

Viguier
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Viguier » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 am

I have the same problem, have you find a solution?

ash494

Post by ash494 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:31 am

I'm experiencing similar issues in mission 3 (Transmissions) of the base game on the XBox One. My fleet (two manticores and the Daidalos) is at Picon, and I have not been able to select the Jump option for the fleet group even though it shows up lit (vs. "grey'd out) on the status board screen for that group. There's no officer assigned to head up the fleet yet.

After finishing mission 2, I was dropped into the war room and guided to the command centre and the options for building new ships. I was able to go to "build ships" and put two manticores into the production pipeline. Coming out of it, I found that I wasn't able to select my fleet at all, no matter how many buttons were pressed. I did as previous posters suggested and went to the game "hamburger" menu and flipped an option for music volume, and for at least one time, I regained access to the command centre wherein I promptly stopped all ship production (I was thinking that it might have sapped my Tylium reserves preventing a jump), and found I was unable to access the personnel option (so, no recruiting and assigning fleet officers was possible). After making those changes and returning to the map table, I haven't been able to return to the command centre. Selecting the fleet is fine, however, as mentioned, the ability to actually select for Jump remains unresponsive.

Saving the campaign and then restarting the game as a whole and then resuming from the save file makes no difference.

(Game was downloaded from the MS Store for the XB1, in Dec 2019.)

Suggestions?

ebarnabas

Post by ebarnabas » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 am

Hi there

Sorry, I can’t provide any specifics, only suggestions. Are there any side missions available, and if so, can you select these as jump destinations? Can you jump to any “safe” destination? Are you 100% sure you have enough tylium for a jump (sorry, just have to make certain). If you are trying to jump to a mission marker, does that mission marker require a pre-requisite of any sort? I would probably start a separate thread if you get nowhere and hope the devs read it. There is also a support thread on the BSG Deadlock discord.

ash494

Post by ash494 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:56 am

I reloaded my campaign from the last save point (immediately after mission 2 completed) which drops me into the map/war room.

My fleet consists of the Daidalos and two manticores, all anchored at Picon. Tylium supply is at 207. Jumping to the next mission (nearby Caprica) should not require more than 100 points. (Full disclosure: I've played Deadlock before, but came back to the beginning to replay after boxing myself in rather badly.)

There's a notification/pop-up window saying "Press Y to access the Command Center, and select Build Ships" (this is the XB1 version of the game). I've already done so once, but the window won't go away. I could only exit from the Build Ships section by ordering up two manticores (recall that the game is still doing pseudo-tutorials at this point). I also cannot re-enter the Command Center by hitting the Y button again.

The next mission is at Caprica (there's the Colonial Fleet emblem over it), which is in the same star system, Helios Alpha. This is literally the third mission on the campaign. No side missions are on the map. As far as I can tell, there are no prerequisites for this mission.

I can use the controller shoulder buttons to cycle through my fleets -- well, my single fleet (the mobile shipyard and the manticores). When I do so, I see the roster of ships for the Daidalos fleet on the left, stats for the Daidalos on the right, and right between them is the Jump/Officer section highlighted in a blinking green outline. There is no button on my controller that will successfully select it. The only buttons that work here are the B button for exiting that screen back to the map/war room, and the L and R trigger buttons that cycle through the newsfeed in the bottom center display.

Changing game options for music, camera, other, from the hamburger menu solution doesn't seem to work now, so I'm not allowed to re-enter the Command Center as before.

ash494

Post by ash494 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:12 am

WORKAROUND found.

Just discovered that the game on the X-box One will accept USB keyboard and mouse inputs.

Save your campaign. Go to the game options, and change the option for input from "game pad" to "keyboard and mouse" (or words to that effect). Reload the game, and proceed to build ships or end the turn, etc... You can switch back to game pad once in the mission itself.

It's stupid that one needs to change input methods, but it appears to work.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Tech Support”