Existing games crash after installing v1.5.3

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Existing games crash after installing v1.5.3

Post by Cunningcairn »

I have installed v1.5.3 and the game crashes every time I try and load a game started before the installation. Both games are Silk Road v1.5. Other games are ok.

I have also just noticed another old problem re-appearing. When I create a game A list troops are of better quality than B list. For example with Ancient British warband B list are below average and A list are superior.

Just re-loaded the game and it is now reversed for the Dacians i.e. A list is better than B list.

I have now also had a weird pursuit of the past where my cavalry has turned its back on enemy cavalry right next to it after chasing off a LF. My cav move has ended facing in the direction of the LF although that is no longer visible to it.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Existing games crash after installing v1.5.3

Post by rbodleyscott »

Cunningcairn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:17 am I have installed v1.5.3 and the game crashes every time I try and load a game started before the installation. Both games are Silk Road v1.5. Other games are ok.
Silk Road v1.5 does not work with v1.5.3. Existing games will not work even if you download v1.6.

There is, however, a workaround to allow you to complete the games.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 78#p760578
I have also just noticed another old problem re-appearing. When I create a game A list troops are of better quality than B list. For example with Ancient British warband B list are below average and A list are superior.

Just re-loaded the game and it is now reversed for the Dacians i.e. A list is better than B list.
I am guessing that your Difficulty Level is set to Centurion or Deity.
I have now also had a weird pursuit of the past where my cavalry has turned its back on enemy cavalry right next to it after chasing off a LF. My cav move has ended facing in the direction of the LF although that is no longer visible to it.
Pursuers will generally turn to face the routers at the end of the turn unless they are more than 2 squares away. This has not changed.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

1. Silk Road problem - Thanks!

2. Different quality troops - Yes it is set to deity but this is multiplayer? Does the setting affect multiplayer games as well?

3. Following routed troops - OK thanks I'll keep an eye on it.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Cunningcairn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:13 am2. Different quality troops - Yes it is set to deity but this is multiplayer? Does the setting affect multiplayer games as well?
Hmm, it shouldn't really. I will look into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Burgot
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Burgot »

Hi Cunninghairn, i have problem with our last game, i got on it and on 2 others games the following msg about general name when it s crash (in some other game i can play, but the info bulle of general are name missing general or something like
Attachments
error msg
error msg
error msg.jpg (48.66 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Burgot wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm Hi Cunninghairn, i have problem with our last game, i got on it and on 2 others games the following msg about general name when it s crash (in some other game i can play, but the info bulle of general are name missing general or something like
It happened after I installed the new update. We will have to start again. I will post another challenge.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:34 am
Cunningcairn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:13 am2. Different quality troops - Yes it is set to deity but this is multiplayer? Does the setting affect multiplayer games as well?
It seems that this issue only affects the army list previews. Once you get into the actual battle, the troop quality is normal.

We will look into fixing this for the next update.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:44 am
It seems that this issue only affects the army list previews. Once you get into the actual battle, the troop quality is normal.

Thanks I did a check myself and as you say once you get into battle the troop qualities appear to be as they should. Is there any chance that the incorrect troop qualities are used when adjudicating combat results?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Cunningcairn wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:58 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks I did a check myself and as you say once you get into battle the troop qualities appear to be as they should. Is there any chance that the incorrect troop qualities are used when adjudicating combat results?
None at all. It is purely a display bug in the Army List preview. It has been fixed for the next update.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”