Multiplayer problem.

NikiforosFokas
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Multiplayer problem.

Post by NikiforosFokas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 am

I am playing many games in mp. Only in this one i have this problem. After the replay of the opponent finish I have this... cannot click anything. the only way to close it is via alt+ctlr+del.
Attachments
20190107124451_1.jpg
20190107124451_1.jpg (436.17 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
For Byzantium!!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Multiplayer problem.

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Edited: See my reply to next post below.
Richard Bodley Scott

Pokke
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Pokke » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 am

I have the same problem. Twice now in two different 'mirrored' games. Cannot abandon the game as there's no access to the buttons (except for replay the previous turn and settings).
My opponents units first start moving in impossible ways (they cross the battlefield, but he never gave those orders) and then the game ends in the state that the OP mentioned.

Edit: the problems occured in the two historical battles, Trebia and Bagradas. One of the two mirrored games seem to give no problem. The other one does. My opponent and I played before without problems.

Edit on the edit: I managed to open the side panel during a replay. It stayed open afterwards, so I could now 'retreat from battle'.
Last edited by Pokke on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 am

Pokke wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 am
I have the same problem. Twice now in two different 'mirrored' games. Cannot abandon the game as there's no access to the buttons (except for replay the previous turn and settings).
My opponents units first start moving in impossible ways (they cross the battlefield, but he never gave those orders) and then the game ends in the state that the OP mentioned.
Many thanks for this report. There is a bug affecting some Mirrored Games which we are currently trying to track down.

We have identified and fixed one bug at the server end, but we don't yet know whether it will fix the issue you describe. As the server fix is now in place, please could you report:
a) Whether it fixes the issue with the current games.
b) Whether the issue still occurs in future mirrored games.

Also, could you say whether the other game of the mirrored pair was completed when this issue occurred, and if so, whether it ended normally, or by one player conceding.

Also, whether the game was a custom battle or a historical battle, and if the latter, which one(s).
Richard Bodley Scott

Pokke

Post by Pokke » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am

a) Whether it fixes the issue with the current games.
That I cannot say as I finally managed to surrender the current battle. See above post.
b) Whether the issue still occurs in future mirrored games.
Will do.
Also, could you say whether the other game of the mirrored pair was completed when this issue occurred, and if so, whether it ended normally, or by one player conceding.
In both cases it happened in the first turn of the second player.
The other of the mirrored game (the 'non-corrupted' game) can be played till the end without problems.
We both start playing our own side in the mirrored games at the same time, so the first game is not yet finished when the problem occurs.
Both cases: historical battles: Bagradas was the first, Trebia the latter.
We played one or two mirrored skirmishes before, without problems.

Hope this helps?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:37 am

Hope this helps?
Thanks, hopefully it will.
Richard Bodley Scott

Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am

Hi,

I've just encountered the same problem with downloaded scenarios (Stockwellpete's initial scenarios for the Themed Event; Soissons, Tolbiac and Vouille) in multiplayer mode. For Soissons and Vouille I can't do anything other than watch my opponents initial moves and my initial perspective is behind right of their army. The only button I have is to repeat the display of my opponents moves, which I can only do so many times... All I can do is use Task Manager to kill FoG. Interestingly, in the mirror match at least one of my opponents seems to be able to move and now the battle is progressing. I can't help feel it is something about my PC or the download process...

I'm not having any problems on normal MP games.
Screen_00000005.jpg
Screen_00000005.jpg (250.6 KiB) Viewed 1274 times

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am

Also, I put a MP paired game challenge up for Vouille 507 AD for Morbio to test and he could not access it. The system tells him to download the content (Campaign: MP_Vouille_505, Scenario: Vouille507). We both have Vouille 507 AD v2 installed in our Multiplayer folder. Please advise.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am

Morbio wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am
I've just encountered the same problem with downloaded scenarios (Stockwellpete's initial scenarios for the Themed Event; Soissons, Tolbiac and Vouille) in multiplayer mode. For Soissons and Vouille I can't do anything other than watch my opponents initial moves and my initial perspective is behind right of their army. The only button I have is to repeat the display of my opponents moves, which I can only do so many times... All I can do is use Task Manager to kill FoG. Interestingly, in the mirror match at least one of my opponents seems to be able to move and now the battle is progressing. I can't help feel it is something about my PC or the download process...

I'm not having any problems on normal MP games.
We are still looking into this issue. It looks like there were two bugs, as the fix for one does not appear to have fixed the other.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm

stockwellpete wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am
Also, I put a MP paired game challenge up for Vouille 507 AD for Morbio to test and he could not access it. The system tells him to download the content (Campaign: MP_Vouille_505, Scenario: Vouille507). We both have Vouille 507 AD v2 installed in our Multiplayer folder. Please advise.
Hi Pete,

The challenge that is currently up on the system requires MP_VOUILLE_507, not MP_VOUILLE_507_V2

It appears that you created the challenge using the old folder name.

We have to change the folder name when we put a new version up on the FTP, to avoid people trying to play a game when they have different versions on their system.

As Morbio downloaded the game from the system, he will have the officially correct v2 folder name on his system, so cannot access one using the old folder name.
Richard Bodley Scott

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm
stockwellpete wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am
Hi Pete,

The challenge that is currently up on the system requires MP_VOUILLE_507, not MP_VOUILLE_507_V2

It appears that you created the challenge using the old folder name.

We have to change the folder name when we put a new version up on the FTP, to avoid people trying to play a game when they have different versions on their system.

As Morbio downloaded the game from the system, he will have the officially correct v2 folder name on his system, so cannot access one using the old folder name.
The system is definitely telling me I need Campaign: MP_Vouille_505, Scenario: Vouille507. So do I need to manually change my folder names for the scenarios I've downloaded, if yes is it as simple as renaming the folder in file manager? What will be the impact of the MP games I have in progress... some of which are working and some are stuck.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Morbio wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

The system is definitely telling me I need Campaign: MP_Vouille_505, Scenario: Vouille507. So do I need to manually change my folder names for the scenarios I've downloaded, if yes is it as simple as renaming the folder in file manager? What will be the impact of the MP games I have in progress... some of which are working and some are stuck.
Morbio, it is likely that the problem is at my end. Although I do have Vouille 507 AD v2 in my Multi-player folder, I had not deleted v1 of the scenario. So maybe the game was still reading the first version? So I have deleted all my first versions now and I have re-submitted the MP (paired game) challenge for Vouille again, same password. See if you can access it now please. :wink:

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm

stockwellpete wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm
Morbio, it is likely that the problem is at my end. Although I do have Vouille 507 AD v2 in my Multi-player folder, I had not deleted v1 of the scenario. So maybe the game was still reading the first version? So I have deleted all my first versions now and I have re-submitted the MP (paired game) challenge for Vouille again, same password. See if you can access it now please. :wink:

Haha, it's not you, it's me....

Challenge successfully accepted.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Morbio wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm
stockwellpete wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Haha, it's not you, it's me....

Challenge successfully accepted.
No it really was him. You should not change the name of the folder on your system and accept the old challenge because it was created with v1 of the scenario. As there are no scripts in the scenario, that might not have any adverse effects, but I can't promise.
Richard Bodley Scott

dkalenda
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by dkalenda » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm reporting an unusual bug on a multiplayer game:

I've an active game with "melm", a classic skirmish battle between Iberian and Roman:
now it's my turn, and... the Battle of Chalons is coming out on a kind of self mode playing.

Probably the only solution is to delete the game from the server...

:-)

melm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by melm » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 am

Adding more detail.

I first tried to load the game with Okie, the battle of Chalon, but failed to load it. Then I gave up, trying to load the game with dkalenda. Boom, replay of Chalon came out. I first though it might be the delay, played it and then sent it. After that, I found it was indeed the reply to dkalenda, not Okie, as Okie's is still in the tray.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 am

melm wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 am
Adding more detail.

I first tried to load the game with Okie, the battle of Chalon, but failed to load it. Then I gave up, trying to load the game with dkalenda. Boom, replay of Chalon came out. I first though it might be the delay, played it and then sent it. After that, I found it was indeed the reply to dkalenda, not Okie, as Okie's is still in the tray.
Thanks guys. Something has obviously got corrupted.
Richard Bodley Scott

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am

I am having the same problem with the Vouille paired game with Morbio as NikiforosFokas was having (at the top of this thread). These were the games that were set up yesterday. Presumably it is just to do with the paired game function, is it? And single MP matches are unaffected?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm

stockwellpete wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am
I am having the same problem with the Vouille paired game with Morbio as NikiforosFokas was having (at the top of this thread). These were the games that were set up yesterday. Presumably it is just to do with the paired game function, is it? And single MP matches are unaffected?
As far as we know, yes. Please report it if you discover otherwise.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Could anyone who has been affected by the "Mirror Game replay bug" please see:

viewtopic.php?f=488&t=89919
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”