Pursuit /Evasion distances

Warg1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Pursuit /Evasion distances

Post by Warg1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:55 am

Hi all

I'm trying to figure out how all the move distances work in evading and pursuing evaders movements. There seems to be a wide range of outcomes and I'd like to understand the mechanics better. Someone told me this has been covered before but I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction re how these distances are determined.

Thanks in advance

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Pursuit /Evasion distances

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:37 am

Evaders and pursuers add add/subtract a variable move distance from their movement distance. 25% chance of deducting 4 AP, 25% chance of adding 4 AP.

Evaders add the VMD to their full normal move. Chargers add the VMD to whatever remained of their move when they started the charge.

Pursuers that switch target get the VMD again, which is why units can sometimes pursue evaders a long way.

Also pursuers that charge and break an enemy unit use their full move again for the second pursuit, and so on.
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by kronenblatt » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:54 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:37 am
Evaders and pursuers add add/subtract a variable move distance from their movement distance. 25% chance of deducting 4 AP, 25% chance of adding 4 AP.

Evaders add the VMD to their full normal move. Chargers add the VMD to whatever remained of their move when they started the charge.

Pursuers that switch target get the VMD again, which is why units can sometimes pursue evaders a long way.

Also pursuers that charge and break an enemy unit use their full move again for the second pursuit, and so on.
Thanks, Richard.
1. So it's either +4 (25% prob), -4 (25% prob), or 0 (50% prob) in VMD?
2. Does a pursuer who switches target get a new VMD equal to the old, or will the probabilities in (1) above again be used when determining the new VMD?
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:59 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:54 am
1. So it's either +4 (25% prob), -4 (25% prob), or 0 (50% prob) in VMD?
Yes
2. Does a pursuer who switches target get a new VMD equal to the old, or will the probabilities in (1) above again be used when determining the new VMD?
It's a new roll.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”