As a small introduction, I’m an avid Battlestar Galactica Deadlock player on the PS4, and have racked up over 6000 battles during three campaigns since buying the game back in December 2017. This has made the UI feel very familiar to me, to the point where the issues listed below popped out at me immediately.
- The first bug I came across was upon selecting the option to hide the music player during battles. Upon entering my first battle since the veterancy update, the music immediately stopped playing, and only resumed after restarting the application.
- The second issue I found was within the campaign UI, as it is no longer possible to view the battle history of my various ships with the right thumbstick. This was the case both with and without veterancy enabled.
- Another Issue I’ve noticed is in the form of a graphical glitch on the FLT insertion screen and subsequent jump animation.
- The fourth issue I’ve found this afternoon actually relates back to a thread I created about the officer portraits in October, when the infinity update and Anabasis DLC were released. When compared to the PC version of the game, the skin tones are oddly exaggerated, and there appears to be unusual glowing artefacts that are particularly noticeable on the temples of male officers.
- Finally, the circular fill effect that accompanies holding down the various buttons no longer works immediately after a loading screen. This might qualify as more of a nitpick than a full-blown glitch however.
I hope these issues can be fixed at some point in the near future, because you (Slitherine) and Black Labs have put together one heck of a game, and it's darn near perfect in my opinion.
Another graphical issue popped up during a campaign skirmish a little while ago. I came upon a particularly brightly lit ionised nebula, sections of which were blinking in and out of existence depending on the camera angle. I tried to capture the phenomenon through screenshots, but it didn't really illustrate the problem as I'd hoped.